We stayed here during Christmas 2010 with friends and family. Location is abt 100 km south of Hua Hin and it takes about 4 hours to get to the hotel by car from Bangkok.
* Hotel: the (four) beach villa's are located almost on the beach and you hear the sound of the waves. This is the most positive factor of the hotel. The other villa's are at the back and almost every villa is fenced all the way around. This can make it very hot during the day. If you like to be completely secluded it could be of interest but so is prison.
* Spa: There is a small massage villa but the level is not better then any spa in Thailand and not representing a five star resort.
* Service: alhough the local employees are doing their best they lack education, experience in service and knowledge of the English language and simply common sense. Only one gentleman could speak english well and he only arrived just before Christmas. Before that it was difficult to explain and get what you like. Furthermore, on the morning of the 25th around 06:00 am the hotel decided it was time for some maintenance. When we informed them with our half sleepy head that maybe this was not the best time of the day the only reply we received was Yes Yes Yes and they continued 40 meters further. Same thing happened the next morning AND evening again. Besides that this is not comprehensible for us it is not serious for a resort in general and especially one which claims to be five stars;
Restaurant: One of the things we enjoy most in Thailand is the local food. FORGET ABOUT IT. The menu consists of burgers, sandwiches, microwaved pastas, canned soup / tuna and Vietnamese (!) springrolls which actually came closest to representing Thai food. Another small example: four km away, along the main road, there are many fresh fruit stalls with great mango's etc. We were not able to locate them in the restaurant so at some stage we bought them ourselves and asked the restaurant to clean & serve them.
Pool: The pool area is nice although no jacuzzi etc available;
Gym: We are still looking for it;
Beach: with high tide impossible to walk on, lots of jeylly fish and stone / rock formation in the water.
Location: if the service would be better and with a normal Thai restaurant the location might be nice if you like to be far away from the rest of the living world. In this case you are more or less stuck in the hotel and you do not have possibilities to walk to another restaurant or any shops. There is a small village abt 25 mintues drive to the south where you can buy sun cream, hats and try some real thai food.
Understood that in the past this hotel was under different management and that the service / quality was a lot better. In the rooms is a lot of information about participating in new hotels / rooms (better give your money to the locals) from the Centara group which shows enough and the way the hotel is managed now is destructive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- X2 Kui Buri Resorts is designed and built with a primary goal that they must "satisfy the spirit". This is partly achieved via architectural design, but more importantly through natural beauty of the location and the meshing of the structures with the canvas provided by nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your X2 Kui Buri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- x2 Kui Buri Hotel Prachuap Khiri Khan
- x2 Hotel Kui Buri
- x2 Hotel Prachuap Khiri Khan