The scents of atomized air freshener and carpet deodorizer was horrifying. My eyeballs were burning red after a two-day conference. I could not wait to leave. When I asked the front desk staff not to use scented products in the room, she said "oh, we don't use scented products" when I could clearly see the perfumed atomizers spaced at regular intervals along the walls and the stench of them practically gassed me. This was not helpful.
The carpet in my room felt sticky underfoot from years of grime covered up by carpet freshener of some kind. You could not sit in the chairs in my room because the bottoms had no support left in them due to age.
Staff were pleasant and helpful but not plentiful enough. We could not check in when we arrived after 5pm because our room was not ready. We had to seek out the waiter in the kitchen to get water, order drinks and again to pay our bill. The food itself was good and the poor waitress seemed to have her hands full with other duties.
Whoever owns this hotel needs to do something with it - it's in a shameful state.We could not wait to leave and will not be back there any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3 Star Hotel and Convention Center, conveniently located near the New Brunswick/Nova Scotia Border. On site restaurant, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, lounge, wireless internet and free continental breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Amherst Wandlyn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wandlyn Inn Amherst Hotel Amherst
- Wandlyn Hotel Amherst
- Amherst Wandlyn Inn Nova Scotia