“quiet and rested”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Reviewed 16 December 2013

previous night at another hotel was awful!. Checked in and got a 17 room, right next to the elevator. quite apprehensive upon arrival as i needed sleep. room turned out to be excellent and the noise generated from the frequent elevator use was barely noticeable.

I spent 2 nights here and did not lose any sleep, in fact I woke rested and ready for the long work days.

The location is excellent and i do recommend this place to everyone I work with.

Room Tip: even number rooms face away from the highway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very nice hotel. About four years old. Stone floors in the lobby. Hotel is very nicely decorated, and very clean...even in the middle of a blizzard. Rooms are quiet, beds comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and well laid out. Staff was friendly and quick. Only glitch I had was really bad internet service. I would happily return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice and clean. Desk staff were friendly. Hot Tub but no indoor pool. Morning Breakfast was good.The staff kept the area stocked with food. Loved the pancakes. My grandaughter enjoyed the fresh fruit in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for one night. This hotel is clean and well kept. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I was on the fourth floor and I suspect my room was once a smoking room, as I could smell stale smoke in the room and it plugged me up somewhat. Besides that the stay was good. The breakfast is one of the better ones I have had. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

What a nice hotel. We got lucky to get a room without reservation with a military/government discount. They have free dinner pn Tuesdays for guest appreciation. What a bonus. Room was clean and beds were comfy. Even the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

What an amazing little hotel!

From the genuinely friendly greeting at check-in, the experience just got better from there.

Due to the fact that I arrived late, I asked the girls where I could get a quick bite to eat and they actually gave me some pizza they had just ordered.

I'm a stickler for cleanliness, and I have to say that this was one of the CLEANEST hotels I've stayed at.

The hot breakfast that is included with your stay was decent and the buffet area was always well stocked and ultra clean.

If I'm ever back in the area, I'll be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel was great. We arrived very late ~1130pm and stayed as a stopover en route to Calgary. Check in at the front desk was very quick. We also were driving with our infant twins and I was so impressed that they had already setup two cribs in our room, allowing us to bring our sleeping babies in, feed them, and put them to bed right away. Very helpful!! Hotel was updated, clean and bed was very comfortable. We drive through often and will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family