Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Kima(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
6,063 results
All reviewsdiamond roompier dinnerblue holejade samuraicoral cafemountain viewentertainment staffpizza ovenocho riosjerk chickenwrapspizza placethe grillitalian restaurantpiano barnature walkour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

August at The Jewel Dunn's River Resort and Spa is what makes Jamaica a Special Place. On arrival we were greeted as a family member coming home. Our accommodations were a dream come true. While the Resort was awesome, it is the PEOPLE that brings it to life. Our interface with the Management and Staff made us feel really HOME. Entertainment was second to none, the Restaurants reminded us why Jamaica is such a great place to visit - food would satisfy any palate, the staffs never allowed one to want for anything they could provide, and while my last name is PRINCE, I for once felt like I was a KING. I am finicky about beds, no complaints from us. Bottom line we will refurn annually to this place called "HOME".

Room Tip: It would be a disservice to try and differentiate between perfection.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cprince40
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Mr. Prince

Thank you staying with us and delighted that you enjoyed all that the resort had to offer, from the food, staff, entertainment, but most all the the service. Thanks again and see you next year and onwards.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I spent the first day of my vacation in TEARS! Our room was on the 6th floor of the Sapphire building right across from the service elevator. I felt the roar in my head and ears but did not know where it was coming from. I walked back down to the front desk and she told me it was from the service elevator and we were moved to 4th floor. I could still feel the motion of the elevator and the roar in my ears. I told her that I could not stay in that building. She called the manager and spoke to him in a different language which I thought was rude. I asked to speak to the manager. He made me feel guilty for complaining and took me to a very small dumpy room in the Diamond building (supposedly an upgrade from Sapphire) overlooking another resort. The balcony had old furniture on it and was so narrow that you had to stand on it sideways. I spent the afternoon in tears!!! After dinner I went back to the front desk and spoke to Marvina and explained to her how I felt I had been punished by the manager because I had complained. I was crying and she was the first person who embraced me and told me it was going to be alright. She moved me back into the Sapphire building on 3rd floor on the opposite end of the elevator. I could still hear the elevator but did not feel the roar. I was now looking back at the Jewel! If it had not been for Marvina my vacation would have been ruined. We were also upset because we never got to attend an orientation. They only had one a day at 11:00am and we did not arrive until 2:00pm on the first day. The second day we had an excursion pick up time at 9:50am and did not get back until noon. By this time we had just figured out things on our own. They really need an afternoon orientation time too. After we got a room that did not roar, figured out what was going on then we were able to enjoy our 4 year anniversary!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the service elevator if staying in the Sapphire building. Also not all of the rooms in the Sapphire building have french doors opening up to the balcony as shown in the pictures. Every other room will have small windows overlooking the resort with a side solid wooden door opening to the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine M

Hi Catherine

Let me firstly say, thank you for staying with us here at The Jewel Dunns River, and my sincere apologies for the elevator noise that was heard. I fully understand that you felt like the elevator was in your room, and after you brought it to our attention, another room was shown and you felt the same way. After it came to the managers attention, it was explained in details of the only option that was available at that point, which was a room on the 3rd floor Diamond building, overlooking the adjoining hotel. The new room was shown and your approval was given, it was even tested with the doors closed, to see if the noise of the elevator could be heard and you stated "it is much better, thank you. The manger was in no way or form, trying to punish you for bringing your concerns to their attention, they are here to assist and come up with a solution to ensure that all guest are happy, so my apologies if you felt that way. I want to recommend Marvia for the way she handled the situation and have you moved back to the Sapphire building, which was the same building that you did not want to stay in, the new room on the 3rd floor is the exact room that was shown to you when you brought it to our attention, just that it was on the 6th floor that was assigned.

Catherine, my sincere apologies for all the inconveiences encountered and the way the matter was handled, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My fiance and I just came back from my weekend at Jewel. I had a diamond room and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Its not a huge property and I like that. Only con for me is that I would have liked more options at the main dining Buffet. But overall it was GREAT!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Nat W Smith
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed the resort. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My first stay in Jamaica and far from my last.

