“Great Buffalo burger”

Head Smashed-In Cafeteria
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Fort Macleod
Description: 3 kilometres North of Fort Macleod on Hwy #2 North, then 16 km West on Secondary Highway #785.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had lunch at the end of my visit and sampled my first buffalo burger and it was very tasty.The service was quick and efficient and there was room for 50 or so in the cafeteria area which served a variety of fast foods quickly and efficiently.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Buffalo wrap and buffalo stew were excellent. Simple fare, for a quick bite, but sufficient choices.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The menu at Head-Smashed-In Cafe might appear simple, but the flavors and variety in the food are incredible. As someone who is rather health conscious, I was truly impressed with the healthy options on the menu (garden salads, wraps, sweet potato fries, yogurt parfait). The cafe also plays on the “native theme” with menu items such as Buffalo burgers, Buffalo Stew, and Buffalo Chili. The cafe was clean and tidy and I’m happy to say that all of the staff members there greeted my friends and I with smiles. I would thoroughly recommend Head-Smashed-In Cafe to anyone. I know I'll certainly be returning soon!

1  Thank Alicia S
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We thought the Indian historical site was pretty cool and stopped here for some food. If you like burgers you will love their deluxe bison burger, it is one of the best I have ever had. The wait staff were really helpful and food came out in a timely fashion. We didn't try anything else on the menu but you don't need to. Just get the burger! And, for bison it was really well priced

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great food! Very friendly service. Was very relaxed environment for my wife and myself. Great getaway. Highly recomended.