“Queens cottage is True Paradise...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duncans
Silver Sands Vacation Villas
Seattle, Washington
“Queens cottage is True Paradise...”
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Our trip to silver sands, Queens cottage, was simply spectacular!

Being a recent college graduate this was my first time ever planning a vacation of my own, let alone for five of my other friends. I was nervous what to look for, what questions to ask and how to go about booking a place to stay for 6 college friends that would be the best for our budget. Mysilversands.com is the real deal. They made it so easy and comfortable for me to go ahead and book our vacation and with such reasonable costs!!

Queens cottage is the ultimate package. It is the ideal location being right on the beach and has an amazing deck overlooking the ocean. It is so close to the store and fun tiki bar next door. The house was so clean and put together that it made for such a comfortable stay. I can honestly say that other vacationers we met were quite jealous of our set up. But the best part is hands down the staff. Our cook Nadine was absolutely wonderful. She made our trip what it was. Her cooking was unbelievable and her hospitality is unlike any other. We will miss her so much! And our driver Miguel, we had all week to take us anywhere we wanted to go. We never had to worry about cabs or how we would get somewhere. He made our trip so special. It was like having our own personal tour guide.

The beach at silver sands is breathtaking. They keep is very clean and the ocean is perfect for anyone to swim in. We were blown away by the setting and entire atmosphere. we felt safe the entire trip and met some wonderful staff all week.

Our highlight was climbing Dunns river falls and the Bio-luminescence lagoon. But karaoke and the talent show at silver sands were right up there!! If your looking for nightlife margaritaville in Montego Bay is the place to be.

My only recomendation is bring BUG SPRAY! The sand flies and moscitos were a little annoying and our OFF ran out quickly. But other than that everything ran so smoothly.

If you are considering staying at silver sands... I would recommend it 150%! It was the absolute best vacation 6 college friends could ask for and at such a cheap price. The package altogether was a screaming deal and an unforgettable experince. Please feel free to contact me with any questions! Ashley.ahlgrim@vmmc.org I would love to put any concerns to rest and convince you that this is the best place to go when visiting Jamaica. I was hesitant when booking our trip for 6 but it turned out to be better than anything I could of asked for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank aahlgrim5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We have stayed in Silversands more that once (2005 and 2007) and in my opinion this is the most relaxing vacation spot ever.

The staff see to your every need and help to make your holiday most enjoyable. We first stayed at Tu Mac then at Saltash and both Constance and Elaine cooked the most wonderful meals each day. Some of our favourites were lobster in butter sauce, curried chicken, roast lamb just to name a few dishes. Fresh fruit started our day and many refreshing Red Stripes and Tings to quench the thirst.

The beaches are on the finest white sand and are not crowded at all as it is a private beach.

We made use of the transportation package in both stays and Mark was a great tour guide and host and made our trips most memorable.

We have booked a 3 week family vacation in 2010 at Beach Haven and will keep you posted on the outcome which we are expecting to be as good as previous trips.

Some sights to see nearby would Rose Hall Great House, Rafting on the Martha Brae, and dining at Glistening Waters with a famous boat ride after.

Would recommend Silversands Villas as a great place to stay!

Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank italtraveller
Burlington, WA
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Our group of 6 people, 3 dentists, one dental student, spouse and daughter, stayed at Tu Mac for 7 nights. We were in Jamaica on a volunteer dental trip staffing a clinic outside of Duncans. Constance and Cynthia were outstanding as our cook and housekeeper. Cynthia even arranged a local seamstress to alter some of my clinic attire. The food was excellent and the oven door problem has been solved with a new stove. The house is set up with mutipule beds and all have separate baths. We enjoyed snorkeling, shopping at Jacob's Landing and conversing with the local shop owners and fisherman. This is not your all inclusive (sheltered) resort experience. Everyone in the compound is friendly, hardworking and helpful. It was just the start of low season and very quiet. We will return to Tu Mac on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We rented Roots Cottage for the week. The staff was amazing, the food was wonderful. The view was too good to be true. It was such a laid back relaxing vacation, nice and peaceful. The beach was never croweded and everything happened on your own schedule. I don't think I could ever go back to a all inclusive resort. I loved Silver Sands so much I'm planning my wedding there next year.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chicolvr
BC
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This review is so difficult to write. We stayed at Silver Sands for two and a half weeks and we totally loved Silver Sands. The location is perfect, the beach is perfect, the Silver Sands Staff were great ... especially the lifeguards!

