Alta Crystal Resort at Mount Rainier
Guest House Inn Enumclaw(Enumclaw)(Great Value!)
US$98
QualityInn
US$122
US$112
Hotels.com
All reviewshot tubthe kitchenhoneymoon cabinmount rainierliving roomother guestsping pongevening activitiesnational parkminute drivegreat hikingowners and staffmovie nightski arealog cabingreat for familiesbon fire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We all had fun time in the snow as well as in the pool and hot tub an as going on the hike along the waterfall and we will love to come back again

The next time try to come it well be in the summer time so we can still have fun an relaxing then as well and we will have more of the family come as well

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Netpiliaris
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Although I'd like to write a great review, we actually did not get to enjoy the hotel at all. See we booked our room probably a month or two prior and did not expect our 9month old to be in the hospital. My husband called a day before our expected arrival and said we could not come due to an emergency and basically got an I'm sorry that's your own fault and we will not give your money back. I work for a big hotel chain so I know that there was something that could've been done. Could you have TRIED to sell the room? Yes, I'm pretty sure they're lots of people wanting to make last minute ski trips. The lack of attempt or care is why I rated this hotel low. Paid over $500 for a room we could not enjoy. Ended up giving it away to someone who could only go for a night. I will not be staying there ever and will rent a cabin instead.

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank Jennsoares
cadematoWashington, Owner at Alta Crystal Resort at Mount Rainier, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are very sorry this guest's baby went to the hospital and she couldn't come as planned. We know her brother-in-law came the same weekend, had a great stay and in fact, stayed with us a second time this past weekend.

Last-minute cancellations are hard to fill since most last-minute people are looking for one night at the lowest possible cost, and these are not our customers. We are not a "large hotel chain" and most people know that you have to reserve well in advance if you want a room on a weekend. We also do not get last-minute walk-ins (like a city hotel). We are sometimes able to help in the case of emergencies, but one day in advance of the arrival date is just not enough time.

We strongly suggest trip insurance to all our guests, on the phone and/or in our confirmation emails, as the unexpected can occur. You'll find that every ski area hotel (and any cabins in this area) require notice for cancellations so this is a good idea regardless of where you stay.

On a positive note, the people to whom she gave her reservation came before noon on Saturday -- so enjoyed 1 1/2 out of 2 days -- and seemed to have a great time.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Vivian Cadematori
Co-Owner
vivian@altacrystalresort.com

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our family has stayed at Alta Crystal Resort for the past three holidays--right after Christmas through the New Year. (We also stay a few times during the ski season.) Vivian and Steven are such warm and accommodating hosts. Each night they organize an activity that is appropriate for all ages. We've enjoyed bingo games, movie nights, craft and cookie decorating events. Each event provides a perfect after ski activity. We love the warm pool and the hot tub. Our family of three has stayed in the one bedroom and the loft rooms. Each is ample and is cleaned daily. This year, I had my heart set on a certain room. The "front desk" (thanks, April!) somehow made it happen. Wow. Plus, as the "mom" I love coming back from a day of skiing to a clean room. Each room is just like shown in the photos. The location is just a few miles from Crystal Ski Resort. The value for the amenities is superior. We've come to consider Vivian and Steven family. Staying at Alta Crystal is a tradition our family will enjoy for years to come. Thank you to all at Alta Crystal Resort!

Room Tip: We like to have rooms that face the pool. These may be a bit noisier, but we can stay and relax and watch our son swim.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent the weekend in the Honeymoon Cabin. The log cabin was relatively new and very clean with comfortable furnishing and a nice layout . The plush queen bed was up in the loft, so not great if you have a problem with stairs at night, but a nice place to nest otherwise.

Has a small kitchen so you can cook if you are so inclined.

We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fmcgillin
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Spent a night here in January 2014 after a day at Crystal Mountain with my wife and 3-year old daughter. It was our first visit to Alta Crystal. The rooms were very clean and updated. We had fun playing in the pool while it was ~20 degrees outside. It sure made getting out of the pool a challenge because of ice surrounding the pool's edge. I'm not sure it was heated to 90 degrees, but we were able to enjoy it for awhile anyway.

The room was comfortable and we easily stayed warm all night. The bed was clean and plush, but the mattress on the pull out couch had some up appealing stains that we buffered with the extra blankets. The kitchen had all of the gear and gadgets we needed to make dinner and the little store in the office had a good selection of adult beverages to accompany our meal.

In the evening, resort staff hosted a well organized and appointed bonfire with s'mores, hot chocolate, and a veritable assortment of adult beverages. The perfect end to a day on the mountain.

My only issue...which is noted here by others and we were aware of when we booked...is that noise from the upstairs units is easily transmitted below. However, our upstairs neighbors respected the quiet hours and it wasn't an issue when settling down for the night.

We definitely enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family