“Winedown Villa”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duncans
Silver Sands Vacation Villas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had been to Silver Sands many times before, staying at Sand Dollar, Oh Boy, Tia Maria, Emerald By The Sea. We had came down with 40 guests staying at 6 different villa's for a friends 60th Birthday around Memorial Day.

Everything was great, from getting picked up at the airport and arriving at our villa's. Dassie and Olga did a great job of taking care of us, what can I say the food was great ! I had brought along a few friends who have never been to Jamaica before. Tanesha was great with everything she did for us, she really looked out for us.

The Villa was perfect except for not having screens in the windows, other than that I can't complain, that was something minor.

We will be down next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allen C
Premchad, Manager at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to leave this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit. We have passed on the comment about insect screens to the owners of Winedown. Most villas offered by Mysilversands do have screens on the bedroom windows and many have screens on all windows.

Dalsie, Olga and Tanesha are thrilled that you have singled them out for praise. All the staff at Mysilversands look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Silver Sands Vacation Villas

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at Quadrille in Silver Sands with 3 adult couples and one single. The house was spectacular; clean, cozy, big. Although we had a full house, we felt like we had privacy once in our own rooms. The bedrooms are set up so all the bedrooms/bathrooms are separated.
The staff are great, cook amazing food, keep the grounds looking spectacular. The pool is always in the sun! The walk down to the beach may be a struggle for some but it's really a great butt workout!
We spent the majority of our vacation around the house, snorkeling, swimming, drinking, playing games, and just enjoying the beaches in Silver Sands. I would recommend this area to people who want a beach vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I’ve been coming to Silver Sands for almost 20 years. In that time, I have stayed at several different homes…until I found Seagull Cottage. Now, we only stay at Seagull. Let me tell you why. The owner of the house is meticulous in how she takes care of the home. It feels like a real home at the beach, rather than a hotel or random vacation rental. Seagull is in a prime location in the Silver Sands property. The views from the front veranda are beautiful and sweeping, with a perfect sea breeze all day. The house is spacious and we love the updates we see every year, the turquoise tile in the renovated bathroom, the new local Jamaican art work on the walls, and the additions to the book collection, which are perfect beach reads. Now, the best parts of course, are the ladies who work there, Cheryl and Molly. They are generous, sweet and kind and wonderful with our two young daughters. They cook like a dream and we are picky with our food and have dietary restrictions. I also tend to visit for my birthday, and they never fails to make it feel extra special with their great cooking, and lovely birthday cake. There are other newer, bigger homes at Silver Sands, but I wouldn’t stay anywhere else now that I have found Seagull. If you are looking for a truly relaxing vacation, comfortable, welcoming beach cottage with amazing views – then you will love Seagull.

Room Tip: all the rooms and beds are cozy here. cant go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at Azure Cove from April 26th - May 3rd.

Travelled with Mom, 2 sisters, brother in law and 7 month old baby. We had a lovely trip and the house was amazing. Edda manages the house and is also the cook. She is there from 9-5pm and was flexible to come in later when we asked for a later dinner. An amazing woman very accomodating. Vinnescia is the house keeper and was also fantastic. The rooms were all well kept with comfortable beds except the room with 2 single beds. They were hard and uncomfortable. Pool was nice and well kept but fairly small. Jacuzzi was not working nor did we try to use it during our trip.

Tips:

- when booking the trip arrange to have a meal prepared upon your arrival.
- try not to get all your groceries from the Villa Mart on the resort. Arrange to have a taxi take you into Duncan with Edda and go shopping at Chengs grocery store. It is a lot cheaper and you can stock up on booze and food. Villa Mart can be over priced.
- Find John (Rasta looking man) and ask him to get you fresh fish.
- We tipped 10% of the overall cost of the house and split it between the 2 main staff. Not sure if that is enough or too much but it ended up being $130 each for a week.
- Try to bring cookies, chocolate, chips, desserts and snacks from duty free so you have something to munch on if you need a snack.
- Buy a case of beef patties so that when you get hungry you can heat one up. Edda only cooked breakfast and dinner which was perfect but we did get snacky on occassion
- Bring off. The Moquitoes get bad at dusk.
- Wifi works great
- Great selection of satelite TV
- There is not a lot of activities at night which was okay for us but not a huge party place.
- The water pressure is awful!

