“New and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice new and clean hotel. Bedroom was nice and the staff was really friendly. Located near alot of useful shopping (grocery, Rexall, etc). Price was reasonable but certainly on the expensive side which we expect in that part of the world.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel in July 2014. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The beds were large (king size) and very comfy. Breakfast, which was included, was excellent. The hotel is located close to the downtown and just off of highway 42.

Breakfast featured eggs (different each day), sausage, bacon, breads and pastries, assorted cereals, hot pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk etc and coffee and tea.

The only downside was that it is close to the train tracks and we hear the occasional train horn. But then, most hotels in Whitecourt are close to train tracks...............

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tanya S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much appreciated. We try to ensure that at breakfast there is a little bit of everything our guests would like. We all know that having a long drive or a long work day ahead of you, a healthy and hot breakfast is the best way to start to your day. The train is definately an issue that we wish we could fix for you and all other guests, unfortuantely that can not happen. I will post your review on our review board so all of our staff can see all the good that you had to say regarding your recent stay with us!

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Whitecourt!

Best Regards,

Tanya Swanson

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Walked in to make a reservation. The front desk staff were very helpful and played peek a boo with my youngest! Reasonable price for a family, quiet rooms, great breakfast. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2014
Tanya S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear andreaadams,

While we do appreciate all our guest reviews, it is especially heartwarming when they are due to our staffs interaction with the guest no matter how big or small they may be!

You have beautiful daughters! They are super cute and like to play shy but not for long, eventually they were giggling and happy. I am happy that we were able to make them feel comfortable, we all know travelling with smaller children can be tiring so I am happy to hear that the room was quiet and acceptable for you and your family.

Thank you for the great review and next time you are in town I hope you have the same experience if not better!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located in out of the main highway even if it is closer to the railroad than most of the hotels in the area. It is not very close to restaurants or shopping facilities, but it offers a complimentary continental breakfast quite well assorted. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is friendly. The gym is small and there is just a whirlpool (closed during my stay). Anyway it is standard Holiday Inn Express fare without any gimmicks attached. If in need of an accommodation in the area I would definitely recommend it. For longer stays probably not the optimum choice though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I called to see if there was availability the website put me through to the toll-free number. I tried to book a pet friendly room, which was no problem on the phone but then was cut-off. I was only a minute away from the hotel at this point so I arrived and asked the front desk staff if there was a pet-friendly room assuming there would be as I was just speaking to someone telling me there was. The front desk staff simply said no. I had no interest in arguing as I was tired. Now looking at their website it says they do not even allow pets.
Not sure where the miscommunication was Holiday Inn but I suggest you get it straight.
Happily stayed at the Days Inn down the road, half the price, allowed pets, very friendly service and a great room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Heidi W
Tanya S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Whitecourt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the conflicting information. I will be contacting the correct department to ensure that our website displays the correct information. We appreciate all feedback as it give us an opportunity be create a better service experience for our guests.

I hope that if you return to the Whitecourt area you will give us an opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
T Swanson,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel afforded my Father and I with everything that we needed to enjoy our stay. The Continental Breakfast provided us with an excellent choice and variety of items. The pancake machine was a definite hit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stay at this Hotel for 4 nights. Rooms very comfortable and lots of room. Breakfasts one of the best we have had in a long time. Love the "pancake machine" - very tasty - variety everyday from ham omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon or ham - great choices. The staff was very friendly.Also, different breads for making toast, English muffins etc. Coffee nice and hot and lots of it.
Internet was easy to connect to and worked very well when we were there.
Would stay here again when we travel to Alberta.

Room Tip: Off Highway 43 but very easy to find - well worth the effort to drive a little bit further through W...