Our cottage was perfect for us as far as size and location. We wanted to be close to the beach with simple but comfortable accommodations. There is no TV, internet or radio at Sea Wyf and this was totally fine with us.

We started our vacation out with a cook/housekeeper named Ingrid. She was awesome. She was pleasant and always asked what we needed and generally aimed to make us comfortable. She took care of us for approximately a week. The main cook/housekeeper is Ms. Ivy. She would come and check in on us each day and would send us messages through Ingrid. She made us uncomfortable from the beginning.

When I booked this cottage, I was warned that Ms. Ivy is very protective and would want to check-up on us. That part of things was wonderful. It was nice to know that Ms. Ivy cared about our well being. What we didn't appreciate was being (1) scolded about leaving the air conditioning on (2) accused of breaking glasses and loosing cutlery (3) called off the beach to buy 3 eggs that were needed to bake a cake amongst other things. Ms. Ivy is a miserable woman. I'm not sure if she just didn't like us or what....but she made us feel very unwelcome and as if we were a problem to her. Every time we requested a meal, she seemed as though we were giving her a hassle.

The description for the accommodation says that the staff will work flexible hours. This was not true. When we asked for an early breakfast we were told that they work 9-5.

On one of our last days, Ms. Ivy even complained about the amount of laundry we had. She didn't want to do the laundry because the cottage owner was at Silver Sands and would complain about the electric bill (this was also why we were scolded about the air conditioner). She also said that the laundry was a problem because there weren't enough clips and because there was a lot of it, the owner would think that she hadn't kept up with our laundry.

I would recommend Silver Sands to anyone looking for a nice, safe, quiet, family-friendly location in Jamaica; however, be very careful about which cottage/villa you choose. Check the reviews to ensure that people were happy with the staffing!

I hate writing a bad review, but Ms. Ivy really could have ruined our vacation if we let her.

