“Carton box”
Review of Auberge Bromont

Auberge Bromont
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bromont
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've recently visited the Auberge Chateau Bromont on my business trip. First of all I must say that my job forces me to sleep on the road at least 3 nights per week so I've seen a lot of hotels and motels. I must say that I've never paid so much for such poor quality. The walls are made of carton, I could ear people talking (talking!! not screaming!) in the room in front of mine, I could also ear everything that was happening outside and at the restaurant that's joined to the hotel. The rooms have been renovated, they've put two TVs in the room... I seriously think they should have invested in sound proof wall instead of putting two big screen TV per rooms...
Very poor quality, will never return. I've paid 200$ for a one night stay...I still can't believe it... I really feel like I've been ripped off. Sorry....

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Auberge Bromont

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ask for the North side or get the parking lot. The rooms are non-descriptive, check-in, pass a few days and check-out type of room. Small bathroom, 2 hard Queen beds, rubber pillows and loud a/c.
The front desk staff was quite helpful, the restaurant staff was very good, breakfast was fine, dinner was so, so.
All in all, a place to sleep not to spend too much time wandering around to enjoy.
Quite a bit of renovation going on, could be good by the time winter comes along. The saving grace, at this time of the year, is the wonderful golf course. That's really worthwhile, with great panoramic views.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

In the middle of reconstructions, a lot of noise and dusts in the hotel, very very disappointed about NO ELEVATOR for 3 stories hotel in 2013!!! It was just frustrated to carry our luggages up to 3rd floor. We were accidentaly the witness that the old man who seems to be a director of this hotel was yelling at his worker. Feel very sad for the worker.

Again, cannot belive NO ELEVATOR IN THIS HOTEL !

ONE POSITIVE POINT, THE LOCATION WAS EXCELLENT!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naturelover424
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here as a family for a sunny July weekend and found the hotel clean and comfortable.

We were two families travelling together (each family had two small children each) and the fact that the rooms were large was helpful given that we added baby cribs (which arrived easy to put together and clean) to two queen sized bedded rooms. Amenities were basic but sufficient for our no frills stay (shampoo, conditioner, lots of towels (including for the pleasant outdoor pool) and clean comfortable beds.

We enjoyed having a balcony to sit on when the little ones were in bed but would have appreciated having our room adjoin that of our travelling companions (especially as rooms semi-share a balcony).

Unfortunately, we were unable to have a dinner on the lovely outdoor terrace due to large events planned and reserved for both evenings we were there (it would have been nice to get some warning of this in advance!). Breakfasts weren't included in the room but a decent hot and cold buffet was available (and could be enjoyed on the terrace). Breakfast offerings were standard but perhaps slightly overpriced at about $16 per adult.

Staff were pleasant and they are in the midst of constructing an elevator (but we had no construction noise during our visit).

The main purpose of our trip was to visit the Zoo in Granby and the hotel was an easy drive (particularly by backroads to avoid highway traffic) of about 25 minutes.

Room Tip: If you need more than one room for your group, ask to have adjoining rooms with adjoining balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Hotel under construction. Drilling starts at 7am. Staff chit chatting in the hallways first thing in the morning.

Only 3 cars in the parking lot. You think they would do a better job trying to keep their few customers happy

All in all the place is far from being relaxing. False advertising for sure.

Would have been better to drive back to montreal for the night (home) and drive back to the slopes in the morning. At least that way we could have slept properly.

If you like waking up grumpy then this is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

No elevator, which turned me off right away. The rooms aren't very soundproof. Other than that it was just a place for me to rest for two nights. The restaurant wasnt to bad. I'll try other hotels if I return.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We booked one night, Canada Day - July 1st - thru hotels dot com and got a good deal for my partner and myself. We arrived in the scenic town of Bromont early Sunday afternoon and took advantage to browse Bromont's weekend flea market and good a few good deals. We headed over to the outlets centre and picked up a few things there too. We headed over to Auberge Chateau Bromont at 3 pm to check in, but were surly reminded that check in is at 4, which we weren't aware of, no big deal.

We headed to the old village for a coffee and a date square - yumm! We checked in at 4:15 with the same but less surly front desk clerk. The room, with two queens and a porch, was clean, but showing signs of age (carpets esp.), but had a keuriq and a small fridge. We found a coupon in the hotel info material for two for one entrees. We heading over to the restaurant to make reservations (patio seating was booked that evening due to a special event) and off to the clean, refreshing heated outdoor poor with hot tub.

Were seated at the restaurant coupon in hand and were informed it was buffet that night, but after a bit of haggling we did end up paying for two ($25 each) for the buffet, but they served us a bottle of red Two Oceans wine to make up for the confusion (it seemed we weren't the only ones who weren't informed of the buffet night). For the buffet, it was more a $9.99 one with sopping Caesar salald and a downright drowning vegetable salad. The garlic bread was okay while the pastas were cool (temperature wise) at best, with the exception of the cannaloni which I thought was lasagna - but it was tasty and hot. Sorry, the coffee was lousy.

We took some blankets out to the golf course which is part of the hotel. I did try to book tee times before we left, but there were full up with a special event. We spread out the blankets on a slope and really enjoyed the fireworks show - clearly the highlight. The sleep was good on firm beds and we checked out the next morning noticing the wood siding of the hotel could use a good cleaning and licks of paint.

The hotel is typical of what you find near ski hills / golf courses: adequate for a night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromont
Hotel Chateau-Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont
Auberge-Spa Le Madrigal
Hotel Econolodge Granby
Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa

Been to Auberge Bromont? Share your experiences!