“Great food”

Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Llandysul
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Well what can I say myself son and his partner visited this lovely little pub this evening, we had a very warm welcome from the staff and the food was excellent a little bit expensive but you get what you pay for. We will be visiting again soon and if they dont fancy a chinese from Dani Sang i will be sending them to you. Many thanks for a lovely meal tonight.

1  Thank Tracey L

Reviewed 9 April 2017

It's a very long time since the Gwarcefel was the place for a meal - until Holdens have taken over the restaurant which now opens on Thurs, Fri, Sat and for Sunday lunch. The restaurant itself has had a well needed makeover and the menu offers choice of 4 starters, main course and puds - including vegetarian option. This gets busy - so vital to book. The wine list could be improved but all in all excellent value and very enjoyable food.

1  Thank yllaw
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to go for a meal for Mother's Day on Saturday night instead of Sunday as it's too busy on a Sunday! Had a fantastic meal and it was by far the best food we have had from all the local pubs in our area! Am going to highly recommend to all friends and family as the food was spot on! Service was great, waitress was lovely! Definitely call here again!

1  Thank Fiona D
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Like previous reviews we booked as a party of 6 for a Saturday evening after hearing the good reviews being circulated about the place.
The Restaurant area has only been open for around three months and I think nothing has really changed in the makeup of this typical small village pub.
But, don't let that put you off as the proprietor informed us that converting the premises into a well presented surroundings is currently "Work in progress" and I don't doubt his commitment.
Anyway, we went for the food and my word we were not disappointed. The small restaurant area seats around 30 and was fully booked.
The staff were very friendly, polite and attentive to each tables requirements.
When you look at the menu, quality of the food rather than quantity of selection is the order of the day which I felt worked well. What was presented to our table was of a very high standard.
I can recommend the fillet steak, rump of lamb or for fish lovers the fillet of sea bass and loin of cod all served with home made potato gratin.
Don't forget to leave room for the home made deserts.
Make sure to book in advance, In my opinion you will be presently surprised.

1  Thank Bergerac1025
Reviewed 20 January 2017

My husband and I ate at The Gwarcefel last night. It was a bit of an impulse but we were glad to discover that we were able to reserve a table for 8.30 p.m. at short notice. We certainly were not disappointed.
The staff were all friendly ,welcoming, polite and helpful. We were not rushed. It was a comfortable, relaxed experience.
My starter of warm figs with Perl Las cheese was amazing. The main course was a lamb dish which was perfectly cooked and the chocolate fondant with mint ice cream was dreamy
There was a deal available last night, offering a free starter or dessert. This just made the evening even more worthwhile.
I am sure that we will be visiting Holden's at The Gwarcefel whenever we want a treat.

2  Thank Rhian62