“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
Saskatoon, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had to work in Yorkton for a long length of time and I chose this hotel not only because it was new, but because it offered rooms with a kitchenette and free hot breakfast. After a few days of staying there I knew I would return again and again.

I don't ask for a lot. I was looking for somewhere clean and quiet. I am a fan of good customer service. I definitely found it here.

After being there for a week, a few of the front desk staff that I see every day began greeting me by name. All staff always greet me with a smile and a hello/good morning. If I have a request (which is rare) they are on it right away.

I have found everything to be really clean, the hallways really quiet, the temperature control to be just to my liking, and the breakfast is pretty good. They have a small seating area off to the one side with a barbecue, which is really nice touch for those of us staying for more than a night or two and just don't like to be inside all the time.

I just love it. I am going to be sad when I no longer have to work in Yorkton and I won't get to stay there anymore. But you can bet if I am ever in Yorkton for anything else, that I will be staying here, and if I am in another city where this chain is located I will be trying there - I hope management/owners have been as lucky at finding awesome people at the other locations as they have found in Yorkton.

I would like to sincerely thank everyone that helps to make my stay such a fantastic one. You guys are doing a FANTASTIC job. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank llukye
Jesse T, Front Office Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed our facility, from our lovely genuine staff hospitality, to our complimentary amenities, and calm relaxing atmosphere. Here at the Home Inn & Suites Yorkton, we certainly like to get to know our guests, by addressing their name, and making them feel at home. I’m glad we executed our goal in making you feel comfortable, and in fulfilling all your requests. Our spacious rooms with kitchenettes provide the wonderful convenient option of being able to have a home cooked meal. It truly is a place to call home. We are very fortunate to have such an amazing team as well, which makes for a great work atmosphere. We are greatful to have exceeded your expectations, and appreciate your feedback and loyalty to the Home Hotels brand.

We welcome you to our newest sister property, Home Inn & Suites Regina Airport West for your upcoming reservations.

Warmest regards,

Kristoffer Oquias
Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had an extreme pleasure of staying at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. One example: We had company coming to visit and I asked if they had some extra chairs. Within 15 minutes the chairs were delivered to our room. We had a suite and the room was beautiful. Large, clean and the beds and linen were heavenly to sleep on. The breakfasts were great and it was so nice that I could take them up to our room because it made it so much easier for my mom who is in a wheelchair. I can not say enough nice things about this hotel and their staff. I had my hair done at the Spa by Terry and she is wonderful. We will definitely return next year and for many years to come.

Room Tip: The ac was great but there is a tip for hotels with this set up. If you tuck the curtain up onto the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jesse T, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel in Yorkton. It was a great pleasure reading your feedback and I am so grateful for your kind words about our hotel and team. Our company vision is to provide a stay experience that makes our guests feel at Home with us. It is so wonderful to hear that we have succeeded in this. Our d3h Dream linens are truly amazing and help provide a great nights rest. We work hard to ensure that we can assist our guests with anything that they may need. Whether its some extra chairs or helping bring breakfast back to the room. Terry is a truly talented individual. Her work is admired by our team and we are so lucky to have her be a very big part of our SPA team.

On behalf of all of our staff I would like to thank you for providing this feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt at home with us. I hope that we can be your hotel of choice while visiting Yorkton for many years to come.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel staff let us check in early, as we were in town for a wedding. Room was OUTSTANDING - totally unexpected in terms of cleanliness and modern decor. Bed was so comfortable. Bathrooms were exceptionally clean. Bathrobe was a nice touch. Air conditioning cooled the room very well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our new hotel in Yorkton. I am very happy to hear that our team was able to provide a "wonderful experience". We like to think that we are Yorkton's best kept secret in terms of a hotel and I am happy to hear we surprised you. Our beautiful décor and amenities exceed what is offered at any hotel in Yorkton. The air conditioning unit is very important on a hot summers day and I am pleased that it provided you a cool oasis.