That's all I can think of for now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Samie_8
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nothing but good things to say! Our group of 10 were split 5 and 5 to the above cottages from April 2nd to April 13th and no one wanted to leave. Nadine and Sharron at Queens cottage went above and beyond for our 3rd trip with them. Daphne and Jillian at Sea Spray also went above and beyond to make their 5 newcomer guests to Jamaica comfortable and welcomed. The meals at both cottages were excellent traditional Jamaican meals and everyone in the group enjoyed as Daphne and Nadine can tell you by all the clean plates. A special thank you to Cedric for taking us out on our trips and sharing his history of the island with us. Thank you to the rest of the Silversands staff for the entertainment and hospitality at the Villa mart and Shane Hoos' Bar and Grill. We would all like to recommend Silversands to anyone that wants a place away from home to enjoy the sun, sand, sea and food with two of the BEST houses.

Room Tip: Queens Cottage and Sea Spray are the two closest to the Sea.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharpshooters
Premchad, Manager at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

All of us at Mysilversands, Queen's Cottage, Sea Spray, Villa Mart and Shane's Bar & Grill really appreciate your taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. The villa staff particularly appreciate your recognition of their culinary skills.

When you share your discovery of Silver Sands with your family and friends, you can be sure that we will shower them with our unique hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Fantastic! We were there for 10 days this time end of Feb. 2014 to March 9th. Our second trip to this cottage and we love it. Nadine is not a cook but an amazing chef and a highly intelligent and lovely lady. Sharon is also a special woman and they will take the BEST care of you. The cottage itself is as close as you can get to the water as I've ever seen with a beautiful deck, garden and palm trees. Queens Cottage is clean, very pretty and loaded with history and the views are exquisite. Just imagine lying on the beach and Nadine or Sharon just popping out of the cottage to come and tell you that a sit down feast of a breakfast is ready! You can't beat it. I encourage you to let Nadine choose your menu so you can try her incredible recipes, loaded with local fruits and vegetables. I am picky about food so when I say it's outstanding, I mean it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank vanessa l
Premchad, Manager at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thanks for letting the whole world know what a great property Queen's Cottage really is, and how Nadine and Sharon add to the Silver Sands vacation experience. Nadine has been getting rave reviews and when I told her this personally a few days ago, her smile could not have been brighter. All the Mysilversands Staff and villa staff really appreciate your taking the time to leave your feedback.

We hope you will make your third trip soon so we can give you our very special friendly welcome and ensure you have another fantastic vacation.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently enjoyed a pleasant visit to Braata Villa. The villa was spacious and clean with a lovely pool, deck, and gazebo. We spent much of our time enjoying the warm sun and shade poolside. Enid and Joan took good care of us. They made some delicious meals and made us feel comfortable and at home immediately. The vegetable soup they cooked one day was among the best Jamaican soups I've tasted.

This villa is not brand new and felt to me like it is a well-loved home. I especially liked the large inviting living room and dining area. The layout allows for easy access to rooms and outdoor areas. If I remember the floors correctly, this villa could work for less mobile travels. Easy movement from house to deck and pool. The yard had mature shrubs and trees that offered some privacy in the front.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this villa and would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ms.L
Premchad, Manager at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Ms. L, we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with mysilversands at Braata Villa. As a frequent visitor to Silver Sands Jamaica, praise from you is even more appreciated.

I am going to have to find a way to get a taste of some of that vegetable soup. I am sure the staff will be thrilled to read your review.

All of us at mysilversands look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncans
Jamaica Inn
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Royalton Blue Waters
Royalton Blue Waters
#1 of 5 in Falmouth

Been to Silver Sands Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!