“5-day-tour : Best we've ever done!”

Interior Whitewater Expeditions - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$95.24*
and up
Ready-Set-Go Rafting Trip on the Clearwater River
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: With 30 years experience whitewater rafting on some of the most powerful and pristine rivers in the British Columbia Interior, IWE is able to provide unmatched multisport excursions to people of all ages and from all walks of life. Personal attention, smaller groups and knowledgeable, capable staff who exceed provincial safety guidelines are reasons IWE has set itself apart in the river rafting industry in Canada. Of course there’s the trips, too and they’re unparalleled. IWE has developed a group of adventure experiences that will excite and challenge you. But you don’t have to be an adrenalin-charged extremist to enjoy the ride. Our whitewater journeys are designed for all levels - from the river rookies to the seasoned rafters - and safety guidelines are stressed and demonstrated before every trip leaves IWE headquarters.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This trip was full of variety! Two days of canoeing, one of hiking and two more of fun with watersports (kaiak, swimming the rapids, rafting, cliff jumping). In between we saw spectacular waterfalls, went fishing, saw a bear eating at the lakeside and had wonderful and funny hours at the campfire. The catering was like in a 5*hotel, unbelievable. Our guides were fantastic and excellent in everything they did (cooking the best!). We had the feeling of being part of the IWE-family. Thanks so much for the personal attention and exciting conversation in addition to the thrilling adventure. We will come back.

1  Thank Astrid P
"a lot of fun"
in 11 reviews
"usb stick"
in 3 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"big rapids"
"steak"
"wet suits"
in 6 reviews
"amazing staff"

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent guides who led us through a wonderful adventure. This is a trip to experience the beauty of the lake, forests, river, and waterfalls. It will challenge you physically at times, but not beyond abilities. Highlights include the waterfalls that you can walk through and around, excellent fishing on the Mahood lake, and a fantastic hike through a magical forest. There is cliff jumping, not for the feint of heart, rapids ranging from class 2 to 4, beautiful campfires and great food throughout. Having been on four prior river trips in the NW USA, this trip was superior in terms of the quality of the equipment (tents, sleeping bags), the guides, and the variety of scenery and activities. It is, however, more intense. You cannot choose to float on the back of the boat while the guide paddles you down river. You have to participate. Doug and his crew (special thanks to Tyler and Kade) were outstanding.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

it was a hot day in the 30's but did not feel like it running down the river. Well worth the day to do this. Enjoyable and fun.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

First I'd like to say I'm not rating the company, but I'm rating the trip we chose.
I had trouble deciding between 2 different rafting trips (on different rivers) and chose the 4 hour trip on the Clearwater River with IWE. Had I known there was going to be a 30 minute hike (as part of the so-called 4 hour trip) I would have made a different choice. Hiking with wet suits, helmets and life jackets through a muggy, mosquito-infested forest is not my idea of river rafting fun.The website mentions that the 4 hour trip had a hike to a waterfall, which might have been more tolerable, but that was not the case. It was a hike through the forest so you can bypass and look at class 5 rapids. Plus it was quite disruptive of the trip to be on the water for a short time, take out the boat, hike, then get back in the boat. The guides should have told people about the hike (which included climbing up and down a ladder on some rocks) beforehand. Since they didn't, my niece left her eyeglasses on the bus. So basically she couldn't see on the hike and fell several times. Lastly, there are very few rapids on this trip, I'd say of the hour and a half you are on the water there are fun rapids for about 15 minutes of that time. I wish I had chosen the other trip on a different river. I've been on lots of river rafting expeditions and this one by far is the one I'd recommend the least.

4  Thank uwhuskiesgirl