“Nice room but no service”

Days Inn & Suites Whitecourt
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was nice. Great bed clean room. No coffee no sugar, but a coffee pot ? Asked the staff about a government rate. The answer was no ! No reason just no. This is the best you get. I think that the service needs to change. You have a super hotel. Rooms are great ! Clean ! I would stay again. Maybe on my way home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Arrived about 8PM and asked for a ground floor room as I had my dog with me... I was told that there were no single rooms available, the rooms available on the ground floor had couches and I could have one of those if I paid $10 extra. I thought that was crazy to charge extra for a room at 8PM so refused it on principle.
Got up to the room (326) and it was extremely hot so turned on the air right away (it is a portable system and sounds like a freight train) and had to keep it running all night, couldn't leave the window open as it was to noisy out back.
Went into the bathroom and the towels were as shown in the picture...yuck...but everything else looked fairly clean so figured it was an oversight and looked past it.
I called down for a late checkout as I would have to hang around Whitecourt till about 5PM with my dog and was ok'd for 1PM...fabulous! so the next morning I went into shower right before 10 and saw a big black beetle/roach crawling out from under the tub...turned to get Kleenex to kill it and saw another one under the counter. I immediately packed my bag and left the room and told the front desk. The front desk agent apologized and said she would have a manager call me...have not received a call as yet.
I looked past a lot of things (noisy rooms, crappy pillows, dirty towels, being on the 3rd floor), but could not look past the bugs!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sanaly
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Came off of the highway after 11pm and was meet with a cheerful and helpful desk agent! She promptly provided a quiet room and ran through the hotel amenities. The room was clean, LARGE and quiet. Breakfast was fantastic, with a host offering hot, prepared omelettes, hard boiled eggs, ham, bacon, as well as the self-serve counter of cereal, toast, waffles, juice/coffee, fruit, yogurt, etc.

Only issue was the rate was quite expensive for arrival after 11pm, and if we weren't so tired and entered Whitecourt from the north, would have continued down the highway another 2 minutes and checked rates at some of the other chain properties.

Room Tip: although situated right behind the elevator, the sound proofing was excellent and we did not hear a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Yukon Landcruis... R
Reviewed 25 May 2014

All around good stay. The room amenities (fridge, microwave, cutting board, wash-up up items, etc.) allowed us to make lunches to take to the job site each day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed overnight travelling to BC and found the room to be very clean, and well appointed with a fridge, microwave, dish soap, dish towels, and a toaster. The room was large which was great travelling with kids, and it had a gas fireplace. The staff were friendly and polite, and the breakfast was fantastic with freshly cooked eggs and hash-browns, and your choice of bacon, sausage, and ham. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I often stay at Days Inns but found this one to be the worst I have stayed at. the staff did everything they could but the heating did not work properly, the Wifi was terrible and TV did not work as well as I think it should have for a room that cost this much I was not very happy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business