“Hey, a dated Canadian pub. Sounds fun!”

Farside Inn Pub and Eatery
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you have any expectations going in this place aside from wooden everything, dated decor, and a menu of classic pub food...where do you think you're going?

This is an awesome place, full of that certain kind of run down 'dive' charm that makes travel fun.

The vending machines of a certain latex product in the men's rooms will give you an idea of the general level of 'class', but come on, order a burger, the fries are amazing, you'll make it out just fine.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Will never go in again. the Pizza was the worst we have ever had. Almost had to beg to get service. Went in to watch the football game, TV went off, and asked if there was a problem, was told it happens all the time and the waitress walked away. So we did as well.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

While on vacation in Fairmont our group (6 people) decided to have a few drinks at the Farside Inn. Wow, what a mistake that was. From the moment we walked in, we received cold and uncaring service from Cindy. Apparently, she was the only person working in the entire bar/restaurant. Cindy has very strict rules that customers have to follow, but she doesn't inform people what these rules are. If you don't follow her rules, you will be insulted and told to leave. Twice I actually had to clear the table of glasses and dishes myself. Seriously, in all of my adult life, Cindy was the worst and most disrespectful server I have ever experienced. I also noticed that she treated the locals much nicer than the tourist that were there that night, which makes sense I guess.
I will probably never be in that part of the world again, but I would never recommend that anyone visit this place.

1  Thank Paulthevol
Reviewed 6 July 2014

West facing outside deck added to our enjoyment.

Big screen TVs, pool table, inside.

Clean bathrooms.

Typical pub menu including good fish and chips,; Caesar Salad; and Clubhouse sand.

Cold beer store as well.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

we stopped in here to have a pizza. the server was quick, personable and very knowegable with her menu. we chose the meat lovers pizza. it came in good time and was very good. would recommend this pub.