“Fabulous cottage with beautiful countryside”
other travellers have booked this property
Relax and Unwind in the beautiful log cabin with Private Hot Tub and games room
Patio area outside log cabin at the end of the cottage View from Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Relax and Unwind in the beautiful log cabin with Private Hot Tub and games room
Patio area outside log cabin at the end of the cottage
View from Cottage
Original Stone wall from when this was a cowshed
Large lounge with wooden floors & Woodburing Stove
Comfortable lounge to relax with leather sofas.
Main bedroom with Tv
Twin room
Bathroom with Corner Bath and spacious Shower Cubicle
Seperate Toilet and Hand Basin
Beautiful Cardigan Bay where Dolphins can be seen
Playtime
See the dolphins in New Quay
Spacious well equiped kitchen / dining area.
Wintery scene from cottage
So peaceful.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Maria367
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cottage with beautiful countryside”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Beautiful cottage in llandysul located in a rural peaceful countryside,with a built on lodge with pool table and hot tub,arrived on Friday early wasn't supposed to Check in till 4 but owner let us go in at 12 which was gratefully appreciated,spotlessley clean and very spacious beds were very comfortable and the place was like home from home with everything there that you need from kitchen utensils bbq log burner etc.. had a lovely time there and would highly recommend to anyone ..9 miles from Newquay and a fabulous pub 0.9 miles down the road called the tafern bach where we had Sunday lunch which was amazing and home made desserts to die for the owners were very friendly and we had a whale of a time definatley worth a visit all in all 10 out of 10 shame we didn't get to meet Melissa the owner but thanks for letting us have your cottage for the weekend we all had a great time

27 Jul 2017
Thank you for coming to stay at our cottage Brynmeillion, and glad you enjoyed your break away to celebrate your special occasion. That's great to hear you recommending Tafarrn Bach's food and atmosphere, as it has just reopened, and I can now share your experience with my other guests. Maybe on your return I will get to meet you, but on this occasion I was leaving you to enjoy celebrating your special occasion without being interrupted. Thanks again for booking and look forward to welcoming you back again on your return visit.
samfantom
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, shame about the management”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We were accused of leaving our dog in the cottage, which we didn't do. She also said the dog had chewed the table leg and said she would have to buy a new table and was going to charge us for it.
She also accused us of turning the walls and floor black with damp after only being there 2 nights and said we must have had the doors shut constantly.
When arriving at the cottage we were told the heating wasn't working and so we had to leave the arga on and use electric heaters. We weren't told about an information pack or a dehumidifier until afterwards, otherwise we would have used it.
There werent enough chairs in Brynmeillion to accommodate people staying in both cottages (with Dolanna) as stated on the website. We used stools out of the bedrooms. 2 of the chairs were also broken as per a review left on trip adviser months ago.
The 2 cottages are also not just opposite each other, it's a good 20-30 meters down the road.
There was only 1 pint glass and the oven took ages to cook everything.

