“Loved the oysters.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
“Loved the oysters.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Order the fresh oysters! It was the best dish we had. Would have rather just ordered a couple plates of that.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kailee A

Gibsons, Canada
“favourite place after boating”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

we really enjoyed our dinner Thursday; we each had an assortment of oysters for starters;
Two of us enjoyed the crab cake & salad; my brother really liked the tuna tatare; my wife had her favorite, the chilli lime prawns, and I had mine, the halibut fritters. The location is great; fifty feet from our moorage; really close to the water. We always sit at the big table, just because you often get to meet people that way, and you are outside on a sunny day. The service was good as well. It's our favorite place after a day out on the boat. It is all about atmosphere and we love it.

Red Deer, Canada
“Good food, OK service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our salmon was delicious! The atmosphere was pretty nice. It's right on the water, with really cool decor and fun music. I found the language passed around the staff to be quite crude. The prices were quite high too, and the service didn't match it. I'd try somewhere else next time I'm in Gibsons.

Vancouver, Canada
“Don't bother with this pretentious eatery.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My friends and I stopped in for lunch. The food was average to tasteless, the prices very high,and the portions were very skimpy. Crab cakes is one small dry crab cake. Tuna tartar was 1/4 cup chopped tuna on 3 tablespoons of avocado. But the worst part of this experience was when my friend and I were advised by a snippy server that we would have to move into the sunny side of the picnic table because a large group was coming in! As we paid our bill we were advised that next time we should eat at Molly's Reach (just up the walk). I agreed next time we would take our business there - where the food is just fine thanks, well priced and the servers seemed to enjoy their job. FYI the best place to eat in Gibson's for us was the Waterfront Restaurant and the Black Bean Cafe.

3 Thank Islandhopperbc
Whistler, Canada
“Its all about the atmosphere....”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Without doubt, this is a lovely place to tie up your boat and walk up the ramp to for a drink.

However, the food was very poor and overpriced. I had the lobster dumpings (gyoza) which was classified a small plate and indeed it was! When it arrived, there were only 4 of them lined up with a few pieces of limp salad as a garnish. $15 is absolutely ridiculous for this and I would have been hard pressed to pay $5 if I had seen it first. My husband had halibut fritters which was essentially fish and chips but the fish was cut up into bite sized pieces. $17 for a tiny bowl! At Mollys Reach around the corner, you can a substantial fish and chips for far less and better quality.

As I say, its all about the atmosphere and not the food but if you are prepared to pay over the odds to eat there, go for it..... Needless to say, I won't be returning.

1 Thank lisawhistler