“Falls walk not worth the effort.”

Forks of the Credit Provincial Park
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Alliston
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Surprised we had to pay for parking, but we four seniors decided to walk off our lunch, totally unaware of the long hike ahead. Signs instructed us to follow the red trail, but gave no indication of how long the walk was. Depending on your mobility, you may find a walking stick of great help. I managed to find a sturdy branch en-route which helped enormously on the very steep inclines. When we finally arrived at the falls we weren't very impressed. Pleasant enough hike to get there, but it can be difficult at times, depending on your age and fitness. A bench at the end if the trail would have been good for a rest before the hike back. Our app told us it was 3.8 miles there and back - felt longer! Toilet facilities not very good. If you go, wear sturdy shoes.

11  Thank JohnLightwater
"loop"
"seniors"
"sites"

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Bucket List: Visit every Provincial Park in Ontario. When we arrived here there were a group of students who were giving information about invasive species of plants in the area. They were well informed and had good literature to hand out. We just did a short hike but hope to make it back in August to hike to the waterfall. The washroom facilities are lacking. It would be nice if they at least put some hand wash in the washroom.

1  Thank kah9607
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Beautiful park. Trails are great and lead to a nice water fall area. Would definitely recommend the park to visit. Definitely wear running shoes and bug spray!

1  Thank Catherine-Rose M
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

A very beautiful park with many hiking trails of different difficulty levels. The longest of which being the Bruce trail, a 7km hike. Another heavily advertised site is the waterfall at the end of the meadow trail, which was incredibly underwhelming, and not worth the long walk. Furthermore, there isn't a lot of parking and gets crowded fast so it suggested to go earlier in the morning.

2  Thank ananya b
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I know many look to the Forks of the Credit as a Provincial Park and great for hailing. It's true; it's good for all of that. I; however, think of the Forks of the Credit and a fantastic drive. For the last 25 years I have been taking an annual leisurely drive (at least one) in the summer. I look forward to it every year. The drive is wonderful, relaxing, and beautiful. Throughout the entire drive through the area you'll be able to hear a variety of birds. The scenery is lovely and definitely worth it. I love to stop and go into a variety of shops ... I certainly never miss getting an ice cream! This year I even purchased rain boots. It's out of season but I got a good deal so I couldn't resist.