6 Jul 2017
This is a typical review by a holiday maker who is looking to cause damage to our business as they stayed over 6 months ago and only now writing a review when actually they had no respect for our property at all.
These holiday makers booked last minute for New Year’s Eve as I had a cancellation in both cottages by 2 families who were unable to come. They were desperate to go together and could not find anywhere where they all could be accommodated in 1 property so I offered them my 2 cottages to help them out, as they are often booked together to extended families or friends to enjoy a break away, but live separately as they are not intended / set up to cater for all guests in 1 cottage which they were aware of before booking and were happy with that.
Unfortunately, before they arrived our oil rayburn was damaged and being the Xmas holiday period we were unable to get parts in time for these guests, so they were supplied with electric central heating which they were happy with and I never heard from them during their stay. After their stay I did have an email message saying “We did enjoy our stay, it is a lovely cottage”.
When they vacated the property, we found that they had not respected our cottage at all. On arrival to do the changeover ALL the lights had been left on inside and outside of the cottage even though they had left in the morning, and the cottage had been left in an unacceptable state of cleanliness along with damage to the property, the shower was blocked with some bead things that had been put in there and our guest book had been defaced writing all over previous people’s comments. (they did later apologise for this as, I think was done under the influence of alcohol!! (being New Year). There was also damage done to the hot tub. The bedrooms had water running down the windows and the floors where soaking wet not sure why, and because of this the walls had started to go black due to the excess water in the room. We have never had any problems like this in all the years we have been accepting guests to our property and it has proved costly to myself repairing all the damage that had been caused. The information pack for the cottage can be located in the kitchen so it is clear to see, which explains about the cottage and it being an old cottage that needs airing and where they can find a dehumidifier if need be. The broken chairs had been put out the way not to be used, and new ones put in place, but due to excess numbers they had found them and used them.
It is such a shame that people can write a damaging review like this when actually they were not the perfect guests. So many people do enjoy our cottages and return time after time as it shows in our guest book, and it is a shame that people can leave a review for the wrong reason and that it’s not a true reflection of our lovely cottage.
Wes2013_1...
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Nevermind the silly fusspots, this place is AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I have read the last two negative reviews and can only imagine that they have been left by people who at best have little to do but moan.

From my perspective the cottage was amazing, very spacious whilst retaining that great cozy country feel, any assertion of damp is pure nonsense.

This property is located just a few minutes drive from New Quay were you can get some lovely fish & chips at the lime crab.

I really have enjoyed my stay and want to thank Melissa for once again sharing one of her lovely homes with us, however there was one issue for us with this property, that is that unfortunately at some point you will have to leave :)

Can't wait to go back to lovely wales!!!!

Liked best: Hot Tub!!!!!
Liked least: Nothing, everything great!!!!!!!
Travelling group: Friends
27 Sep 2016
Thank you for your kind words it means a lot to us that people enjoy our properties. We do get many holidaymakers like yourselves that do enjoy there stay and don't want to leave, but then return time after time to enjoy our cottages and our beautiful area. These people might not get time to actually put pen to paper to do a review, but by returning, this tells us they must enjoy there time at our cottage, but this goes unseen to other would be holiday makers. Unfortunately there are people out there who just want to complain as it is easy to do so these days, but fail to mention anything when they are on holiday for some reason and I am sure if I had a problem that effected my holiday I would say something while I was there so it can be put right and then I could enjoy the rest of my stay. It is just a shame we have been victim to a few of these.
muzzgirl
Swansea
“Lacked cleanliness. Not worth the £550 for 4 nights!”
Reviewed 25 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Following our stay at brynmeillion, I feel I had to contact the owner regarding various issues we encountered. Whilst the owner did apologise for all the issues I raised, No partial refund was offered. I am disappointed that I wasted £550 of my hard earned cash to stay in such a poor property.
Firstly I would like to point out that it is not a cottage as advertised- it is a bungalow riddled with damp!!!

Upon arrival I Had to clean fridge, cupboards and dishes before using as they were not very clean.

The heating was not on and the place was freezing. There was also an unpleasant, Musty smell which we soon discovered was because there is a clear damp issue at the property. This was Particularly bad behind the tv cabinet in the twin bedroom. My little boy would not sleep in the single bedroom as he said the wall felt cold and wet and the paint was peeling off. He slept in the double bedroom with me and my husband!
Two chairs in the kitchen were broken. Both a health and safety risk. We refrained from sitting on them for fear of having an accident.
Tin opener was unusable because of broken handles.
We Had to empty ashes from fire before using.
Dusty furniture in bedroom.
Smelly blanket/throw in the lounge- I wouldn't even let my dog lie on it!
Half the light bulbs need replacing in the whole property.

We strongly feel that these issues are unacceptable, especially considering the amount we paid to stay for 4 nights. We have stayed at much higher standard properties in the surrounding area for less money.

