“Some good, some bad, equals average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Yorkton

Ramada Yorkton
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Toronto
“Some good, some bad, equals average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I rate this hotel highly on the "necessities" of a night's stay. The beds were very comfortable, there was a good selection of pillows and the water pressure in the shower was perfect.

Its the "intangibles" that caused me to rank this hotel just average. Interior rooms face the indoor swimming pool-so you get zero view and kids yelling outside your room at 9am. On a further note, the water color in pool/hottub was a murky shade of yellow/green. Apparently this passes the local health code, but you couldn't pay me to go in the water.

Its the layout of the room that is disappointing. It seems the sink in the bathroom is an afterthought--its stuck in the corner next to the toilet and the counter is lower than usual, causing anyone of adult size to bend uncomfortably. The door leading into the hallway leaks light and sound.

Still, I'm not trying to be overly negative, in the end I actually slept well.

Room Tip: Interior rooms face the pool, so no view and kids playing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Regina, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The waterslide, pool, sauna and hot tub were excellent for our family. Free breakfast and wifi, too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Saskatchewan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Pros: room was clean, the carpet looked new, hotel was mostly quiet (although I stayed during the week), great price & the room had a fridge with freezer, and microwave
Cons: the breakfast really wasn't that good, most of the staff I dealt with were rude, the fitness room is disgustingly dirty and most of the equipment in there does not work, also does not have an elevator which is not fun to drag a heavy suitcase up and down, but I managed. The wifi wasn't great and it kept cutting out on me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel, I have traveled all over Canada and have stayed at many Ramada Hotels In this Ramada in Yorkton I would recommend to anyone. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Ramada Hotel that was as disgusting as this
The pool was a total disgrace and filthy. The whole weekend we stayed the pool was not maintained once the bottom of the pool was all full of slime you would at least think with many children swimming that they would at least maintained the pool god knows what kind or how much bacteria was in the pool.
The restaurant was also terrible I wouldn't take my dog there to eat and the person managing the restaurant was totally rude and very unprofessional.
The front desk staff were also very rude and unprofessional.
The three days we stayed there our room was not cleaned it was dirty.
In my travels all over Canada and staying at this Ramada in Yorkton Sask. was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. and I really feel that the Ramada Canada should take their name off this hotel as I said I traveled all over Canada and have stayed at many Ramada Hotels and never ever stayed anything as disgusting as this.
This Ramada Hotel in Yorkton Sask. is truly destroying the good name Ramada has or should I say had.
I will make sure Ramada Canada also gets to read this
Just a quick note in which I would like to respond to the manager of this Ramada in Yorkton Sask. as he states it might have been a busy weekend and that he takes pride in the pool at their hotel. My response is that NO it was not busy that weekend and in regards to having pride in his pool all I can say is it is nothing to be proud of and I do not know to many people that would take pride in something that is total filth and disgusting.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family