“Elle”

Western Budget Motel Whitecourt #3
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years, has always been clean, however starting to look tired, the sheets and blankets are getting worn the pillows are very lumpy. Would be nice if the carpets were cleaned.
The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 June 2014

front desk staff was very good he was friendly and went out of his way to be helpful. room was clean. we loved the fireplace and the pool. Breakfast was terrible no choice other than pastries, No decaf coffee in room or the breakfast room. Would be nice if they gave senior rates.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have to stay here for work, it's terrible and my complaints go unnoticed. The cleaners pour water into the shampoo and dish soap rather than replace it with new product, of course you don't notice till you pour water in your hand while showering. Often they take away my dish towels and dish cloths but don't leave any new ones. I asked how often they change the bedding as I was given the same room after 4 days away from the hotel and noticed the exact same stain on the cover, they told me it was changed. I stayed for 11 more days and the same stain was still on the bedding even after I asked for it to be switched. The free internet is horrendous and can't even open an email on many occasions let alone watch a video or check facebook. My door was left open, not unlocked, actually left open after my room was cleaned, thankfully nothing was stolen. I came home from work the other day and someone had taken a crap in my toilet and did not flush it!!!! I am by myself in the room and it wasn't me. I asked for change on several occasions for the vending machines and they never have enough, they let me know if I put bills in the machine it might not give me all my change back. Yesterday I came home from work and my heat was off and the room was very cold, no biggie I just turned up the heat, what I didn't notice was both windows were left wide open by the cleaners and I couldn't tell because they have the very large dark curtains. I woke up freezing and kept turning the heat up, several times before I figured out the windows were open. I just feel that overall for a hotel that has a very large $59 per night sign on the building but really charges $130 per night, the experience should be much better. It would be hard to run it worse.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Rich P
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here for the snowmobile rally, had a great stay, staff awesome, rooms were fine, wife loved the jaccuzzi tub. Would defenitly stay again. Rooms had everything we needed, kitchen, micro, fridge. Keep up the good work. Rainer & winnie
Calgary

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The beds are terrible like sleeping on the floor bedding is in terrible shape sheets have been bleaches so many times you can see threw them or they rip when you pull on them. The blankets are soiled and stained. The continental breakfast is toast or cereal and the kitchen is over run with the laundry we wont mention the have a pool the size of a small bedroom and its freezing no hot tub! Like to know how they book 69.00 room cause the cheapest we got was 110.00 per night?
PS
They have smoking rooms.....and they stink beyond belief like they dont even try to clean them and Im a smoker and changed rooms cause it was that bad!

Room Tip: NO good rooms Stay at a holiday inn!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amber G
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed one night while in town visiting family. The room was clean and a great size for the price. The fact that continental breakfast was included made the value even better. Check-in staff were very kind and attentive - getting us in early and having our information on hand before we even walked in the door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSJ22
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel was old fashioned but clean and the rooms were big. The beds were also incredibly comfortable (more comfortable then some of the fancyer hotels in that area). The kitchenette was also very usefull. Did not get a chance to look at the pool (but at least they have one)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business