“Large 4 bedroom unit”

Fairmont Hot Spg Resort
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pretty nice unit, but needs some updating. Great lower level bedroom, but no heat outlet in bathroom, so much cooler that we like. Shower head is not much bigger than a thimble.
Lot of room, as there is almost 2,800 square feet of living space.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We Decided to go to Sunday Brunch at the Fairmont. We arrived on time, and tho reservations were recommended they were certainly not needed at this time (late brunch 1pm) First thing I noticed after being seated was the food on the floor, not just in one spot, these were no tiny crumbs of food, but chunks. It was unappealing to say the least.

Now, on to the food. I am not a big egg fan, so I passed on the eggs benedict, I did have a peak at them, they looked glossy and rubbery not terribly fresh looking or appealing. I did go for the cubed potatoes, bacon, and waffles. All of which were luke warm at best, very nearly room temperature. The bacon was just right, not yet crispy, but still able to keep shape. The waffles were drizzled in a small amount of raspberry syrup and what looked like a chocolate drizzle as well. They were tasty, just luke warm which detracts from the enjoyment. The only topping available was syrup from a large cumbersome canteen (especially awkward when holding a plate of food in one hand and having to pour from the container with the other), Some fresh fruit, raspberry, strawberry, even blueberry would have been nice.

The usual dry goods were available too, cereal, croissants, and muffins. No toast station tho.

Hubby took advantage of the Omlette station, and was quite happy with the result... fresh cooked and Hot made to order!

I personally skipped the lunch side of the buffet, Just didn't look appealing to me.. Salmon and chicken were the proteins, I do not recall the other hot (luke warm) offerings. I also bypassed the salads, Coleslaw looked as tho it was not made fresh, more like an out of the container into the bowl sort of thing (reminded me of the Reser's salads from grocery store). A fresh green salad with a choice of toppings would have been nice. I was disappointed not to see this.

A nice selection of desserts were available. I went for the apple pie and, what looked like a mini cupcake with icing and a dollop of strawberry compote type thing.

The server we had for drinks missed my orange juice the first go around, but was otherwise friendly and attentive.

Overall I had higher expectations for brunch, seeing as this was from the Fairmont line of hotels. I was not expecting a luke warm meal. Food chunks and dirty floor were unappealing. The dip in the hot tub (included free with brunch) was what saved our day :)

Reviewed 15 August 2013

if you don't mind crowds and lots of children this is the place for you.
diving boards seem to be popular and all were enjoying themselves change rooms were well sized and moderately clean (spin dryer for bathing suit great addition)

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The room was comfortable, the food at Bear Claw restaurant was reasonably priced and delicious. The pool was huge but crowded. There is a diving pool that was fun. The real treasure of this hotel is the warm waterfall and natural pool at the back of the property. If you are into natural and rustic hot spring, not the warm swimming pools you find everywhere, this is the place for you. Management will discourage you but if you are intrepid, take a walk along the stream at the back of the property, between the hotel and the RV park, follow the trail and the stream and after about 15 minutes, you'll come across the hot waterfall. We went at 7AM and scrambled over the stream bank and up the other side and spent 1 hour just exploring this gorgeous place and soak in the warm, natural hot spring.

We also visited Lussier Hot Spring on our way to Whitefish. Lussier is also a super, natural hot spring. It is a series of 4 hot pools, each a different temperature. The pools are located next to a big river fed by melting glaciers. It was a lovely location, lots of butterflies flitting about as you soak in the pools. Bliss out!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Perfect week, with wonderful friends and family! Mountainside golf was supreme, greens were great. Coys 9 hole course is so fun do not miss it. If you need a great massage the Copper point Spa was just amazing.