“A nice stay”

Hotel Chateau-Bromont
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bromont
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had no reservations just passed by and walked in. We were very nicely received and got a nice room. The jacuzzi on the terrasse is very nice, unfortunately ours (there are 3 or 4) didn't work properly, some functions were out of order.
We were asking for a room with a view for which we paid a higher rate but the view to the hills was limited if not to say blocked by tents placed on the terrasse, that's why I can't give full points.
Breakfast for $ 17.- a person is quite expensive as it does only contain cold breakfast. The cereals are very limited and no choice in jam or marmelade.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms In the wings not the middle of the building to avoid disturbation of sight by the ugly...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
chateau-bromont a, Web Community Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear D I,

thank you for taking the time to share about your stay at hotel Château-Bromont. We're glad to read your comments, and will share your impressions regarding the view from your room and the breakfast buffet with our team managers.

We're hoping to host you again in the future,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great hotel! We were visiting someone in Granby, and the hotel we usually stay at was booked, so we tried this Chateau, and it was such a great stay! Clean hotel, friendly staff, and a great location; it is across from the slopes, if you ski, and there are lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The hotel also offers a shuttle to certain places. The indoor pool is small and in an odd location in the middle of the hotel, but it's great for kids, and the hot tub was a little pushed back, so we used that. There is a spa and gym in the hotel, but we didn't use either. We had one meal in the pub; it was pretty empty and the food was just ok, I'd recommend eating elsewhere since there is so much around the area. Le musée du chocolat de la confiserie de Bromont (The Chocolate Factory) is a great place to go for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear thegoodeone,

thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your stay at hotel Château-Bromont. We appreciate you trying something new in the Granby area, and hope to see you again on another occasion.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We returned to this hotel and we were happy to see they have continued to offer a great service. Their Spa treatments alone are worth the stay.

The standard rooms are good-sized, comfortable and very clean. The indoor pool and the Jacuzzi were very nice. Their 4 roof-top Jacuzzis (opened from 9 AM to 11 PM) are a fantastic idea.

One thing worth mentioning, a good quantity of rooms were booked for a kids' hockey tournament. To make sure the noise level was not too high and that the kids were not left to themselves, they have hired a few security agents. This helped maintain the hotel’s quietness.

We will definitely go back in a few months to have another massage and enjoy their installations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
admin-chateaubromont, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Annie C

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay on TripAdvisor. We're glad you enjoyed your massages at the spa and the fact that we had guards in the hotel to manage the hockey players.

We are looking forward to have you stay at our hotel again!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Your first impression of the Hotel Chateau Bromont will likely be positive as Bell Desk and Front desk staff are quite friendly. also, the common areas / lobby are nice and spacious. Let's just say that things will likely go downhill from there...

What I liked: Location next to ski hill, very friendly staff, nice common areas including GYM. I had a few meals and would give the food a rating of above average. Decent conference facilities and service. The room was clean and everything (other than heat) in working order.

What to watch for / could be improved: Most of the rooms at this property are quite small. The room that I was assigned had a very weird layout where the toilet and shower were separated by a small hallway/closet space (each were enclosed separately). Proper heating is an issue throughout the hotel. The hotel uses "electric" baseboard heating, which is not very common in hotels. My room was extremely cold, even with the thermostat set to maximum. I knew quite a few colleagues that experienced the same issue during this stay. Inversely, I had quite a few colleagues that had the opposite experience, where the room was a real sauna...! Bathroom amenities are quite basic. Bed was ok but not the best. If you are allergic to feathers - good luck as the alternative bedding provided is quite subpar.

I rarely say this on TripAdvisor but I do not recommend this hotel at all

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
admin-chateaubromont, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ottwatrvlr,

We're very sorry to read the details of your recent stay with us at the Château Bromont. This is certainly not in keeping with our very high standards of hospitality, and please rest assured your comments about the heating issues have already been shared with our team for timely action, and we will be updating our facility's heating as soon as possible
We hope you will choose to stay with us on another occasion.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

But it does not deserve 4 star because when you are in the room it does feel like a 3 star… We were there my husband and I for an overnight stay. First the location is ideal right beside the mountain, the view from our room (203) was beautiful. The room itself is clean and spacious. The bed is not that conformable and linens are not great or should I say no better than standard… But we did appreciate the bathrobe, the extra pillows and extra blanket. Now, let's get to the bathroom; if you ever read my comments you will know that I always have comments about the bathroom. Unfortunately again, I have to admit that the bathroom was tiny and totally outdated. I understand that the hotels may not want to invest in bathroom's entire renovation but it does not cost a fortune to have hand shower and it does make a difference… The shampoo/conditioner were just fine and so was the body cream. As per the hotel itself, as I said before the location is beautiful and all common area are very nice and this is where it deserves more than 3 star. The pool area, the lobby area, the fireplace area and the public bathroom (yes, bathrooms are important to me), are all very nice, clean and stylish. I have to mention that staff was extremely nice from check-in to check-out; smily, helpful, etc… The staff deserves a 5 star. Although we were there as a couple and truly enjoyed it, this is a great place to go with kids. As per restaurant, we truly enjoyed Les Quatres Canards, I will add a special review on the restaurants section with all my comments. But I can tell you at first sight, that I do recommend that restaurant without any hesitation. As a conclusion, I will definitely consider the Chateau Bromont on my next stay over there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
admin-chateaubromont, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear MontrealDreamers,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Château Bromonton TripAdvisor. Our team is really happy to read your comments and learn how you enjoyed our restaurant and the staff.
Major renovations are on the way, so all other issues should be resolved for your next stay!

