“Clean facilities, very close to the lake” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Totem Motel & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Christina Lake
Totem Motel & Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Christina Lake
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean facilities, very close to the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Totem Campground has clean washrooms, $0.25 hot showers and pretty fast Wi-Fi. Washrooms and showers are older, but very clean. The park has tall coniferous trees. The spots are spaced in an interesting fashion, so that despite being close to each other, you get as much privacy as possible. We were allowed to stay for 1 hour past the check-out time, because it wasn't very busy.

Christina Lake is just a minute walk down from the park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This February I was searching for a nice camping location for my family and another family. I had contact Totem to see if there was availability for 2 sites beside eachother that also had hookups. I was told that they did. I booked these for 8 nights starting July 26. I paid the deposit for both sites and was mailed a copy of the confirmation signed by Terri Lyn. Today I received a phone call from her saying that her daughter over booked and that they cannot honor the reservation. This is terrible and unacceptable customer service. Surely they had realized the number of bookings back in February. My confirmation even had site numbers on it (#19 & 20). This puts 2 families in quite the bind to find other full hookup accommodation with a pool that is walking distance to the beach. Terri Lyn said she had called another campground that has space but it isn't walking distance to the beach. I am just so shocked and disappointed. I checked their Facebook site and I believe that the owners have decided to take seasonal bookings (those that wish to stay the summer) and dump any existing bookings. When I expressed my displeasure the response from Terri Lyn was that at least she contacted me now instead of turning us away when we arrived. That sure would have been terrible! I will now try to find other suitable places that will hopefully honor their reservations.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank westcoastgirrl
RodG601, Owner at Totem Motel & Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Unfortunately we needed to cancel this reservation because we were overbooked. I was away and my employee took some bookings and neglected to write them on the master booking sheet. I needed to cancel right away so that the customer would have time to find something else. I even found the customer something else before I phoned to cancel. I apologized profusely, I found another place for them and offered them a three day free stay at another time here at Totem. Although we do have yearly RV sites, it is not our policy to cancel other people to allow for yearly spots. In the 33 years we have owned this business, this is the first time we've had a problem with double booking and I am happy that I found it in time to allow for this family to find something else. Once again, this was a mistake and I apologize and we did our best to remedy the problem. I completely understand the frustration and disappointment that this family must have felt but it was a situation where my only option was to cancel someone and I had to honor the people who had booked first. Hopefully this family will take us up on our offer for the free stay as I'm sure they will enjoy their stay here at Totem.

Travellers are raving about these Christina Lake hotels

Spruce Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great place to stay for families! We had our family reunion at this resort and there were many options for accommodation with fully furnished suites, fully set up trailer rentals, and camping including tents and RV sites. The location is just one block to the beach and the pool which is on the property was most loved by the kids. There is a grassy field to enjoy for family games, fire pit and BBQ's where people can meet together for events. It is very peaceful and relaxing which enhances your summer fun in the sun. I would highly recommend this Totem Motel & Resort and we look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: There are two suites that are poolside and two suites have large decks. All suites have gas BBQ...
1 Thank Christena I
Kaleden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This place is within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, pub, grocery store, liquor store / agencies, and bakery. Small beach nearby and main beaches within 5 minute drive. 12 mile warm lake to swim, boat, fish snorkel, water ski, or just enjoy the sun and beautiful scenery. If you don't want to tent , rent a suite or one of many trailers available.

1 Thank JoseKaleden
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

For the price and location, this is a great place to stay at the warmest lake in Canada. The fact that they have the only pool in the area is also a bonus for the kids. We walked everywhere including the beach. We have brought our motorhome there to "camp" and also stayed in the suites. Very hospitable and they include BBQs for our use. Many of our friends have been introduced to the campground and shared they enjoyed their stay. Instead of staying in Grand Forks, we highly recommend this resort.

Karen Y

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen Y
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great location close to the beach and nice areas to walk. Kids loved it, especially the pool! Owners were very welcoming and friendly but extremely busy! We stayed in a suite that had everything we needed which was nice because we didn't bring all the little extras (i.e. cork screw!) also equipped with a bbq and a gazebo to shade from the sun. Camping would have been fun because they have fire pits and the kids were wanting to do smores, maybe next trip. Cute place that is not a huge, busy campground and nice and quiet at night. Overall we had a great time and look forward to going back!

2 Thank Henry B
surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hi, we took the family to Cristina Lake three years in a row and this last visit stayed at Totem. There was so many good things about this place, and just a few bad. First the good, the pool was a huge feature for everybody, if they built some slides or more kid stuff this place would thrive. The management was lacking and it showed but over all we are going back. The bathrooms needed to be cleaned but were perfect for our needs. The resort over all was so nice and close to all the action with out being in the main stream of it all. If management could step it up, we would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 15 in Grand Forks
Christina Lake Village
Christina Lake Village
#6 of 6 in Christina Lake

Been to Totem Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!