“Chris Admiraal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Chris Admiraal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Cool atmosphere with upbeat music to set a fun mood mostly geared for a younger generation. Service was adequate. We were a little concerned with the volume of fruit flies and dirty table....
The steaks we had were great! The mash potatoes were also fabulous. We were a little disappointed we didn't get any vegetables at all, but really it's all about the juicy steak! :)

Gibsons
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scenic vistas from Bull's deck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Bull Chophouse is one of the newest restaurants in Gibsons. We have been there a couple of times lately and have been pleased both times. The restaurant is quite small but when the warmer weather arrives, the deck provides more seating and pretty awesome scenery.

It's mostly about the beef, although they do some seafood (mussels) and usually there is a fish as well. I had beef the first time and mussels the second time we went there and both were delicious and well cooked. The beef is great quality but that also means that it is not inexpensive; steaks come with one complimentary side. The sides are really good but pretty small so people who like big food could be disappointed here.

The atmosphere is quieter than Smitty's (next door oyster bar) and I sometimes wonder why the owners of this place don't advertise or market the restaurant to try to boost its popularity. That being said, we enjoyed ourselves both times and like the low key but friendly service.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gibsons, British Columbia, Canada
“Memor-a-Bull Father's Day served on a Cedar Plank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am so upset that this place has been open almost a year and no one told me. Imagine that I have walked by this place and assumed it was probably the same as everywhere else. I was blown away. The greeting = warm and welcoming. The service - accommodating and efficient. The menu - creative and cheeky. The food presentation - truly excellent, humble, yet elegant. Divine. Afforda-aBull.

Our server is Shawn Divers the proprietor and we felt like we were invited into his home for supper. We brought our children and he quickly adapted to our needs. We shared off the menu and sides and it came to the table family style. It was the perfect dining experience for my special day with the special people in my life.

It made a memory for me that will remain high on my list of best meals in my life. Thanks.

• Visited June 2014
North Vancouver, Canada
“Its a win!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Loved it! Really fun and beautiful atmosphere, great drinks, and super delicious food. I love how they designed the menu

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Decor and Location But Service was Wanting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great location in Gibsons and the restaurant decor and deck are very nice. Menu was focused on meat. Food was average. Could be much better. The restaurant was not busy with only the deck tables occupied when we arrived and did not get busier. Only two staff serving tables but should have been able to handle the volume easily. Cooks slow? We waited a long time for food and had to flag down a server to settle bill. Wouldn't go back based on service.

• Visited August 2013