“Good hotel, nothing special”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Calgary, Canada
“Good hotel, nothing special”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express, nothing special.

The room was clean but the staircases looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a few days. The halls seemed a bit grungy as well. Seems to be a lot of oilfield workers in the hotel, which would account for all of the dirt. That being said management should step up the schedule and keep on top of the cleaning.

I was concerned about traffic noise the but the room was quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ponoka
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed for a quick overnight stay for a meeting the next day. Rooms were as usual for other holiday inns I stayed at, the rates are higher then other Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Location was a great location except the road was not on my GPS yet...will need to upgrade my maps. No real complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
edmonton
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Everything in the hotel was great. Unfortunately, I was kept up all night from the engine retarder brakes of big trucks coming down the hill. Ask for a room on the West side of the Hotel, you may get a better sleep.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
joeb367,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry your stay was disturbed by freeway noise, but pleased the rest of your time with us was enjoyable. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
RedDeer
Reviewed 16 October 2011

100% it took me 3 nite's & 2 hotels to find the rite one, Holiday inn was 30 bucks more but worth every penny, Quiet, clean, and the best beds, & pillows 3 types to chose from. The best continetal breakfast i've ever had any where. i'll pay the extra to stay here. we were in town for 6 days, wish i stayed here the first 3..

Room Tip: Higher floors, less chance of truck idling noise
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
EDMONTON
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Holiday Inn is where I have been staying on my most recent trips to Whitecourt. I travel for work and stay in town about 6 times a year. I have been very happy with my stays here. From the large rooms with King size beds to the cookies at check in, to the great breakfast bar in the mornings, I am very rairly disappointed with my stays. There are resteraunts within walking distance and food stores too if you prefer.

The location is a bt of a challenge to find, if your not familiar with the town, it is easy to miss it. But if your looking to the right as you come down the big hill, it is there. Just turn at the lights and it is easy. The locaton is far enough off the highway to really dampen the road noise. I never have an issue with highway noise in this hotel.

The place is kept clean, surely a challange with the local constructon and oilfield crews in the area. and the breakfast bar in the moring is nice, just stop wrapping the cheese slices so well...darn they can be a challenge to open up. A nice selection of hot items are available along with the typical cold items too. Lots of fruit and other goodies too.

Overall it is cleaner and quieter and has a better breakfast bar then my second choice in town, so I keep returning. I will be back in October too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Staff welcomed us, were helpful in answering our questions about the area. And the room was great! Clean and up-to-date ... asked the clerk if it was new, he said that it was a couple of years old. They have kept it up. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Reserved a Jacuzzi Room a month in advance and when I got there (perfectly on time) they had given it away. On top of that, they then charged me the full rate for the Jacuzzi Suite, even though I was forced to stay in a normal suite. Not once was I even offered a discount. The breakfast was also terrible with over cooked powdered eggs. Definitely a hotel to avoid.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple