“This is the way to spend a late afternoon with friends”

Nineteen-02 Tea Bar
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Gibsons
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: One of the largest ranges of Organic Tea in North America. We focus on fresh tea that can still bring you health benefits from drinking Tea while tasting even more amazing than what you are used to. We use mixology and innovation to bring quality to you. Come visit our Tea Bar in Gibsons, BC and see the mixology and innovation first hand in your specially prepared drink or our Tea blends created for you by Nineteen-02. Come to Nineteen-02, the experience will leave you wanting more while your body will be asking why you haven't been here sooner.
Bellingham, Washington
“This is the way to spend a late afternoon with friends”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My friend and I spent several days in Gibsons and enjoyed having late afternoon tea while sitting outside of the Nineteen '02 Tea House. My first impression was that the woman who owns the place knows absolutely everything there is to know about tea that is not only good tasting but healthy for you! I wish I knew her name, but whatever it is, she is an amazingly bright and energetic soul.

We found out about unbleached teabags, about glass diffusers, and of course, about the tea options.
Settling upon two separate pots the first day, we enjoyed sitting outside(even in the rain) and the unrushed time to discuss the issues of the day or whatever our conversation landed upon. This MUST be the REASON for "taking tea!"
My friend's scone, she said, was the most delicious in her long life! Unfortunately, my diet didn't allow me to even taste it.

We agreed we just HAD to return the next day, and we did. We found other varieties of teas we had considered but not bought the first day, and my friend got another scone or two, fresh baked, as I recall. I investigated the option of shipping (free) special teapots or cups back to the U.S.
That afternoon, we sat outside again and read aloud from a novel to one another, wiling the away the hours of our vacation : ) Somehow the tea house came to represent what I had sought in Gibsons...the end to all previous urgent craziness!

After returning to "The States," I saw tea differently and continue to enjoy it far more! Twice a day, I make tea, but twice a day, I wish I had bought the teapot or cup, along with the tea to put in it...all from Nineteen '02. I will soon get it together to order from their newly created website.

Visited July 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely cup of tea and homemade scone. Loads of teas to choose from. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Would recommend to others.

Visited August 2014
“Cute little place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ordered a coffee and looked around, cute little place. Loved the decor & antique touches. Coffee was decent.

Visited July 2014
Red Deer, Canada
“Tea lovers delight”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This amazing little store is the perfect find for a picky tea drinker! I wandered by and was amazed by their selection, knowledge and genuine desire to be of service. I bought three trial size teas and returned again to "stock up" on my favorites before leaving town. They mix their own organic teas and everything looks and tastes like a quality cup of tea should. I would return to Gibsons again just for the tea! I look forward to ordering from the website.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TaraFromRedDeer
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly and knowledgeable”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a lovely time at this cute place sipping on cold rooibos tea and munching on a delicious homemade scone. My husband enjoyed his coffee which the staff know as much about as they do tea. I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014