“Great stay”

and 1 more site!
Creston Valley Motel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Creston
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. We were in room #30 which was very quiet. The room was well equipted and VERY clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Advised us restaurants which were good. Would definetly stay again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We always appreciate it when our guests give us feed back on their stay. And to say they would stay again, is a great compliment.
Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.
p.s the cherry season is almost here!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I can honestly say that the "comfy king bed" was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I asked Bill and Ruth what kind it was - I wanted to get one for myself! (Alas, they are commercial, so I'm out of luck.)

I grew up in Creston, and used to have family living there that I could stay with. I no longer do, so when I booked a mini-vacation for the long weekend, I wanted cozy, clean, quiet, comfortable, and walking distance to downtown. My room was very quiet - surprisingly so, since the motel is right on the main drag, and I had my window open. I have already mentioned the comfort. I was really impressed with the fact that my room was cleaned every day - with nice, fresh towels. I have been disappointed by chain hotels, for not having clean rooms, and Creston Valley Hotel lived up to the reviews of cleanliness!

Yes, the decor and fixtures are quirky. Yes, there may be a few things that, asthetically, are a little dated or worn. But everything was in great working order, including my kitchenette- a real value, that allowed me to prepare bag lunches for my sight-seeing, and even a couple of hot meals on a two-burner stove.

Bill and Ruth are lovely! I was out sight-seeing and wine-tasting most of the time, so I didn't stop to chat much. But every day, I saw Bill and Ruth chatting with the other guests, enjoying a glass of wine, or a cup of coffee. They always stopped to say hi, and made sure I knew to ask for anything I might need. And Steve the dog is cute!

I would say if you want the look and feel of a chain hotel, stay at a chain hotel. If you want a cozy place that feels like you are visiting friends for the weekend, give this motel a try!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I have to start by saying, I completely agree with your thoughts about the comfy king bed. So much so, we even bought one for ourselves.
The slogan that we chose," your comfort is our goal" wasn't just picked out of thin air. We really wanted to let our potential guests, know that it is important to us, that they are happy, and we would like to do anything we can to make sure that their stay is a memorable one. Which is why, we will always try to talk with our guests to make sure there is nothing that was overlooked.
We made many friends over the years, and hope to make many more.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

All the reviews I saw spoke about the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff - both of which I understood when I got there! A fun and quirky place with character. I felt safe, welcome, and appreciated. And incredibly easy to find (which is surprisingly handy). I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback.
We try our best to make sure, even our first time guests, feel like they are coming to visit a familiar place.
Have a coffee in the morning, or a glass of wine in the evening, under the pergola. Or walk across the street and get yourself a treat at Dairy Queen.
Hope to see you soon.

Bill&Ruth

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Not only is this gem very inexpensive (half price of major chain in town) but super clean and accommodating owners. Nice to be within walking distance to everything in town ( shopping eateries rec centre etc) Rooms are cozy and are continually being upgraded. Stayed four days and enjoyed every minute.Should be your stop in Creston.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KERRY W
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

It was great to see you again Kerry. The fact that you have come back to see us on multiple occasions, is the best compliment you could give us. However, you noticing that we are always trying to improve every day, doesn't hurt either. Again, thank you for the kind words. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second choice for Creston but will be staying here again. Very friendly, great location. Had a king-size bed suite with a bedroom and a separate living area/ kitchenette. Very clean, great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MFortGarry
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your room, and that you would stay with us again, on your next trip through the Creston area.
We are always trying our best to make sure our guests, have the most comfortable stay possible.
Until next time...

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We lucked onto this motel. We were looking for close to downtown, on the right side of the road going East. There it was, perfection. Clean, cozy, cheap and loads of personality. The place is obviously old but everything was freshly painted and spruced up. No tub, shower only, but excellent beds, nice big wall-mounted TV, free WiFi for my tablet addiction and even the tiniest of kitchenettes. We only met one half of the host couple but I enjoyed my chat with Bill. He obviously has heart for the place and it shows. A special treasure of a place, and so reasonable too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

We are happy that you decided to give us a try, and even more so, that you had a pleasant stay with us.
We are always working on updates. From new tv's, new bedding, shower surrounds, etc... We are doing what we can to become your only stay, when passing through Creston.
hope to see you again, and thanks for choosing us.
Ruth & Bill

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My first impression was before I even arrived, when making reservations. I sent an email and received a very prompt and favorable response. As a result, I indicated that I wanted to make a reservation. Within moments, I received a call from Bill (I believe), and he took my reservation. The service was first class set the tone for the remainder of my experience''.

Upon arrival, I received a warm welcome and had a most enjoyable, and helpful conversation.

The room was quaint, but well-maintained. The room was a bit small, but very functional and packed with enhancements that ended up being perfect for my stay. If I had spent the night at my usual kind of hotel (chain, usually recently built or fully remodeled), I wouldn't have had the well-equipped kitchenette that came in so handy for me that evening. A separate refrigerator and freezer was an upgrade from just about any hotel or motel I have seen.

I loved the decorating, and the sense that this hotel was personally cared for by its owners was evident throughout. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable. I was surprised at how quiet my room was. The close proximity of parked vehicles and the nearby street suggested otherwise.

My only gripe is the lack of available outlets in the kitchenette area. I was able to plug in my laptop, however. My room didn't have a separate desk and desk chair, but the small table and two chairs in the kitchenette served the purpose well - again, the room is "efficient", a characteristic of the era in which it was constructed.

I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone who can handle something different than a chain hotel/motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We like to give each room it's own little touch to make them as "homey" as possible. We are very happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay, and I will work on getting another outlet in the kitchen area to make it more convenient.
Listening to our guests is important to us. We take everything into consideration, and then, do what we can to make sure your experience is even better on your next visit.
Ruth&Bill