“Great Wrap but Unfriendly for Vegetarians”
Review of Kool Treat

Kool Treat
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Christina Lake
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Canadian, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Wrap but Unfriendly for Vegetarians”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped on the way through. We could tell this was a favourite spot for local vacationers. My friend ordered a burger and shake and enjoyed them thoroughly. They had a veggie burger, but I just wanted a wrap. They had a BLT wrap, and I wanted to order it with just the LT. They wouldn't discount this even a buck, though I was ordering without the most expensive part-the bacon. As such, I'd say the place is a bit unfriendly to vegetarians. I've only been not eating meat for a year, and I've found it very rare for a place to not discount a bit when you're leaving the meat off any menu item. The wrap was good. I'd stop for ice cream or soda, but probably go on to find friendlier skies for lunch.

• Visited July 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Best burger in the area!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

When you are willing to wait the 5.5 hour drive to the cottage so that you can have a cheese burger it is awesome!

Not to big not to small and great enough that no sharing allowed!

Fries also great, battered and crispy.

Not the cheapest meal in town but worth every last bite!

Toronto
“Great Spot to Grab a Quick Bite”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Upon arriving at the Lake to stay at a friends Cottage we had to come to Kool Treat for a quick bite to eat. It's a local favorite and I can see why.
Quick, friendly good food.
Had a Cheeseburger and Fries, Onion rings all very good. Place was very clean.
Staff was very friendly and would recommend that you make a visit when in Christina Lake.

• Visited September 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to stop for food and ice cream!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've stopped at this place a few times. Driving through Boundary Country and vacationing in Christina Lake. The food is very good with lots of signature meals. It's also very quick service, but it's not "fast food." Also, there are so many different flavors of ice cream it'll make your head spin. Service has always been good, fast and always pleasant. I did notice that it's up for sale, so to the person that buys it. Please don't change everything thinking that you will be making it better. Leave it as Kool Treat.

• Visited August 2013
Freshwater, United Kingdom
“If you really are in need of a burger....”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had the KT burger with cheese which was very good. Bun was fresh, burger was tasty. Husband had the California burger and said it was awful. Chicken didn't taste good and the guacamole was horrible. Onion rings were blah but the fries and chicken strips were good. The milkshakes are a total disappointment. You'd think with all the flavors of ice cream you could get any kind of milkshake. No, the only offer a few flavors because it's just soft serve vanilla ice cream blended with flavored syrup. Seriously. We drank them - it was hot and we were thirsty. I wouldn't make a point of stopping here.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank KristaBratton
Kooltreat, Owner at Kool Treat, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate all reviews and rely on the information to help us best serve our customers.

I just have one correction I must point out in your review, we do NOT use our soft ice cream for our milkshakes. We use a special milkshake mix for all our shakes. This product makes a superior milkshake than one using only soft ice cream. With respect to using syrups for flavouring, all milkshakes whether made with hard icecream or milkshake mix require flavoured syrups. We choose to use the mix made solely for milkshake preparation as opposed to using hard ice cream as we simply far too busy throughout the day, making on aveerage over 200 shakes per day, to use the hard ice cream preparation. Most people love our shakes and make a point of complimenting us on them - we're sorry you didn't enjoy them.