“Weekend breakfast”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Weekend breakfast”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have visited the Lodge many times and typically enjoy every aspect of it. However, on the last visit the brunch left a lot to be desired.
First off most of the tables had not been cleaned so the preferred tables could not be used. Second off the pancakes were old and were stuck at the bottom of the tray. One of the trays was empty and I assume there was bacon or sausages there but who would know?
In the servers defense she seemed to be all alone and trying to look after a busy room on her own.

• Visited May 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Ahhh!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I liked feeling the trhee states of water in once single place: While I was immersed in the Hot Springs, it started snowing and you could also see the vapor coming out from the pools.

Visited December 2013
Salem
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large 4 bedroom unit”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pretty nice unit, but needs some updating. Great lower level bedroom, but no heat outlet in bathroom, so much cooler that we like. Shower head is not much bigger than a thimble.
Lot of room, as there is almost 2,800 square feet of living space.

Visited October 2013
Kimberley, Canada
“Brunch - Luke warm at best”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We Decided to go to Sunday Brunch at the Fairmont. We arrived on time, and tho reservations were recommended they were certainly not needed at this time (late brunch 1pm) First thing I noticed after being seated was the food on the floor, not just in one spot, these were no tiny crumbs of food, but chunks. It was unappealing to say the least.

Now, on to the food. I am not a big egg fan, so I passed on the eggs benedict, I did have a peak at them, they looked glossy and rubbery not terribly fresh looking or appealing. I did go for the cubed potatoes, bacon, and waffles. All of which were luke warm at best, very nearly room temperature. The bacon was just right, not yet crispy, but still able to keep shape. The waffles were drizzled in a small amount of raspberry syrup and what looked like a chocolate drizzle as well. They were tasty, just luke warm which detracts from the enjoyment. The only topping available was syrup from a large cumbersome canteen (especially awkward when holding a plate of food in one hand and having to pour from the container with the other), Some fresh fruit, raspberry, strawberry, even blueberry would have been nice.

The usual dry goods were available too, cereal, croissants, and muffins. No toast station tho.

Hubby took advantage of the Omlette station, and was quite happy with the result... fresh cooked and Hot made to order!

I personally skipped the lunch side of the buffet, Just didn't look appealing to me.. Salmon and chicken were the proteins, I do not recall the other hot (luke warm) offerings. I also bypassed the salads, Coleslaw looked as tho it was not made fresh, more like an out of the container into the bowl sort of thing (reminded me of the Reser's salads from grocery store). A fresh green salad with a choice of toppings would have been nice. I was disappointed not to see this.

A nice selection of desserts were available. I went for the apple pie and, what looked like a mini cupcake with icing and a dollop of strawberry compote type thing.

The server we had for drinks missed my orange juice the first go around, but was otherwise friendly and attentive.

Overall I had higher expectations for brunch, seeing as this was from the Fairmont line of hotels. I was not expecting a luke warm meal. Food chunks and dirty floor were unappealing. The dip in the hot tub (included free with brunch) was what saved our day :)

• Visited September 2013
Renfrew, Canada
“crowded”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

if you don't mind crowds and lots of children this is the place for you.
diving boards seem to be popular and all were enjoying themselves change rooms were well sized and moderately clean (spin dryer for bathing suit great addition)

Visited August 2013