We hope to see you again soon here in Bromont.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel this very weekend with my husband, son and daughter. We had a hockey tournament in Cowansville. Chateau Bromont was a 30 min drive back and forth from the arena, which we thought would be worth it because online the hotel looked really nice.
We were so fooled!!!
As soon as I walked into my hotel room my mouth dropped, this is not what it looks like online. This looks like a cheap motel. The room is teeny tiny! The top bread spread obviously never gets changed it looked yucky. Our room was very dark even with lights on. I called front desk and asked if there was nicer rooms, we would like to change and are will to pay more, we are already paying $150. a night! The hotel said that the next night there rooms were totally booked so there was no point in changing. They also informed me that the third floor has newly renovated rooms that is probably the pictures on the website. We are on the first floor and our rooms would be renovated later this year. What a scam!
Ok, fine lets make the best of this.
Our hockey team decided to eat in one of the hotel restaurants, it was kinda pub style, good for kids. There was 25 of us and no one else was in the restaurant. WHAT A MISTAKE! The service was atrocious! Our waiter was rude. Was almost impossible to get a drink, to 30 min. Then the food was. Our food was coming out sporadically. Adults were getting food before kids which is just so bad, some kids were done there meal while others were still asking, more like begging for there dinners. At one point I had to go up to the waiter to ask for a drink and he gave me a nasty look. What?!
I had requested my club sandwich have mayo added and my server said, "I don't know if the chef will do that, he'll probably say know". As if! Thes isn't fine dining , I told him to make sure my sandwich was as requested!
I had hit my limit, I went to the hotel front desk to complain, there was a really nice girl named Jessica who said she was actually working under cover to deal with restaurant issues and she would take care of us. Really she did nothing. And under cover? What is she inspector gadget? How ridiculous! She had asked what she could do to make us happy? I said it need to be done for our group, when she came into the restaurant and saw us she could plainly see what a disaster it was. My husband returned his food to the bar, which he will normally eat anything, I have never seen him that mad with a restaurant and food. I thought the club was ok, and my salad with it was good, but nothing to rush back for.
One of the children with us is diabetic and had taken his insulin shot for when he thought he would be eating only to be waiting 2 hours, how aweful is that!
"Jessica" was supposed to get back in touch with me the next day after talking to the manager. She didn't.
I went and spoke to her and she informed me the manager wanted to set up a buffet style dinner for us and pay for it. Hahaha, as if we were going to eat here again.
List of negatives- 4 of us only enough towels for 2 people. Towels were like sand paper. 2 house coats but they were child size, fit my kids perfectly. Beds are like rock. When we arrived we had four glasses in our room, when they made up the room for us they only left us 2. None of us had used the shower, I went to have a shower and someone else's hair was stuck on the wall. Misplaced my bookmark, looked under the bed for it it and there was a beer cap, we had no beer with us. Room is so small if you open the cabinet to get to the fridge you can't get past. View from our window, there is a terrace but there are trees in front of our window blocking view and outdoor light, our room was so dark and lighting was insufficient. When our team returned from dinner on the Saturday evening the hotel parking lot was completely full, they had a wedding or something on the go. We had to park really, really far away, parking lot was sheer us, we couldn't even make it up the hill back to our hotel entrance had to find a back door!!!!
If you want the breakfast buffet its $20. A person!
End result hotel has done nothing for us or our team to make up for our bad experiences, I'll always give them a chance to redeem themselves but the have not. In the restaurant, it's a shame for the server, I am a big tipper, happily always give 30% after taxes for good service even if food is bad! Not the servers fault if food is bad, but wow he was just about the worst server I've ever experienced. Unfortunate for him, my husband was still nice enough to leave 15% when he should not have tipped at all.
I really like trying new hotels, and I'm happy to pay extra for a good experience, but I'm so disappointed with this hotel. I will not recommend this to envy one or ever return.
Please don't make the same mistake we did!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janet J
admin-chateaubromont, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Janet J,

We're very sorry to read the details of your recent stay with us at the Château Bromont. This is certainly not in keeping with our very high standards of hospitality and customer care, and please rest assured your comments have already been shared with our team for timely action.

We hope you will choose to stay with us on another occasion.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Room was plain but very spacious and clean. Expect some noise from kids running about in the hallways.
Hotel is about a 2-minute shuttle to slopes (shuttle very good, timely). Bromont Ski Resort is a GREAT, well-groomed mountain and lots of fun at night.
The restaurants/pub need more and bigger TVs and decor. The scrambled eggs which were part of the breakfast buffet were an inedible dismal, liquid mess. Friendly omelet lady available though.
The hotel accommodates children well with an indoor pool just outside the lobby with adjacent arcade and a craft room for the non-video crown…that was impressive. Nice indoor fireplace nearby for parents to lounge around while kids playing. Only drawback is the chlorine smell that pervades the entire first floor, which (for me) is depressing.
Front desk is courteous and friendly. However, I was truly annoyed when the shuttle driver ORDERED me (not pleasantly asked) to return the rolling luggage carrier after I finished with it. I had just arrived and this got the stay off on the wrong foot.
Overall, this seems like an affordable, clean, kid-friendly place, but I would not recommend for adults looking for any atmosphere or lux.

Room Tip: Might want to bring a fan or something to make white noise to drown out kids running about in hallwa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
chateau-bromont a, Web Community Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Hello HinghamPonch,

thank you fro your comments, we are happy to read that you had a good stay overall. The holidays are always very busy as we do have lots of young guests, so we have to hope that the parents in the hotel keep an eye on their children to prevent excessive noise in the hallways..

If you should choose to return in Bromont, our spa pavilion has 12 rooms away from the main building, that might be a better option for you in the future.

Domaine Château-Bromont

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromont
Le St Martin Bromont
Hotel Bromont
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe

Been to Hotel Chateau-Bromont? Share your experiences!