We hope that you enjoyed the wedding and your time in Yorkton! Our team looks forward to welcoming you "Home" again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Yorkton. We had a wonderful time; the staff was very informative about Yorkton and surrounding areas. The breakfast was exceptional, lots of different choices, the waterslide and pool was so relaxing. The spa staff was excellent and very well educated about the services they offered. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud. Being beside the casino and the Gallagher Centre was very convenient. When we return to Yorkton, Home Inn & Suites will be our choice. Very clean rooms; It was like a dream come true. It definitely felt like we were at home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jesse T, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel in Yorkton. It was wonderful to hear the great things you had to say about our team and our property. Our team always try to do their best to provide exceptional service and put a smile on our Guests faces.

We value your business and hope to welcome you "Home" again soon! We invite you to try our other hotels in Regina & Swift Current.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here a few times, first couple times were great. However this experience was awful! My husband notices a bug on the one bed we slept on then we pulled back the sheets on the unused bed and it was infested with bed bugs! They were not very helpful when we complained but offered 50% off our room....big deal. My husband has pictures of these bugs on the bed and was with the housekeeping manager when they investigated the room and seen them himself

• Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Staceyandal
d3hHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Home & Inn Suites Yorkton takes the issue of bed bugs very seriously. For that reason we have a preventative program in place. We have hired a pest control company that comes in monthly to check a determined percentage of rooms. Along with that, all mattresses have bed bug protectors.

Once we heard about your findings we immediately had the room inspected, and we found no signs of bed bugs in the room. Upon hearing of your findings, we offered you 2 free nights (the rest of your stay) to apologize for the inconvenience.

I agree with the guest that it is everyone’s responsibility to check their rooms and I do encourage that everyone does so. After all, regardless of all our efforts to maintain a hotel bug free, a room is only as clean as the last person that walked into it. This is done unknowingly, I understand, but it is the only way a room can get infested. I encourage that all guests research the web for ways to minimize the potential of being a carrier from one site to another.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Similar to the Hilton chain. Very new and clean. Staff are great - repeated noise problem resolved immediately. Tip - try to stay on top floor to avoid noise. Stayed in Home Suite - lots of room. Keurig coffee, mini fridge, sink & micro. Lots of choices at breakfast. Located next to Casino.
Would definitely stay again if ever in Yorkton. Hotel had wi-fi, but connection wasn't terribly strong.

Room Tip: Try to stay on top floor - much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jesse T, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for spending some time reviewing our hotel. We appreciate hearing about your stay and it is a privilege to have had you as our guest. It is unfortunate to hear that there was some noise during your stay. I am happy to hear that when alerted our team was able to resolve the issue quickly. All rooms in the hotel come equipped with at minimum a mini fridge, microwave, Keurig Brewing System and of course our LG 42 inch flat screen TV's.

It is always an honour to be compared to the "Hilton" brand of hotels. Thank you again for the kind review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We invite you to stay with us again soon!

Home Inn & Suites-Yorkton
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Yorkton for a funeral. The entire hotel is brand new and very modern. The kids loved the waterslide and pool. The rooms were large, with plenty of space for all four of us including luggage. The beds were extremely comfortable with very soft sheets. The breakfast had a lot of choices and there was even someone baking muffins while we were there so you knew they were fresh. Lots of coffee choices. The manager and front desk staff were very accomodating to our family during our stay. When we checked out they even asked if we would care for some bottled water for the road. This was the most pleasant hotel stay we have had in a very long time (and we've been to Cuba and Disneyland this year alone, we've stayed in many different hotels). I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jesse T, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. First please allow me to express my condolences to you and your family. It was an absolute pleasure to read your comments about our hotel. It is always so nice to hear positive feedback about our service and hospitality. Our team works very hard to provide a great stay experience and I know they will be very pleased when reading your review.

Again, it was an absolute pleasure reading your review. Thank you again for taking the time to write the review. I invite you to stay with our sister hotels in Swift Current, Regina and our newest location opening soon near the Regina international airport. We hope to see you soon!

Home Inn & Suites-Yorkton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorkton
Holiday Inn Express Yorkton East
#4 of 9 in Yorkton
Sigma Inns and Suites
Sigma Inns and Suites
#1 of 3 in Melville

Been to Home Inn & Suites - Yorkton? Share your experiences!