“Yup, it's that good!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Creston
Niceville, Florida
“Yup, it's that good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

It should be fairly obvious to you readers that this is a great place to stop. I could just reiterate everything that has been said and I guess i will. the room was spotless and the kning size bed is so comfortable. And to top it all off you get to meet a wonderful couple, Ruth and Bill. Ruth is a sweetheart (thanks fo the bike cleaning tip) and I could talk motorcycles all day with Bill. Maybe I'll be back and we can go riding. Thanks for the great stay!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank bagger06
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for all the kind words. Talking to our guests is the best part of the day for us. Finding out where you are from, and where you`re going, and to see if we can offer any tips to make any part of your trip better. The bug cleaning is a new one for me too! Thanks for staying with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
ride safe!

Bill&Ruth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Clean, comfortable room. Very friendly and helpful staff. A bit noisy during the day with trucks, but dead quiet at night. Not expensive. We had no reservations but encountered no problems. Location is right off the main road at the east end of town. Beautiful Japanese memorial garden close by.

Room Tip: Choose room in lower level, these are less busy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the review. We are glad you has a pleasant stay with us. Being that it is the busy summer season, there is definitely more traffic on the roads. As you, and most of our guests find. The traffic really dies down, in the evenings, which allows for a comfy night sleep.

thanks for staying with us,

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Imagine getting hugs goodbye from motel owners you have never met before. We had the best Canada Day at the Creston Valley Motel with lots of other motorcyclists and the proprietors Bill and Ruth. After 5 minutes of checking in we felt like we were lifelong friends, Wonderful comfy beds and terrific location for July 1 fireworks and access to Creston. Deb and Dennis

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Debbie,
Canada day was fun wasn't it. To have everybody sitting together enjoying themselves was great. Just like one big happy family.
I hope you have enjoyed the rest of your trip through BC.
We would love to see you again if you make your way through Creston again.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We very much enjoyed our night at the Creston Valley motel. It was older but had a a piquant charm. The owner operators are friendly, helpful and engaging. The King bed was comforatable and the courtyard setting very relaxing. One was drawn to sitting in the gazebo and drinking a glass of wine and have a great conversation. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you Ken for the review. We try to make the rooms a comfortable as possible, but it doesn't stop there. We also want the area outside your room (including the Pergola) to be inviting to all our guests as well.
We both look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cheers,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are on a two week motorcycle trip and the Creston Valley motel was everything we look for in a motel. Clean, accommodating, great outdoor space, and style.

Our king room was huge with a great, super comfortably bed. The motel is clean and feels cared for. There were great outdoor spaces (two colorful adirondack chairs with a little table) to chill out right outside our room.

The owner could not have been more helpful. He is a motorcycle rider himself, and he gave us wonderful tips for everything from dinner in town to great roads to ride once we left.

I highly recommend this motel. If you're on the road and looking for the perfect combo of clean and character, this place is it.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BikerAnnieF
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely try to make sure the entire motel is welcoming, and the kind of place that you would like to return to if you are in the area.
I am also happy you liked our favorite restaurant in town (the Real Food Cafe). Here's hoping the remainder of you trip is full of great memories.
Thanks for the review!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. We were in room #30 which was very quiet. The room was well equipted and VERY clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Advised us restaurants which were good. Would definetly stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
We always appreciate it when our guests give us feed back on their stay. And to say they would stay again, is a great compliment.
Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.
p.s the cherry season is almost here!
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I can honestly say that the "comfy king bed" was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I asked Bill and Ruth what kind it was - I wanted to get one for myself! (Alas, they are commercial, so I'm out of luck.)

I grew up in Creston, and used to have family living there that I could stay with. I no longer do, so when I booked a mini-vacation for the long weekend, I wanted cozy, clean, quiet, comfortable, and walking distance to downtown. My room was very quiet - surprisingly so, since the motel is right on the main drag, and I had my window open. I have already mentioned the comfort. I was really impressed with the fact that my room was cleaned every day - with nice, fresh towels. I have been disappointed by chain hotels, for not having clean rooms, and Creston Valley Hotel lived up to the reviews of cleanliness!

Yes, the decor and fixtures are quirky. Yes, there may be a few things that, asthetically, are a little dated or worn. But everything was in great working order, including my kitchenette- a real value, that allowed me to prepare bag lunches for my sight-seeing, and even a couple of hot meals on a two-burner stove.

Bill and Ruth are lovely! I was out sight-seeing and wine-tasting most of the time, so I didn't stop to chat much. But every day, I saw Bill and Ruth chatting with the other guests, enjoying a glass of wine, or a cup of coffee. They always stopped to say hi, and made sure I knew to ask for anything I might need. And Steve the dog is cute!

I would say if you want the look and feel of a chain hotel, stay at a chain hotel. If you want a cozy place that feels like you are visiting friends for the weekend, give this motel a try!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bill M, Owner at Creston Valley Motel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I have to start by saying, I completely agree with your thoughts about the comfy king bed. So much so, we even bought one for ourselves.
The slogan that we chose," your comfort is our goal" wasn't just picked out of thin air. We really wanted to let our potential guests, know that it is important to us, that they are happy, and we would like to do anything we can to make sure that their stay is a memorable one. Which is why, we will always try to talk with our guests to make sure there is nothing that was overlooked.
We made many friends over the years, and hope to make many more.