The hubs and I stayed the 2nd through the 7th of Sept.

The Room-
We had an Emerald Lanai room, close to everything. The room was great, and the bed was so comfy I slept like rock.The lanai rooms are in the oldest building and the rooms are smaller. This little detail didn't bother us as we enjoyed so much the fact that we could run to the room to get something in a minutes time. Personal fridge restocked with beverages daily was a nice touch along with an in-room coffee maker, which we never used (to busy eating at the buffet). We did have an issue with the shower. The shower is located in the garden tub that was slightly difficult to get into. I can't imagine an older person trying to climb in without slipping. That wasn't the bad part. Every time we showered the soapy water would come out of the side of the tub into the bathroom space. If you looked where the tile met the tub you could see it hadn't been grouted or caulked in a long time. So when you stepped out on your mat, it was soaked in the puddle now occupying the side of the tub. Of course this was one tub in one room and the staff was made aware of our issue. One more negative on the room was the dead roaches that would accumulate in the bathroom during the day. Note dead, and the most at one time was 3. The maid always had them cleaned up before nighttime showers.

Food + Drinks-
We ate at Dominic's two nights in a row and found the menu was sufficient for this, a third night would've been pushing it.
The beach buffet at the beach party was really good.
One night we didn't have a reservation for Jade and Dominic's was closed so it was either another jerk chicken wrap, grilled cheese or burger from the pool bar, or dinner at Platinum which we hadn't packed for. My husband hadn't packed pants and we were told they would feed us outside the restaurant, which turned out to be tables set up right outside the entrance in the treehouse bar. We were able to watch football a plus, but I felt like an idiot sitting in the huge chairs and pulled up to the table I looked like a child, able to touch my chin to the table with a slight nod. The food was alright. Nothing to rave about, certainly nothing my husband would pack pants for in the future.
Both the breakfast buffet and the lunch buffet were great and convenient.
Jade was good. The only complaint about this venue was about the table waiter who seemed to have a personal problem and was taken it out on us. Literally huffing and puffing as he waited for me to finish drinking my water so he could fill it and sighing every time someone asked him a question. This is my one and only complaint about service or personnel for the WHOLE TRIP.

All the bar staff and other wait staff were excellent and went out of their way to serve. I particularly made friends with Kevin of Dominic's and Crocodile (bar staff). The "Lifeguards" were amazing and my husband LOVED the daily volleyball match or should I say matches...
We were taken out on the catamaran, the hubs learned to kitesurf, and I got a great tan. The small intimate beach was perfect. The swim area I feel could've been a little bigger? I think we visited in a low month perhaps making the entertainment slightly harder for the staff who is always utilizing us tourists in their daily fun by the pool or the talent show... But the entertainment they did show was entertaining. No complaints.

Which brings me to my 5 star review, I know I seem to complain a little but It's really minor complaints and were situational. We came here to play, relax and enjoy of which we accomplished in five full stars no complaints there. The pools and grounds were gorgeous and well kept. The turquoise water was so beautiful. I'm from and live in FL and we visit the springs regularly but I've never experienced the springs in the ocean, like ice cubes on your feet. We made good friends and great memories. When we go back the Jewel Dunns River will be first on my list. Have a "dirty banana" for me.

Also on this stay we did the Cranbrook Zipline and Dunns River Falls. Both of which I highly recommend not only for fun value but because they were so close to the resort 5 and 15 minutes away. We did both in the morning and were returned in time for lunch.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gotbeachwilltravel
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed review, and appreciate you taking the time, to give us such a great feedback, covering the pros and cons of your stay.

This feedback will be shared with the staff and also be used as training scenerios, to enhance our product. I extend my apologies for the inconveiences encountered, and despite your inconveiences, I am delighted that you will be back.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Nothing to complain about. The resort was awesome. I don't think you could ask for better service, the staff went out of there way to make sure you are having a great time. The rooms were nice, but didn't spend much time hanging in there. It was all about the pool and laying on the beach. I even took advantage of there onsite dive boat. I would recommend this to any looking relax and have great time.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael

Thank you for review and delighted that you enjoyed all that the resort had to offer and see you again soon.