“Terrible service and overpriced food, especially for 2 sandwiches (baloney instead of ham and process cheap cheese on Wonder Bre”
Review of Silver Grill

Silver Grill
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Fort Macleod
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It took 55 minutes to get a tea, 2 so called "ham sandwiches", and a glass of tap water (which we were charged 2.50 for even though we watched them pour it from the tap (no ice). We ordered a salad that never did come but was never taken off the bill. Terrible service, especially when they did not want to subtract the 7 dollar salad from the bill that never arrived. Judging by the salad that arrived at the table next to ours we are glad it did not (3-4 pieces of lettuce, two tiny pieces of tomato and no dressing. They complained about the 7 dollar salad).

Last, they charged for a second cup of tea even though they only added hot water to the used tea bag in my cup, another 2.50 charge for hot tap water.

1  Thank DocDreath
There are newer reviews for Silver Grill

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Waiter was rude and snippy. Wouldn't take his drink order from everyone at the table before leaving. Food was greasy and over priced. Won't be returning.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Asian food is okay, although overpriced. Don't order the fish and chips! It is no better than frozen grocery store fare. The manager though is something else. I don't know how else to say it, he was just offensive. He felt the need to comment on the U.S. President, the U.S. economy, my husband's accent, etc. I finally walked out while he was mid sentence to spare myself another example to share with you.

1  Thank teresaterry
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Talk about a clash of cultures! Restaurant has a gorgeous Western bar and a kitchen serving the best Chinese food in town.

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Ew. Sometimes a dive has good food and friendly people, but we weren't so lucky at the Silver Grill. My burger tasted really good until halfway through, when I bit down on a 3-inch long gristly piece of I-don't-want-to-know what. The sweetly condescending server mused that perhaps it was a vein. He also pointed out that I had made it through 80 percent of the burger (we had a show to see at the Empress, so rather than reorder, I finished off the bun). I asked the server to knock a few bucks of the price of the entrée. I was granted a discount of two dollars.
I did not appreciate the disgusting surprise, and the assumption that I was out to save a few measly bucks on a meal at a crappy little greasy spoon. If you want a burger in Fort Macleod, go to the A & W.