I called the night before to make my reservation for a 2 night stay, the hotel operator said the hotel was full , however I was able to get a non-smoking room for the 1st night and a smoking room for the second night, at the government rate of $119.00, also since it was two separate rooms it required two separate reservations. I gave the hotel operator my credit card and received confirmation for my reservations. I work for the government and travel frequently, however this was my first time staying here as it was recommended by my co-workers. I arrived the next day to check in and was asked for my credit card, I then said I would be staying 2 nights and asked if possible that I could stay in my same room. The clerk said I would have to check back in the morning to see if a room was available, however I would probably have to change rooms. The clerk swiped my credit card and it was declined. I asked how much she was swiping it for, and she said $350.00, I said $350.00 for both nights and she said no, it was for only one night. I said that I had been travelling quite a bit and had used up almost all my credit on my credit card, however, I had cash and offered to give her cash. She refused and said, we only take credit cards. I said I know my card will allow a $200.00 swipe and then I could give the rest in cash. She absolutely refused. I said, please I need a place to stay, I work for the government, this has never happend before, I don't understand why you require $350.00 from my credit card, at most places they charge you the daily rate with taxes which would have been no problem. She said it was policy. I was embarrassed with how loud her voice was where everybody could hear - people were in the lobby another fellow was hanging at the desk listening, it was totally enbarrassing. I beg her to take the cash, she refused and then said she would call her managers on their cell. She spoke loudly into the phone, telling them my credit card was declined, however I was offering to pay cash, or pay cash and do partial on my credit card. After begging for a room and for them to take my cash, and after the hotel clerks 15 - 20 minute call with the managers, they decided to take $150.00 cash, as well as swipe my credit card for $200.00. I was then given a room key. I asked about my reservation for the next day, and she simply said, they've cancelled it since I didn't have enough credit on my credit card. Again, I said I have cash, that wasn't good enough, my room for the next day was promptly cancelled. When she gave me the key, she said that there was a continental breakfast available in the morning, first come first serve. The next morning when I went down, the room was full of people, it appeared management was having a meeting with staff (as the people in room looked like employees) and they used all up all the chairs and tables, so with no place to sit, I left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake, we go above and beyond to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We offer a wide range of room types to meet any traveler's requirements. This home appeal carries on into the morning with a free deluxe continental breakfast. Our guests are welcome to relax in our hot tub and use the high-end fitness equipment in our exercise room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Inn And Suites Slave Lake
- Lakeview Inn & Suites Slave Lake Hotel Slave Lake