“Nice clean hotel, comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I, along with other friends, stayed here during a karate tournament in town. We found the rooms to be nice and clean, as well as well-decorated and modern-looking. The free breakfast was really good, better than we expected. The fitness facility/hot tub looked nice, though we ended up not having time to really use them. Overall, a good stay and good value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed here for one night stopover on my way to Northern Alberta. Hotel is just off the highway in Whitecourt so easy access on and off Highway 43.

Hotel is fairly new withing the last couple of years would be my guess. Rooms are very comfortable and clean, what you would expect from a holiday inn express. Nice comfortable beds with flat screen TV's and good size bathrooms.

Breakfast is included in the morning and it was a fairly good offering with hot and cold items, definitely enough to get you started for your day. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at.

Friendly staff, very clean and very good value...even fresh fruit at breakfast
Nice and close to the highway for ease of travel
Great king size room, very comfortable

Well kept property,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron Lynn W
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Access to tea, coffee, hot water, fruit 24/7 was greatly appreciated. Basic breakfast of cereals, yogurts, eggs, baked goods: good but very limited for the gluten and dairy intolerant.*The* place to stay in Whitecourt.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

The beds are extremely comfortable the service is friendly, the breakfast is good - omelets, sausage, bagels, cereal, yogurt and a pancake maker.

The only complaint I have is that $150 a night via a Booking.com "deal" is not really a deal at all, it saves you approximately $8.00.

The services are nice, they have a small gym (3-4 machines) and a jacuzzi.

I travelled with family, we had three rooms the first night and every single one of them were fuzzy. The second night didn't plan on staying but decided to last minute, we only had two rooms and they were different than the first night - TV's were still fuzzy. They have LCD TV's however whatever service they are using is obviously not compatible with their TV's which they should really fix.

Thankfully I had my laptop and HDMI cable so I just watched Netflix!

Overall I had an comfortable stay and will probably try lower priced hotels in the area prior to returning.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 March 2013

In booking I phoned the Whitecourt hotel and inquiring if they were a pet friendly hotel she said yes and $40 charge.
I made the booking. Later when viewing the hotels main site I came across that they accepted pets but servce dogs only so I called Holiday Inn main booking desk and inquired and she confirmed it was for service dogs only with papers.
I then called Whitecourt Hotel and the girl informed me again that they do take dogs and cats.
Because of the conflict in information I didn't feel comfortable in keeping my booking as it would be a 6 hour drive to find out that maybe another staff member did not accept him as she said if there is a room available they would accept our request.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear 4wcowtown,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any confusion surrounding this hotel’s pet policy. Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, the hotel management and ownership determine their own pet policy, often times in compliance with local ordinances. IHG is not involved in the development of this individual hotel policy. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Room was very nice, spacious, and clean.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Continental breakfast was typical, nothing to write home about.

Conference room was small.

Overall it was a good stay and I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2013