“Cosy meal for two”

Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Llandysul
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2017

My husband and I ate at The Gwarcefel last night. It was a bit of an impulse but we were glad to discover that we were able to reserve a table for 8.30 p.m. at short notice. We certainly were not disappointed.
The staff were all friendly ,welcoming, polite and helpful. We were not rushed. It was a comfortable, relaxed experience.
My starter of warm figs with Perl Las cheese was amazing. The main course was a lamb dish which was perfectly cooked and the chocolate fondant with mint ice cream was dreamy
There was a deal available last night, offering a free starter or dessert. This just made the evening even more worthwhile.
I am sure that we will be visiting Holden's at The Gwarcefel whenever we want a treat.

2  Thank Rhian62

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I was looking for somewhere a bit different to take a couple of friends visiting from Cardiff. I had heard the Gwarcefel Arms had a new chef and it was recommended by several people, so I booked and we went along.
One of my friends wanted the more traditional Sunday carvery-style meal, but his wife and I wanted more variety. D. and I had starters - a very substantial prawn cocktail in his case, and a mild but satisfying curried cauliflower soup in mine. Both came served with warm, crispy bread rolls.
D. then had the beef for his main course, which he found cooked to perfection, A. had the vegetarian goat's cheese and broccoli Wellington, and I chose the sea bream with parsley butter sauce. All were stylishly presented and ample portions. There were also plenty of vegetables to share. We then couldn't resist the sound of the creme brulée and were not disappointed. I couldn't even eat all of mine as the portion was so generous!
The service was prompt and pleasant, and the atmosphere relaxing. I would highly recommend it.

4  Thank KiwiCymraeg
Reviewed 2 November 2016

A real surprise, great food, great environment and great service. The new chef and his staff have transformed this already friendly pub and restaurant into a real must. We booked for four and had a variety of meals between us but of special note were the salmon mousse and for me the mushroom ragout. It's not often I leave somewhere vowing to return asap but on this occasion that's what we did!

4  Thank Neil W
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Had lunch at gwarcefel yesterday. Was dissapointed with the beef, it was under cooked. The vegetables was good and the portion size was enormous. The waitresses were very friendly but not.well organized, we had to wait for 30 mins after ordering for the meal,.and at no time were we asked if everything was ok and wasn't offered any sauces. I know this establishment has only recently opened, and I'm sure they will get it right eventually.

3  Thank hannah d
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Open only 3 weeks and already well established. The place was packed, and no wonder because the food is excellent and a real cut above most places in the area. Modern British food beautifully served. We tried potted smoked salmon mousse with toasted sourdough, oxtail raviolo followed by chicken ballotine and crisp roasted pork belly. The desserts are homemade and really delicious. Service a bit slow but the food is well worth waiting for.

1  Thank suefirstnature