“Great meal and excellent service”
Review of Luigi's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Luigi's Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We used Trip Advisor to select a restaurant to entertain our family who live in Fort MacLeod. We arrived to a well organized restaurant and friendly staff. It was early, but the restaurant soon had additional guests.
We had Chicken Neptune and Steak Neptune, as well as Chicken and Veal Parmigiana, which was accompanied by some very good dry red wine.
The service was attentive, fun and patient. She was very willing to explain the menu and to wait until we were ready to order. Some of us took a little bit longer to select our meal.
Once the food came, we found that it was very well presented (excellent salads, plenty of dressing) and that the main entrées were delicious. The sides were fresh and the mains were perfectly prepared. One suggestion, the garlic bread should be upgraded beyond basic bread.
The deserts exceeded our expectations.

Please note that we did not see any evidence of management/staff problems - something would have been totally unacceptable.

****We would strongly recommend this restaurant.*****

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We chose this restaurant purely because it was within walking distance to The Ramada where we staying overnight. We were served quickly and given water immediately. The salmon was offered with a ginger sauce but as I dislike ginger they were happy to replace this with a lemon butter sauce. My husband had the jambalaya which he said was vert tasty. The desserts looked good but we were too tired after an eight hour drive to eat any more. With a half litre of wine the bill was 52 dollars. Would recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We were there on a saturday afternoon for lunch. We were previously there for a visit and the food and service was exceptional. On this day, the management was looking pretty rough. There was a trainee waitress there that was spoken to not to well by this owner. Also owner came out to greet customers and was down right rude. Could not believe the treatment others were getting by this man, and the way he was treating his new staff. This guy was helping on the line cooking too, the food was crap. The bison burger smelled old and bad, my sandwich had completely raw bacon on it.. Did not feel like returning it but made sure we gave a big tip to the new girl working there. Felt sorry for her having to deal with such a poor style of management. Nothing but nastiness. That experienced kind of ruined my opinion about that place. The food, and the management poor. Do not really want to go back there because of that.

5  Thank DrEvil1976
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This calzone was really yummy, packed with gooey cheese and salami, but it would have really benefitted from some kind of vegetable like peppers or mushrooms or spinach. Ordered the caesar salad and it was only acceptable. Too much dressing, didn't taste home made and had insufficient flavour. I guess vegetables aren't a priority in this town. The locals didn't have a vegetable on their plates, only fries, so I guess Luigi has to make what his regulars want. Luigi - when there's a big festival in town and people come from all over, add more vegetables to your specials.

Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

This cozy little restaurant really made my evening. The staff was kind and helpful. My server was fast friendly and efficent. Refill drinks were on my table before I had to ask. Food was cooked right the first time. Management was increadiably friendly when I asked to speak to them letting them know I had a wonderful meal and great service. Thanks. I will be back Luigis!