“the coffee needs to be updated and upgraded”

Fairmont Hot Spg Resort
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the Bed and Breakfast deal today at the resort. Coffee arrived, lukewarm and of very mediocre quality. I asked if there was any better coffee and my waitress brought me a cup from Steamers, the coffee bar in the complex. There they serve Kicking Horse coffee, locally roasted.

Please, Fairmont managers wake up. Buy locally roasted, organic and fair trade coffee and serve it throughout your eating and drinking places. Put it in your rooms for the coffee pots. People are more aware of coffee now so give them quality. And teach your staff how to brew and serve coffee, hot and of decent quality.

Unfortunately my breakfast arrived lukewarm and it was on a scale of 10 a 4. I left most on the plate. People seemed happy around me with their food so maybe I was just grouchy because I was woken up at 8 am with the lawnmowing around the place. Lukewarm mediocre coffee started the bad food experience.

Heat the coffee too folks, no lukewarm stuff. Thanks!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The lounge food was average at best. One of four in our group enjoyed their food. Service was fine but food was less than desirable.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have visited the Lodge many times and typically enjoy every aspect of it. However, on the last visit the brunch left a lot to be desired.
First off most of the tables had not been cleaned so the preferred tables could not be used. Second off the pancakes were old and were stuck at the bottom of the tray. One of the trays was empty and I assume there was bacon or sausages there but who would know?
In the servers defense she seemed to be all alone and trying to look after a busy room on her own.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I liked feeling the trhee states of water in once single place: While I was immersed in the Hot Springs, it started snowing and you could also see the vapor coming out from the pools.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pretty nice unit, but needs some updating. Great lower level bedroom, but no heat outlet in bathroom, so much cooler that we like. Shower head is not much bigger than a thimble.
Lot of room, as there is almost 2,800 square feet of living space.