We made the best of our week there. Thankfully the location was good and we spent most of our time out and about.
Contacted owner on return home but no offer of refund. It was stated that we should have complained whilst there so she could deal with the issues. How she could magically cure the damp issue in 3 days is beyond me though.
Be aware, I would hate for someone else to spend all this money on such a poor property and feel as disappointed as us.
It was supposed to be a break away to alleviate stress but had the opposite effect really!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Jun 2016
Firstly I would like to say I am very sorry if you did have problems whilst visiting our cottage, but feel it is a little unfair posting this review when you did not let me know and see for myself at the time any problems you might have occurred during your stay so I could have addressed each one with you. I was only aware of things in an email after you left the property.
As the property is old and a converted cowshed we do get damp patches from time to time as people tend to keep the doors and windows shut and leave damp clothes hanging around, when the cottage needs to have air around it and it has not been helped with the weather has been very wet, but wasn’t aware of any damp patches even after you left. The 2 chairs that were broken I hadn't been made aware of before your arrival otherwise they would have been changed but again if this had been mentioned during your stay I would have arranged for them to be replaced immediately.
We try to do our best to offer clean and comfortable accommodation and I would hope people would not put dirty plates back in the cupboard or brake things.
We do, do checks on light bulbs and replace as and when required but if 1 had gone I would have replaced them for you if you had asked. As for the fire as it is a wood burning stove the fire requires some ash in it to get the best out of it so we leave a bed of ash in the grate to help it burn better.
I am sorry this impacted on your break away, but I feel it was a great shame I was not advised at the beginning of your break so I could have done something about it while you were there as I want people to enjoy there stay with us like so many people do as noted in our guest book. Please don't be put off this lovely cottage by what these people say as this is there opinion and many people come and return as its such a lovely place to relax and unwind.
Kind regards
LauraM506...
“Lacked cleanliness. Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed 19 January 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We stayed here with family for a weekend away. The hot tub was lovely & location great, however the apartments were not clean so we spent so much time washing dirty dishes before use & the rooms were set out with lamps on tables but no sockets to plug them in, and TVs in rooms that didn't work. There were no instructions for anything so we couldn't even use the fire & the owner wasn't there to greet us on arrival despite letting her know our arrival time. We had a great weekend but it wasn't as advertised so wouldn't recommend.

29 Jan 2016
This person stayed in my cottage last October, but it is a shame they did not contact me during or after there stay 4 months ago regarding the problems they seem to have had, as I could have easily rectified them if given the chance whilst they were there. All TV's in the property work and all lamps can be used. There is also an information folder in the cottage with my contact number in if people require any help so i can then assist them. This property is enjoyed by many people who return time after time and not sure what they found was not as advertised.
Zoe T
“Very relaxing and spent some quality time together”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The cottage was lovely and the owner personally greated us on arrival even though gage cottage was unlocked due to the safety of the location. Hot tub was fabulous and felt totally relaxed in the environment and surroundings. Lots to do with a short drive and local shops to hand. Wished we had a longer stay as felt so comfortable there, like home from home plus some perks :-)

Liked best: Hot tub
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
15 Sep 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our cottage for us. So glad you enjoyed your well deserved break. Thanks for coming and maybe meet you again next year:)
Dan W
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE!”
Reviewed 1 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Myself and my wife spent our honeymoon here and I honestly don't think we could of chose a better place. Beautiful views wherever you look and everything you could ever need. Was really nice to spend our time here and just relax. Plenty of things to do all around and not too far to travel either. A few great beaches nearby where you can take your dogs if you have any :). Couldn't thank Melissa enough for having us. Was the perfect honeymoon (apart from a few car problems).

Will definitely be saving up and coming again in the future! :)

Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
18 Aug 2015
So glad you enjoyed your special occasion staying with us. It was lovely to meet you all. Look forward to seeing you again when you return in December.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing