“My anniversary at X2”

X2 Kui Buri
Phuket, Thailand
“My anniversary at X2”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I and my wife checked in on 19 December 2013 . I stayed at Deluxe Pool Villa room no.16 (as to refer I am a Real hotel guesses)
I choose the hotel for our Anniversary is because the tranquillity and an outstanding architecture.
This is only 2 reasons I realize later that I would be able to find other hotels nearly with same quality. I will not recommend to my friend and others with below reason that I did not even to complain to the hotel because I would like to have my special day here !!!
1) swimming pool floor is so bad condition of mosaic to pierce my foot all time.
2) I realize the water is not freash clean. I am not talking about leaves and thing from tree dropped into the pool but I saw a layer like oil on water surface. it let me think about Anyone use before!!
3) Worm droped into daybed and my wife found on my T-shirt. It is a itchy worm. We kept the worm outside the room because we do not want to other guess surpise.
4) when we checked out, maid call out lound that she found red mark on a towel. It is lip stick mark when she made up her face however maid think it was blood!!! Dame how great for service 200 USD room per night. I said it can clean it but my wife tried to keep the day smooth. And I ask how much is it . 120 Thai baht ( 4 USD) Is that hotel want 4 dollars to keep financial to support hotel??
Poor hotel to deserve client as a hotel guess??? At X2 Kruiburi....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wut651
CRM-BHMAsia, Manager at X2 Kui Buri, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Khun Wiwut,

Thank you for sharing your comments about X2 Kui Buri from your recent visit. I am sorry to learn that our resort did not live up your expectation in terms of some parts of the hotel facilities. The team including Executive Housekeeping & Engineering are working hard to ensure that our rooms preventive maintenance program and weekly pest control are working properly. Importantly, water quality is a key aspect that we are focused on, ensuring that the water in our pools is filtrated carefully. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed resort atmosphere and outstanding architecture.

X2 Kui Buri Management wants to sincere apologize to you for every uncomfortable case which happened, we appreciate and value comments from every client.

Once again, thank you for giving us objective comments to help us improve and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Prarop Chanpoltho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a very cool and romantic boutique resort, offering a calm and exclusive environment. A breath of fresh air in comparison to more established resorts.

My wife and I spent two nights at the resort in November (due to our schedules) but would highly recommend spending 3 nights if you can. My initial thoughts were that this is a peaceful oasis having come from Bangkok but the local area is nothing but peaceful, so it really is an oasis of style and class in a beautiful area. The resort’s location is remote and if that is what you want, as we did, this is a virtue.

The resort will particularly suit couples who want to enjoy some quiet time away and indulge in the luxury that the setting offers. The design and architecture of X2 is clearly the result of a love to deliver such an experience, with an obvious depth of careful thought going into the details. It exudes quality throughout and the pool villa makes you feel like you never want to leave the room. Well, except to enjoy a cocktail and steak or tom yum over-looking the ocean perhaps.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you need a peaceful hideaway, close to virgin nature and far enough from the vibrance of busy city, X2 Kui Buri will be a great fit.

With its exceptionally not-so-popular location, this resort is something I totally fond of at the very first sight. Its designs, functions and concept are exceptional. Anyway, its almost secret location is something that you will find a little tiring driving and finding it on the map!

Hotel's location itself will be a problem for those who want choices of food beside hotel's menu since the nearest city with 24-hr 7-11 is almost 30 minutes driving away :( So, midnight snack is gone off the list in my trip.

I would say that X2 recharged me perfectly, after months of hard work. A perfect idea for honeymooners! Great place to go!

1 Thank tid_din
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It's clear to any frequent holidayer, that whoever designed this wonderful small hotel put a great deal of thought into the exercise. The villas (mine with private pool) were a textbook example of contemporary minimalist design but at the same time wonderfully comfortable. Everything was in the right place, a Phd in nuclear science was not required to be able to operate the lights or air-con! The architecture and interior design are exceptional.

