Comfort Inn - Amherst
Tantramar Motel(Sackville)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Fundy Rocks Motel(Hopewell Cape)
The Sunshine Inn(Parrsboro)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomwould stay againnon smokingseveral fast food restaurantsvery nice place to staynight's sleephotel is locatedbed was comfortablenova scotiasecond floorthe staff was greatquiet at nightsports teamclean hotelother hotelsyogurtno issues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. Very comfortable rooms, cozy and inviting. Newly updated furniture, very comfy bed and fluffy pillows. Only negative would be the heating system needs updating. Friendly staff and very accommodating. Pleasure to stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelerfeb2014
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and the wonderful promotion of our Hotel!

We really appreciate you posting these comments.

I hope to see you on your return.

GM Amherst Comfort Inn

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights. In this time I encountered some of the best staff and customer service I have ever received in a hotel. The breakfast staff was by far the highlight. Friendly, accommodating and generous. Above and beyond the call of duty. Accommodations were lovely as well but it was the staff that put this location above and beyond other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Emily,

Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure that they are passed on to the staff.

We are lucky to have an excellent team at the Hotel.

I hope to see you on your return.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Since their recent renovations they have been very nice and helpful. I stayed for 10 days and they made my stay so very nice as I was there cause my mom was in the hospital. I can't say enough about the staff and facilities. Right next to a Tim Horton's/Wendy's and a very short distance from KFC and Subway and malls not to mention Walmart are all close. Thanks For the great rooms and service staff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn L
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very excited over the renovations. The rooms and lobby look fantastic. The new hot breakfast has just been rolled out and we all love it.

I will pass on your kind words to the team. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked a 3 night stay at this property as I was attending an event in the area. I booked my room directly with the hotel over the phone. The reservation process was friendly and the staff member made sure that I got the best available rate. I note that other reviewers found the hotel on the expensive side, but I found the rate that I was offered was quite reasonable. (This could have had something to do with the fact that I was staying here in October.) The hotel was a little hard to find, and I had to ask a local for directions. It is located in the bog box shopping area of town, and it is close to a grocery store and quite a few fast food outlets. My room was a little tired looking, particularly the carpeting and the sofa, but it was clean, the bed was newer and extremely comfortable, the bathroom appeared to have been updated and the linens and towel were plentiful and of good quality. (In my experience, a stack of fluffy white towels makes up for a lot of sins and the folks at the Comfort Inn seem to have figured this out. ) The television was also a newer flat screen model. Upon check in I noticed that one of the lamps in my room was not working. I reported the problem to the front desk and it was fixed immediately. I did partake of the continental breakfast on several mornings. As other reviewers have pointed out, the current breakfast area is extremely small, but it is a decent free breakfast with a selection of muffins, breads, juice and fruit. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, particularly because of the price.

Room Tip: This is two story hotel with no elevator. If you have mobility issues or if you are lugging a lot of stuff, you are taking the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind words. I will pass on your comments to the staff.

We will soon be undergoing renovations in December which will include a free Hot Breakfast.

I hope you will be able to view these renovations in the New Year.

GM

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped at this Comfort Inn late at night and from our past experience with other Comfort Inn's we figured it would be up to par. While the beds were quite comfortable, the bathrooms were rather lacking in the clean department. There was gunk and hair bristles left behind around the faucet from one of the past guests shaving, it was truly unappealing while brushing my teeth. Again, while other Comfort Inn's have been fantastic with their hot continental breakfasts, this place left a lot to be desired. Breakfast was only being offered until 9am, there wasn't enough room to accommodate the guests lined up in the lobby for their breakfast (only 3 small tables accommodating only 6 guests), tables were not cleaned off after use and certainly not cleaned up under the tables (lots of food all over the floor) by the lady managing the breakfast, and not much in the way of selection. While the lady managing this continental breakfast was quite friendly, her time would have been better spent cleaning up and restocking rather than hovering over the last of the guests trying to acquire their breakfasts all to be told, "I am on a time crunch here, you'll have to get what you want and go". All in all, with no other amenities namely a pool or the hot breakfast as most other Comfort Inn's offer, I would suggest passing on this stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Randy T, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issue and guarantee that the Housekeeping Supervisor will be made aware. Staff retraining will then follow. We will soon be under renovation and the free hot breakfast will be introduced. The dining room will also be increased in size. When we are fully renovated I hope you will return to compare your stay experience. Thank you again for your review.
GM Amherst Comfort Inn