“Under New Management ( must be a JOKE )”

Clearwater Country Inn, Restaurant, and RV Park
Reviewed 9 August 2012

very disappointing , there rooms look clean, but as you venture further into the room, its clearly just a dirty room, i don't think they change the covers or maybe there not washed correctly the beds I'm convinced have bed bugs, - after the first night i requested to be moved, and again the quality of the room, was no different, out the back of the motel, looks like a RV park, but has Workers living there, and smoking weed, and the smell was not very nice. and the bad language being heard from the walls in my motel, there seems as there is no quite time.
I think things like hair in the bath, half rolls in the bathroom, and dirty sheets are just shameful.
oh and on top of this the people on the front desk seem to have little manners, unless its because i couldn't understand them,

Room Tip: after the first 2 nights i moved out and stayed further towards dutch lake don't remember the na...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig s

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Recently stopped at this motel on our travells from Holland, we were here 5 years prior was ok then but now has great front desk staff, clean rooms new Flat screen TV upgrades. The RV park has also been very well maintained as we took our evening walks around. Clean bathrooms and showers in campground. Did not get to use the outdoor pool as it was early in season but next trip we will be sure to try it will definately stay again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George S
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here for one night to break up a long journey and were not disappointed. Our room was on the second floor and was clean and functional with a tiny kitchen attached. The beds were comfortable and the satellite TV was a nice touch. Our room opened onto a large patio area which was nice to sit and relax. There was almost no traffic noise because the building is a few hundred yards back from the highway.
What made this location special to us were the beautiful garden and floral displays and the delightful hostess/owner. It was a pleasure to chat with her and to see the fruits of her passion for gardening.
I have no hesitation in recommending this inn but can not comment on the RV sites since we didn't use them. The adjacent restaurant provided us with a good hearty breakfast in the morning, the food was of good quality and the waitress was cheery and friendly.

All in all, our brief stay at the Clearwater Inn was a good one in all aspects and I can't see why other reviewers had less than ideal experiences here. We do this road trip twice every year and this will be our first choice in Clearwater from now on.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank oom-papa
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My family and I recently traveled to Clearwater to see Wells Gray Park, look at local real estate, and see some distant relatives.

We searched the internet before we left home, and based on that research we selected the Country Inn. We even called first to inquire about rates and availability.

Our experience......Value is a relative thing, but when we paid $110 a night for room with a 10 inch hair as thick as a horse hair rolled up in the bath mat and a dirty tampon in the garbage can, it makes me mad. I love my Province and reside in a high profile tourist community. When I experience this kind of service I shudder at what tourists must think of my Province. On arrival, the bumbling clerk told me the room was open and didn't give me a key, confused and tired I went up to the room to find it locked.When my wife went down to ask for the key the clerk couldn't understand what she wanted, and we all speak English as a first language. To add to the experience, the toilet seat was broken and hanging on by one screw, the bar fridge could not be plugged into the adjacent wall socket(it was unplugged and warm) if the air conditioner was also plugged in, and the satellite TV was ridiculously complicated to activate. The beds were lumpy and pillows were very old. In the morning we discovered there was only one styrofoam coffee cup, and the office was closed until after our 9:30 departure.On a positive not, they had a pool and it seemed clean, Accommodations at Clearwater Country Inn were absolutely SHAMEFUL. If there is no vacancy in town, I still recommend either backtracking the way you came or driving on to the next town. I also spoke with locals and the Blue Loon restaurant out front has a very poor reputation.ABSOLUTE TOURIST TRAP.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BCTraveler21
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We didn't even get a chance to stay in this hotel! I had made reservations with the owner a week prior to our stay and she assured me that she had a great room that would accommodate 3 adults and 3 children which was great. When we arrived, the owner seemed confused to see us, then realized who we were and proceeded to inform us that the room was not available. The people who were in it had decided to stay an extra few days and the owner absolutely refused to help us out. In other situations like this, the owner usually will accommodate the guests with another room (or 2 rooms) for the reservation price, but this owner thought that suggestion was ludicrous and actually gave me attitude about it. She did find us 2 rooms in another hotel but we still ended up having to pay double the price we had budgeted for. The kids were really upset because they had been anticipating swimming in the pool at the Country Inn (after a very long drive) and the new hotel didn't have a pool.

If you're stopping by on your way, I'm sure it's a decent hotel but don't bother counting on the reservation you made. I was shocked by her lack of willingness to accommodate us.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rtrottier
Reviewed 12 July 2010

89 dollars a night got us a room there. No fridge and no stove and after reviewing the bill when we got home and comparing it to other 89 dollar motels we went to I realized the math was done wrong and we were overcharged ten dollars. The restaurant in front of the motel had great burgers and nice wooden sculptures [not affiliated with the motel]. The walls of the room were brick and offered no silence between rooms and even on low volume voices and tv could be heard loud and clear outside rooms. Other then that we found the room decent and the price was right. We'd stay again. It had a way better mattress then other 80 dollar motels we stayed at this trip. I actually want to get one just like it now.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Compared to motels in other small towns of BC that we have stayed in this one was very nice. We booked a second floor kitchen suite which was simple but very spacious with beds in 2 different rooms and had a kitchen and small bathroom . The windows looked onto the forested campground in the back and was quiet. The road noise wasn't too bad because the motel is set back from the highway about 100m or so. Our room was on the second floor and there was an outdoor patio directly across from the room. The furniture out there was a bit old and broken but it was nice to have nevertheless. There was also a pool. The room was very clean and had a selection of satellite channels. There is a restaurant connected with the motel but the food was sub par, except for breakfast which was the typical roadhouse stuff. I wouldn't eat dinner there again. Be sure to try the Flower Meadows Cafe just a short distance up the road to Wells Gray Provincial Park for a fantastic menu/ coffee and outdoor cafe dining. The park itself was one of the most exciting parks I've been to since Grand Canyon. Waterfalls!!!!!

3  Thank natureniche