“Above & Beyond Customer Service”
Review of Ramada Yorkton

Ramada Yorkton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Wanted to thank Collin for his extraordinary service today, as my business screwed up my reservation, (again) he calmly and quickly fixed my problem and got me my room. I have stayed in yorkton for 2 out of the last 3 months with no problems whatsoever. The staff was informative on different restaurant/stores in the area that would be to our liking. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other people coming to the area. We had others from our group stay at different hotels in the area with mixed results.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Pretty much what you expect for small town Saskatchewan. Older hotel rooms, comfortable and clean with flat screen tv's, strangest bathroom setup I have seen (small) but does the trick. Workout area is tight but the treadmill does what you need with a tv. My only complaint is it would be nice if the rooms had a small fridge to use, but other than that if I had to go back I would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2012
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your responce regarding your stay with us at the Ramada. Unfortunatly there is not enough fridge for every room however they are available upon check in.

We hope to see you again at Ramada Yorkton.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed March 25 2012,
Front end staff were indifferent during checking to the point of rudeness, spent 5 minutes talking to someone on the phone without even acknowledging my presence, then immediately served a couple of walkins who wanted keys to pool who arrived long after I was waiting. Had to take a smoking room because I had a dog. I've stayed in a lot of smoking rooms before but this room smelled disgusting, I spent there hours with the window open to try and make the smell tolerable. Air conditioner/heater made loud banging noises about every 30 minutes whether it was on or not. We took our luggage back to the car in hopes the smell would not penetrate everything we own. Cannot get out of this hotel early enough in the
morning. Don't trust the Ramada name like we did, just drive by this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank N0rthernwanderer
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The hotel lobby was clean and bright, and the woman who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet, and the breakfast was surprisingly good (lots of hot food). Would certainly stay there again if I was back in Yorkton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We received a gift certificate for the bridal suite after not being able to use it due to it being booked three times we decided to change it for a king suite and go on New Years eve. Big mistake. The room was dated and smelled of chlorine, the tv was fuzzy and the air conditioner had a sign on it because it didn't work properly. The dude behind the counter when we arrived wanted to know why we were given the certificate (non of his business) and then proceeded to tell us about the manager whose name was on our certificate had been fired for stealing money from the hotel and almost insinuated that our certificate may not have been legit. I don't know who was manager at that time and frankly I don't care. I go for a night away from my own troubles don't need to hear yours. The icing on the cake was no continental breakfast because it was New Years. Apparently no one needs to eat on New Years at a full service hotel. We went to McDonalds for breakfast, they don't worry about paying their staff stat pay. Will I ever stay in this dump again NO, will I recommend it to you or anyone else? NO! Save your money. Sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Don't be by the pool, very musty and humid
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauline c
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Poor service for the price! Rooms are old, in poor condition and my sheets had cigarette holes in them. The staff were slow and rude and failed to respond to simple requests, like can you please stop the 10 kids from running down the halls at midnight. Only plus is the location

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jkhhh
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

I apologize to you for thebad experiance. We have replaced all sheets and bedspreads recently and inspected all sheets in our hotel. I personally didnt see any burn holes. We have 1 person on shift from 11 to 7 am and since this incident I have spoken to our night auditor and gave him clear instructions on how to deal with unruley guests. I apologize if anyone was rude as we do not tolerate this in any way.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I'm very disappointed with the Ramada in Yorkton. We stay here often because of an elderly parent. This time we booked a room with one queen bed. There was no bar fridge in the room. There were hot wires from the computer connections under the desk, I thought the router wasn't connected...and reached down to separate some of the wires and got a shock. The bathrooms at the Ramada are very small and now that they put in the curved shower rods the door doesn't open very wide, the exhaust fan in the bathroom is useless it doesn't do anything to remove humidity yet it looks like a new appliance. The Ramada offers a continental breakfast but there were no hot items on Monday because it was a holiday here in Canada and on Tuesday the cook forgot to show up for work. The continental breakfast consists of bread, dry cereal, pastry on occasion, yogurt and two hot items if your lucky enough to get down there when they're in the warmer, the scrambled eggs are rubbery and the bacon very greasy...so disappointing for a hotel that used to serve a wonderful breakfast even if it was off a menu. I would rather pay less for a room and get a better breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family