I hope that the owner addresses these issues!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank pinkisgood
dreamincottage, pr manager and booking agent at Silver Sands Vacation Villas, responded to this review, 1 May 2010
Kristen thank you for your rewiew however here are the facts
I m surprised you did not express any of these things to me when i met with you on the patio and asked you "so was everything alright " you said how you all,had enjoyed yourselves
Miss ingrid is awesome and has worked with us for a while Miss ivy is the lead and gives direction to the other staff
Miss Ivy met you on your arrival day and had dinner as you requested she left after 6 pm
I did warn you that Miss Ivy was very protective, im guessing that as you once lived in jamaica you did not need the extra care and attention.
Please realize that even if we the staff are not there we still care and worry if you are not back till very very very late, we do work very closely with the guards both at the gate where they record every car coming and going and the occupants, as well as with the roving security guards.
Many guests are guided by us ,and we are happy to do so and care doing it.
You were not scolded about leaving on the air conditioner, you were asked to turn it off while you were gone , we pay commercial electricity and water rates as we are a resort and therefor we do our best to conserve because yes it is very expensive and if we have to rast rates due to higher costs that you the consummer guest will have to pay higher rates ,i am positive no one wishes that .
In particular ,one day you asked the staff to turn on the ac unit , you left to come back during the night as you were off to Discovery bay, the unit was turned on (even though it takes 20 mins maximum to cool a 12 x 12 bed room the units are very efficient ) it seems you forgot something and came back very shortly after you left , was the unit on ? yes it was !
Again ,you were not even asked, Marcie was asked by Miss Ivy if there had been flatware and or glasses taken on one of your outings,
as there were some not accounted for, that did not show up in our daily inventory, if we have to repplace items missing from sets it becomes very difficult to match, we like to have compleat and matching items, if you loose things or remove things from a hotel they can and mostly do charge the guest for these non accounted for items, even a bottle of water,from say the Marriot hotel,it has happened to me
Eggs , you asked Miss Ivy to bake a birthday cake( for the lifeguards birthday and that you wished to take a piece of it to Discovery Bay for a little girl) @ 3 pm and you left for the beach
There was not 3 eggs in the villas to bake the cake,so Miss Ivy asked the life guard to ask you when you came out of the sea to purchase the eggs from the villa mart so she could bake the cake for you ( you were asked by the villa mart to open an account but you choose not to so where were we to get the eggs) before that you were asking Miss Ivy to purchase the food items and you would reimburse her she was doing that as a personal courtesy to you, previous to this
i instucted her not to do that any more, as it would take you and Marcie 3 to 4 days to pay her back , it really is not up to us and or her to supply. Did you have your caked baked ? yes you did! With iceing too !!
Miss Ivy is there to be our eyes and ears as well and does care, care very much about our guests and our properties
The very first day you arrived we did have to ask your son the refrain from climbing on the patio fruniture and gazebo, this would have
been the closest thing to scolding.
I recall on afternoon about 2.30 pm you told us there would be 7 people for dinner and you wanted 2 chickens ,rice and peas etc we were able to get one chicken for the villa mart( i don't believe you gave the money for that ) however you meal was prepaired for 7 and Miss Ivy left after 6 15 pm
I did tell you at the time of booking that if you wished different hours that it has to be scheduled with me befor hand>
I did also call twice during you stay to check in and you were delighted with everything
Several days we were asked to come in at 9 and fix breakfast, we did come in at 9 but were unable to meet you requests because sleepins were at times, till 1 pm, you are on holiday and yes sleep as much as you wish but please do ask for something and then blame us.
I recall one day when we knocked on the bed room doors, after 1 pm , there was no answer, we then went in and found no one there and the air conditioners going full blast , we did turn them off ,then proceeded to do the daily clean up bathroom clean up and makeing up of the beds etc etc .
As far as the ratings
Value >>>>Sea Wyf the lowest price house on the entire complex
Rooms >>>> i do not know what you mean by this
Location >>> there is one house closer to the beach,however you selected Sea Wyf the other Vill is quite a bit more expensive
Cleanliness>>> were you able to read the guest book , there are nothing but remarks on how clean ,both our villas are and guests rave about that constantly , if the villa is dirtied up between one days cleaning to the next days cleaning perhaps there was an lack of people wipeing their feet at the front door and tracking in sand and dirt
Service >>> i assume you mean you did not like the servvice from Miss Ivy , again did you read the guest book , constantly raves about here outstanding service ,always above the call of duty as a matter of fact Miss Ivy left after 5.30 most days as late as 7.15 pm one evening
Sleep quality >>> i don't understand this either ,if you cannot sleep at night this cannot be labled as our fault
I was at silver sands the day of the laundry,
there were 2 large black garbage bags of clothes as well as other items that were not in the bags, we had done laundry already that day ,towels and sheets from 4 beds and all was on the clothes lines i say lines beacuse we use each others clother lines when there is a lot , i did tell you that we do light laundry We did all the laundry you asked for plus this 7 loads for the bags, may i ask were the bruoght back from Discover Bay ?
After many hours of phone calls to the staff i have done my research, you have left me no other choice but to defend myself
I do however find it interesting that the comments in the guest book from Marcie and ou other friend for Florida were very positive
I wish you all the happiness in your future travels where ever they may take you .
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We stayed in the Blue Moon and it was great! 4 children (12, 12, 8, and 5 [ages] ) and the dorm room was perfect. It was just a short walk from the beautiful sandy beach. There was a golf cart available for our use but unfortunatley was not running. The 3 cooks were absoutley fabulous. You just tell them what to cook for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and they will serve it at any given time. The private pool and sea view was amazing and relaxing and fun at the same time. The rooftop sun terrace was great for sun tanning. At night, there were many different activities available from crab racing, and karaoke night. In conclusion, Blue Moon at Silver Sands was an absoloute amazing, relaxing and unforgetable experience, and will recomend this vacation to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010
montreal
Reviewed 6 February 2010

We have stayed at the seashell coattage from jan 23 to 30th, just a great verandah to stare at the sea, we were there all the time.
Very close to the beach
Had great food from our housekeeper sylvan !!
Great value, but there is no pool at this house but with the sea so close you don't need it !!
We will reteun to silver sands for sure !!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncans
Jamaica Inn
Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Half Moon
Half Moon
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Silver Sands Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!