“Comfortable, Friendly Service, Expensive and The TV's Could Use an Update.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Edmonton, Canada
“Comfortable, Friendly Service, Expensive and The TV's Could Use an Update.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

The beds are extremely comfortable the service is friendly, the breakfast is good - omelets, sausage, bagels, cereal, yogurt and a pancake maker.

The only complaint I have is that $150 a night via a Booking.com "deal" is not really a deal at all, it saves you approximately $8.00.

The services are nice, they have a small gym (3-4 machines) and a jacuzzi.

I travelled with family, we had three rooms the first night and every single one of them were fuzzy. The second night didn't plan on staying but decided to last minute, we only had two rooms and they were different than the first night - TV's were still fuzzy. They have LCD TV's however whatever service they are using is obviously not compatible with their TV's which they should really fix.

Thankfully I had my laptop and HDMI cable so I just watched Netflix!

Overall I had an comfortable stay and will probably try lower priced hotels in the area prior to returning.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

In booking I phoned the Whitecourt hotel and inquiring if they were a pet friendly hotel she said yes and $40 charge.
I made the booking. Later when viewing the hotels main site I came across that they accepted pets but servce dogs only so I called Holiday Inn main booking desk and inquired and she confirmed it was for service dogs only with papers.
I then called Whitecourt Hotel and the girl informed me again that they do take dogs and cats.
Because of the conflict in information I didn't feel comfortable in keeping my booking as it would be a 6 hour drive to find out that maybe another staff member did not accept him as she said if there is a room available they would accept our request.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear 4wcowtown,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any confusion surrounding this hotel’s pet policy. Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, the hotel management and ownership determine their own pet policy, often times in compliance with local ordinances. IHG is not involved in the development of this individual hotel policy. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Room was very nice, spacious, and clean.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Continental breakfast was typical, nothing to write home about.

Conference room was small.

Overall it was a good stay and I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here for a week. Typical Holiday Inn Express. Friendly, efficient, clean. Staff were great. One of the nights a local restaurant provided free dinner for guests (unexpected, and the food was very good).

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Good clean hotel, spotless rooms and beds. Plenty ofis hot water in the the shower. Breakfast options not bad at all. Stayed for 5 nights, only issue was with the noisy ice machine just outside my room. Place seems to be popular, as no other room was available. However left bathroom fan on all night to generate some white noise and slept well.

• Stayed February 2013
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My experience with this hotel started with the original call to attempt to book two nights accomodation. Every hotel in Whitecourt was booked up on my second required night, the Holiday Inn included. It was soley based upon the personality, sense of humour, patience and professionalism of the front desk clerk that took my call (Marsha) that I decided to book for the first available night and take my chances with the waiting list.
Within 2 hours of my original call, Marsha called me back to inform me that she'd found me a room for the second night. I was thrilled!!
Upon arrival I was greeted by a cheerful front desk clerk (Kelsi), whom was just as fun, cheerful and energetic as Marsha had been. The employees at the desk obviously have a passion for what they do, and the public they serve. One of the best and most efficient check-in processes I've ever experienced.
The room was very well appointed...king-sized bed, couch, work desk with comfortable chair and an armchair in the corner. Mini-fridge, microwave and the requisite coffee pot. The bathroom and room were impeccably clean (my inspections usually reveal at least one stray hair somewhere...none here). My room was on the backside of the hotel so absolutely NO noise from the parking lot...only the heavy footed neighbor above me.
Breakfast was suprisingly good. I LOVED the pancake machine that makes them for you fresh upon request (a push of the button). Scrambled eggs, ham and warm cinnamon rolls were also available, along with the normal assortment of cereals, breads, juices fruit. Cartons of milk and yogurt were stocked in the cooler.
Heaven forbid I ever have to work in Whitecourt again, I will beg, borrow and steal to ensure this hotel is where I stay. Great job to all that work here!!
The only negative I experienced...the jacuzzi was closed for repairs during my stay. I was looking very much forward to this little perk.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tanya S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Mr.Mark R
Thank You for staying with us, I am very happy that you recieved the very best care from our Front End Staff. They all take great pride in ensuring you recieve the best possible experience while staying with us. If you have chosen to become a Priority Club Member, please take a moment to complete your IHG survey that was emailed to you shortly after your departure.
We look forward to having you come and stay with us again!!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed for one night. The service was nice, friendly. The room was great, everything was very clean. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was kept very clean. I appreciated the express checkout in the morning, was very convenient. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rpm42
Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your choice of hotel, we appreciate your taking the time to give us such positive feedback. If you are a Priority Club Member please take a moment and complete your IHG survey which would have been emailed to you shortly after your departure.