Kokanee Springs Golf Resort
US$143
US$140
US$152
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$225
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$104
US$179
US$170
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$130
Travelocity
Hume Hotel & Spa(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$118
Wedgwood Retreat(Crawford Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree ferrytee boxespro shopteesfairwaysdeerlakeaccommodationnelsonbearcondo
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My parents first started going to Kokanee Springs Golf Resort in the summer of 1973 and our family has not looked back since. Now, 38 years later, it is a calender staple that every year myself, my 3 brothers, our families.... and of course my parents, meet in Kokanne every summer.
In 1973, the course was only about 15 holes, was $2.00 per round, and you payed on an honour system!
Nowadays the course is no longer $2 per round, and there is an actualy human hand to recieve your cash or card, but that doesn't mean the word honour is no longer a part of the experience. The staff (many of whom have been there for years) seem to have a passion and connection for the course that is uncommon, and probably is attributed to the tranquility of the whole Crawford Bay / Kootenay Bay area. They really treat you like its an honour to have you around, and that's an experience I'll never pass up.

What else keeps us coming back year after year? Quiet area, un-obstructed nature, peaceful exsistence, and an absolutely stunning and elegant gem of a golf course.
The whole area never changes much but that is what makes it so great. The course quality is amazingly consistent every year and the artisan community is kind and welcoming. At night it is so silent that you get to experience what quiet sleep really is.

What else can be done outside of the course? An afternoon trip to the secluded and often non-busy beach is perfect. A day trip across the worlds longest free ferry in Kootenay Bay allows you time to explore the selkirk mountain range, the laid-back unique town of Nelson, or the famous Ainsworth Hot Springs. Explore the Artisan Shops along the sleepy highway.

The commerical development of the area has grown but stayed true to maintaining the secluded tranquil feel that makes it so appealing to many.
Almost everyone I know who golfs has been to Kokanee Springs Golf Resort, yet every time you go, you truly feel like you are playing on a hidden gem.
How many places can maintain this quality?

Take the time, do the drive, go to Crawford Bay, play and stay at Kokanee Springs Golf Resort. The experience will speak for itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountain range, or stay in one of the Big Bend Cottages for a secluded forest experience!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Powertrip1
Reviewed 19 September 2011

For golfing enthusiast! - Every shot on every hole has to a quality one. No room for error at Kokanee! I've been coming to Kokanee since 1972 and every time I play here, I learn something new about the course. Whether its a week end with the boys or with other couples enjoying the golf school, I can't wait to hit the first tee and what a view it is! Wakes you right up! The resort is first class, well maintained with top of the line houskeeping, the clubhouse staff are courteous, friendly and the food (selction and quality) first class. Wildlife abounds and if you have a sandwich in your cart, protect it on the 11th hole - otherwise while you are putting, a couple of crows will swoop down and take it away!
Look forward to returning to my favorite golf course next year!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Always a great time! This is an annual trip using the Kokanee 2-4 package. Super deal with great staff, accomodations, food and not to mention the golf is excellent. Really enjoy the hot tub after going 36. Looking forward to next year, especially seeing all the new additions and changes that are happening. Thanks for another fantastic time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I come to Kokanee Springs every year for the May long weekend on a guys golf trip. I enjoy it so much that my wife and I try to also plan a weekend trip in the summer. This year the course was in amazing shape for both trips. From the time we checked in to the end of out trip all the staff was amazing. Our complements to the cleaning staff, our room was always clean and well stocked. The new menu in the restaurant was good to see and was fun to try new dishes and the food and service is still the best. This is a fantastic getaway for anyone. I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I booked for 8 of us to their special deal of stay and play at the end of August 2011. I made the reservation over the phone and the lady that booked our rooms was very helpful, she put all of us on the ground level with the 4 rooms in a row, so we can enjoy our company after golf. The rooms are all clean and spacious.
Kokanee Springs Golf course is very challenging and fun to play. The fairways and greens condition are great.
Besides golfing, Crawford Bay has a free ferry to Balfour, and we took advantage of this ferry to visit Nelson and Kaslo. The ferry ride was scenic and we all love Kootenay Lake.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends