Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$88
Travelocity
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
US$108
US$103
Priceline
US$168
  • Pool
US$152
US$111
IVH Travel
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
US$117
US$99
US$97
  • Pool
6,073 results
All reviewsdiamond roompier dinnerblue holejade samuraicoral cafemountain viewentertainment staffpizza ovenocho riosjerk chickenwrapspizza placethe grillitalian restaurantpiano barnature walkour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The tipped employees were great, but unfortunately for my wife and I, we had to deal with security and management. It was a horrible experience. We switched rooms after the first day, and in our haste, my wife's necklace was left behind. I went back to retrieve it a little while later and it wasn't there. After suggesting that it could have been staff that took the necklace, we were treated in a way that was unexpected. They were insulting, demeaning, and ignorant. It was terrible. We will never go back.
If you think that all you'll need is that mandatory smile and a clean lobby, this place will do fine. If you're worried that the unexpected might happen and you could require attention that's above and beyond the normal routine, this is in no way the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank JewelDunnsRiverBAD
DaineG, Guest Relations Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We regret that your wife lost her item but we offered options to you while you were here. Any assistance we offered to recover your property was refused and as such there was very little that could be done.

Thank you for choosing The Jewel for your vacation.

Guest Services Coordinator

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My stay in Jewel was short but had a blast and the staff was terrific. Platinum Restaurant one of my favourites as you don't need a reservation. Didn't had the chance to experience Jade Samurai
Rest. as it was fully booked (so booked in advance prior to coming or at a check in.) Overall, the resort was A plus for adults only R&R. Tried the Spa and it was worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms 5101.. are two stories close to the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank ctctravel
DaineG, Guest Services Coordinator at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you had a good time and look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay so much I hated to leave for the airport and return home. Have nothing bad at all to say about this Hotel the staff etc. Was truly the best week of my life and truly looked forward to waking up each morning and enjoying the view from our ocean view room.

I am an early riser and would go down to the lobby grab a coffee and sit and enjoy the wi fi then head down to the beach and watch the sun rise. Felt very safe and comfortable at the resort. The bar staff were amazing, dinners as well were amazing. I will be returning as I was lucky enough to win the raffle for a three night four day stay.

Truly was my vacation destination of choice now!

Room Tip: if you like quiet get a mountain view room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lhllnd

Dear Guest,

We're happy to read that we could have given you such a wonderful vacation experience which now makes us your choice for travel. Thank you so much for the feedback. We appreciate the time you took to tell the world about your stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I LOVE THIS PLACE! It exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad we stayed here. We were looking for an adult’s only all inclusive in Jamaica and glad we stayed here. They provide airport transportation. The shuttle also drops off at other resorts in the area so we had Richard Brooks (recommended through us by a friend) to come and pick us up. We were greeted with a cold towel and yummy cocktail while we were showed to our rooms. We had a ocean view room. LOVED IT! Lots of closet space, very comfortable (and quiet hehe) 4 post bed, large balcony with chairs and table to enjoy the beautiful view. We made reservations for the Jade restaurant when we arrived. Moonstone and Platinum have great fish and lamb chops. The buffet was my favorite place for breakfast because you get a nice view and ocean breeze. You never feel like you have to tip but we did at times. The jade was delicious! As for the drinks, if you're a heavy drinker make sure to buy some bottles at the duty free. I think the alcohol are watered down. The water sports are also included.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexandra R

Dear Alexandria,

We are happy that you the value you were expecting from your experience with us. Thank you for reviewing our property and we hope you will come back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spend 5 nights/6 days Nov 5 thru the 10th. Didn't want to leave! We had a great time. Our first visit was in December 2012. Had a great time then too but just didn't get the feeling that Jewel Dunn's River was going to be "our" resort. We were such fans of the former Breezes Runaway Bay and when the Jewel bought that resort and changed it to family friendly (love kids but when I don't have my grandchildren with me I prefer adult only) we decided to try Dunn's River. Our second visit was much more enjoyable. The service was 5 star or better, the food delicious, and the resort was clean and well maintained. We started our stay with being unhappy with our room. It was immediately remedied to our satisfaction. The gals at the front desk were very helpful and patient. Everyone on staff were pleasant, helpful and friendly. The entertainment staff was excellent. We sat at the same bank of chairs at the pool everyday and participated in the pool games everyday so the entertainment staff learned our names and remembered us. After the games they would visit with us which I enjoyed immensely. Baby face was a sweetie!
If I had a complaint, it would be that the nightly entertainment started too late. I wish it started at least by 8 pm. We missed every night of entertainment because by that time we were exhausted! I am so pleased that we can now get jerk chicken at the grill. That was one of my complaints on my previous review. When we stayed in December, the only way to get jerk chicken then was through room service! I now feel that this is "our resort". Love this place. In the future, planning a "girls" trip and this is where we will be coming. I forgot to ask while there about accommodations ie; how many occupants to a room. We may have an odd number of girls and didn't want one to be alone in a room.

Room Tip: 4th floor and higher in the center of the bldg. the room we ended up with was 2412 and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janis C
DaineG, Guest Relations Manager at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a second chance to deliver the vacation you expected. We appreciate the review of your experience this time around and hope we will see for a third run.

Guest Services Coordinator