“GEOTRAC”
Review of Lakeview Motel

Lakeview Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Christina Lake
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We went to southern BC. to the Kootenays, to have a look around at the country!. We found this Motel as we drove threw Christina Lake, it looked very neat and tidy from the road, so we stopped and checked it out. After having an look we decided on a kitchenette rm., that was clean and reasonably priced !, as we were going to stay for a couple of days. There is plenty of local shops that offer local fresh vegetables and a butcher shop as well!, the owners Connie and Harvey, are very inviting and comfortable to be around, showed there hospitality by showing us the BBQ area complete with fire place and covered roof with lighting. between kitchenette and BBQ, we had a beautiful fresh meal all the time we were there. Also Connie and Harvey are knowledgeable of the area!, so we took in some cycling and hiking at there recommendations on the Trans Canada Trail !. We loved the whole experience !, would recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We spent three days in Christina Lake and had a great stay at the Lakeview Motel. The rooms were clean, the beds comfy and the hosts excellent. They welcomed our dog and showed us some great hiking and biking trails.
Fantastic value for your money

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Being mere meters from the Trans Canada Trail, this was the ideal place for me. The staff was charming and helpful. They were knowledgeable of the area, my favorite being Cascade Falls. The rooms were clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. I had a great sleep and would come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I decided to take a few days to myself. I left home at 6am and drove south, not wanting to travel at night, I pulled into the Lakeview Motel. I was received with a very warm welcome and ended up staying 3 nights. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with the convenience of a small fridge and coffee pot, I made myself right at home. It was quiet and very peaceful, just what I needed. Went for a walk through the paths by the lake, which quite surprisingly was not froze over, a dog was even swimming. Stopped at the tourist centre, there again met some very friendly and accommodating people and left with an eagle art print. I would highly recommend this Motel. It was very affordable and the owners, Harv & Connie, were awesome. Looking forward to riding there this summer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stopped here on the way to the coast in the dead of winter. I loved the charming setting of this hotel. It is across from the lake and steps from a river too. I had a very warm welcome. I had a great sleep the beds are very comfortable. I can't wait to return in another season.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

WE stayed for one inght at the Lakeview on our way from the MOuntains to the Coast. Price was very reasonable and the rooms wer clean and comfortable.
The Motel is just steps away from a nice Ice Cream Place and Lisa's lakeside Bistro which is a good place for a meal. Stay clear of the Pub up the road though.
It's also very convinient if you want to do some biking on the KVR Trail as the Cascade canyon section basically runs right behind the hotel.

Room Tip: AS far from the Highway as possible is probably a good bet!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hewie23
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I had been driving all day and decided to make a random overnight stop in Christina Lake. The Hostess was very hospitable and the price was very reasonable. We had a very quiet, comfortable night. Free Wi-Fi. The owners have obviously put a lot of effort in to renovations and the grounds were immaculate, complete with an impressive outdoor covered barbeque/gazebo area. I later discovered that the Motel was built in 1963 and in consideration the owners are to be complimented on their refurbishment. These people deserve your support.
In the morning, our hostess recommended we breakfast at either of the the two close-by eateries. We ate at Lisa's Lakeside Bistro, at the new Christina Lake Welcome Centre and enjoyed every morsel; also worthy of your patronage!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 14 in Grand Forks
Totem Motel & Resort
Totem Motel & Resort
#5 of 6 in Christina Lake

Been to Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!