The staff are welcoming, sweet and extremely helpful however be warned, English skills are a little lacking so expect to have to repeat things and deal with the odd slightly muddled request.

Food is very good at this quite remote (forget any ideas of popping down the beach to a quaint seafood restaurant- you'll be walking for days!) resort so chances are you will mostly eat in. What could move this resort from being "very good" to "excellent" is a more expanded menu - after a 4 night stay options are running rather thin.

If you need to kick back and completely relax only a few hours drive from Bangkok and you love exceptional design, X2 is the place for you!

Room Tip: Choose a private pool villa and ask for one with the additional outdoor seating area - perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Doha
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

X2 is a stunning architectural project that would be stand out development in any country around the world. The owners have poured their heart in to creating a tranquil, yet funky environment to provide a haven from the city without having to return to nature.

The resort has a cool vibe that is accompanied by a similar philosophy about the experience. The place is a visual masterpiece from the private villas to the striking bar / restautant and outdoor reception.

Unfortunately that is where it ends.  Whilst not an unpleasant or bad experience it was nowhere near the hype the onwers have generated on their website or in room literature.

Before going into detail I would want to provide a brief summary. The experience can be compared to walking into Manchester United only to treated to a performance from your local pub team. That is not the fault if the players or in this case the staff, but as in football, the blame lies with the manager.

The resort operates with a default 'Do Not Disturb' policy. Seems good and welcome, but it means that you are on your own. So when I requested to provide another pool towel (only one was in my room on arrival) these were provided but the full bin was not replaced nor the mini bar topped up (not even the free water when temp is 30+ and humidity 60+).

When I say the resort is remote it is REMOTE!!!

The end of the road.

Nothing.

Great, but the moment you run out of something you are buggered unless you have a car and spare hour or two to drive to go get it. Although being in a highend resort that has 'no rules' that is aimed at pampering you and provide with a relaxing luxurious experience, you'd think you could get what you want when you want.

No!!! Forget it!!!!

After 2230 the place is closed. Lights iff even. Nothing. So when you want a glass of wine or fancy a little midnight snack forget it!!! The staff will try, and they do try then disappear, forget it.

Go hungry. Go thirsty. Go without. Just go to sleep and wait for breakfast and remember to stock up before 2230 wheb the staff disappear into the blackening night.

Local pub team remember......

Nothing is available AT ALL!!

Not even a bottle of water.

Especially as by the admission of the owners in the in room literature the water is not suitable for drinking.

The bar and restaurant are good. Clearly good chefs, but service again local pub. First night my girlfriends meal was served. Mine followed 20 mins later only after asking. In a busy restaurant that would be possibly forgivable, but there were less than 10 people at the resort not even in the restaurant!!!

The lack of understanding of what a guest requires manifests itself in the room. The wardrobe is an under counter cuboard not sufficient to hang a shirt let alone trousers or a dress.The lighting is architectural and visually effective throughout, but nit powerful enough in the bathroom for a shave. The place is clearly neglected by the owners. The climate here is unforgiving and taken its toll on sime materials, especially the wooden decking which is decaying rapidly and is in place ready to fall apart and break an ankle.

There are other things that have taken the shine of something as architects we were bursting to experience.

To sum up. X2 is a great idea and as a design concept and vision is fantastic. It is a great sight and visually exciting. It is up there with some of the best. As a hotel and resort though it is does not deliver and can be ranked with other mediocre and average places in any city in any country.

Very very disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kinglouisqatar
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I love in X2 resort kuiburi area. I was there for 1 day with my mother we are very happy for the great views and wonderful place to relax.The service was awesome,everybody was friendly and helpful,The breakfast was wonderful,I'd certainly recommend it.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I love it when a hotel is thoroughly thought out with all the details to make a stay perfect are in place.
The minute you arrive you realize that you're someplace special. The design is sublime. The staff is efficient and friendly. Little things
like having electrical plug easily accessed next to the bed. Fast
and easy to use Wi-Fi access.
Can't wait to try some of their other hotels.