“best fish n' chips in gibsons”
Review of Cod Fathers

Cod Fathers
Ranked #37 of 53 Restaurants in Gibsons
Cuisines: Fast food
Vancouver, Canada
“best fish n' chips in gibsons”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The former owners were a bunch of slovenly un-washed hippies who ran the place into the ground. I stopped eating there after one visit. I waited 30 mins for my food (place was not busy) and when it arrived, it was soaked in grease and the fries undercooked. The fish was 'wrinkled' when I broke up the batter, so it was probably freezer burnt. Disgusting

However, the new owners have really done an amazing job on the menu and cleaning up the premises. The new establishment is now immaculately hygienic, and I see they put alot of hard work and thought into the new restaurant, and that speaks to the high quality menu they offer. The service was great, the owner has work study students helping her out, and it's nice to see she is taking an interest in the youth of the community and teaching them business and customer service skills.

We visited twice in May, and both times the food we ordered was excellent. The fish portions are generous, quality is exceptionally fresh, the batter light and crisp, and the burgers very tasty. I was very happy with the quality of my meal, and the fish and chips are superior to some Vancouver establishments.

Thank you!

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank velociraptor2011

canada
“Pretty Darn Good”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We dined at Cod Fathers and it was very tasty. Nice light tempura batter and tender fish. Great fries even thought they had sold out of the regular fries. The place was spotless and the staff very friendly. These are new owners and a vast improvement over the past owners. A tiny little spot in Gibsons Landing, great for take-out to the pier and the ocean-front park directly in front.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Innspyred2
“Worst Fish and Chips I Ever Had”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

This restaurant re-opened recently under new management. It is cleaner, friendlier, but the fish and chips are just horrible. The fish looks good when served, but inside is a gross mush of a fish paste. It seems like it was deep fried while frozen. The batter is way too thick and it wasn't cooked all the way through. I didn't eat half a piece and I threw it all out. I had to buy food on the ferry back to Horseshoe Bay again. This place needs to taste their own food before they put it out on the menu.

• Visited May 2011