“Alpine Inn Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crystal Mountain
Crystal Mountain Hotels Alpine Inn
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Because we love the Snorting Elk so much, we decided to stay at the Alpine Inn this year. The hotel is old but it was clean and warm. The staff are wonderful. It is basically on the mountain and the breakfast was 5 (five) star! We will make our stay at this hotel a yearly event! It is the perfect place for people who love to ski, eat, drink and have fun!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeiLani J

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I marked it average just because of it's age. We found it very clean and the staff attentive and friendly. We used Groupon and thought it was a great bargain. The included breakfast was just what we needed before hitting the slopes. They are a short walk to the Gondola. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We purchased the Groupon and by looking at the website and seeing the price we figured it would be decent but an older ski lodge setting so our hopes weren't too high. We were wrong it was worse. The staff was friendly upon check in and we were pleased that breakfast was included but when we walked into the Inn the hallway felt like an old senior center and smelled of soggy cereal. Our room was tiny and worn and the "Queen" suite was a full sized bed with an old bedspread. Luckily the sheets were creased and starched so I could tell they had been washed recently. The TV only had 4 channels and the walls were very thin. We only stayed one night so we made it work. We were impressed with the breakfast and it was nice to park so close to the lifts. It also helped that we had a gorgeous blue sky day and decent snow to make up for the lackluster lodging.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smarcus123
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed with my husband at the Quicksilver Lodge, part of the Crystal Mountain Hotels. It was with trepidation after I read all the bad reviews ( I actually packed extra bedsheets and blankets:). We got the deal through "Living Social", so it was $95 instead of the $265 in the middle of the week. The room was small and clean and recently remodeled. The bed was clean. It was quiet. Not many people there. The style of the room was more Motel 6, bargain isle at Lowe's for the remodel. It could have been charming without too much effort. We had a Deluxe Queen room, one of the larger rooms, still quite small. The lounge on the second floor has a youth hostel or waiting room feeling, despite the gas fireplace, not cozy. We decided to stay in the room instead.
The breakfast at the Alpine Inn was good and the price $12.00 voucher/person, not including tax and tip was OK, as it was included in the overnight price. They offered cereal, scrambled eggs with ham, fresh fruits, oatmeal and toasted English muffins with jam. We hit the slopes and felt great being able to be up there early and having the mountain to ourselves. So not too bad if you are getting a deal. I do not think it is even remotely worth the $265 that people paid. You can get a cabin or condo for this!
Thanks to all the other reviewers that unfortunately had bad experiences, I think the management listened a little and made some positive changes in remodel and house keeping.
If Crystal Mountain really wants to become a World Class resort however they really have to improve lodging further to make this a truly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: get a Deluxe room at the end of the (first) or if possible second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I really wanted to not believe the negative reviews of this place, but after spending $265 a night to stay in a youth hostel, i had to post this review. We stayed in the Quicksilver lodge which was supposed to be renovated. And by renovated, they mean they crammed a 2005 TV and 2 sq foot fridge into an already crowded loft room. Oh, and they got a new roof and parking. They forgot to address the stairs that are at such an angle (and the stairs themselves are already sloping down) that they must be against code. It made me sick that we paid 265 a night for this hovel but guess what...there is no competition in the area so they can sit back and do -0- upgrades and milk it for the location. Crystal itself is a great ski mountain but there is no way it is a "resort" with this type of lodging option (the hotels are not affiliated with the mountain but in my mind, the ski mountain now has a negative-halo effect of being tainted by these amenities). Dont stay there. if you need to go, stay in Seattle and drive the 2 hours each way,

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LFHRamblers
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed in the Quicksilver Lodge, part of the Crystal Mountain Hotels complex at the base of the Crystal Mountain ski resort. I believe the lodge is actually the most recently updated of the three inns in the complex but it just doesn't pass muster.

The room was quite small, with room for a bed, two nightstands, two chairs, a small closet, and a sink, and nothing else. The bathroom contained the shower and a toilet. The furnishings appeared cheap and the bed gave me a backache. If that was a queen-sized bed, it was the smallest queen I've ever been on; I suspect it was a double. There was a wall-mounted flat-screen 24" television with built-in DVD player. And there was a small refrigerator under the sink. The towels were small and cheap and they provided free Breck shampoo and those tiny bars of soap.

The wallpaper was peeling in one spot and the carpet was dirty; it remained dirty for the length of my 3-night stay; I heard them using a vacuum cleaner elsewhere but either they didn't use it in my room or it didn't work very well. The hot water temperature varied throughout the stay but rarely got above lukewarm. The walls are very thin and there was a visible gap at the bottom of the door, so every noise carried, from conversations, to doors opening and closing, to showers and sinks operating, to toilets flushing, to people walking by in the hallway, to people walking in the room overhead.

They provide free wifi but only guarantee it in the common room. In my room, which was the furthest away from the common room, the signal was erratic and I ended up using my phone as a tether half the time. I've been told that Verizon is the only carrier that can give you a signal up on the mountain. There was a set of lockers, one per room, at one end of the hotel where you can store your skis and boots.

The view from the window was absolutely gorgeous and the location is superb. Parking is free of charge. The common area has an assortment of couches, chairs, tables, a fireplace, and several board games, along with the free wifi. The automatic door closer was broken on the door leading to the (unheated) stairs, so the room remained chilly unless people remembered to close the door.

There is a breakfast buffet at the Alpine Inn restaurant but I can't really recommend it. Coffee, two types of cereal with whole milk, scrambled eggs (dry), bacon (good), potatoes (meh), french toast (limp), oatmeal (unappetizing), an assortment of bagels, English muffins, and small muffins (blueberry, banana nut, almond-poppy seed) for, I think, $13. I tried it twice and neither time did the wait staff ask if I wanted anything else (e.g., juice, which is not provided as part of the buffet). The grill at the base of the slopes offered a better selection and was a better value.

For location and the view, this hotel cannot be beat at this location. For everything else, though, it significantly underperformed what I expected for the price and what I've had at other ski resorts. I'd recommend staying elsewhere and accepting the slight inconvenience of having to drive to the mountain.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank PaulBart1
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My friend and I were looking forward to a glorious two day stay in the mountains, cozy lodge, great accommodations, friendly staff, good food, comfy beds, hair dryers in every room..........well.....we got NONE of them...not One. To top it off, I came down with some icky bug and we decided that skiing all day would not be the smart thing to do , so...early in the second day we called to say we would be leaving....room could be available by nine, could we get a refund. We were told NO, that this unique room..for over two hundred dollars a night was in demand and it was too late to try to rent it...."no wait-list for this Motel Six type room with no charm, no amenities lumpy beds and. Housekeeping staff screaming up and down the halls at seven AM?"....appalling

We agreed that this Inn is run by twentysomethings.

Do be aware that IF you decide to go anyway that you do not check in at the Alpine Inn, but half mile away , sort of on the way to Grandmother's house...AND...do not attempt to bring skis, poles, boots with you up the trek to your room..there is the smallest of scrawled signs letting you know is it a huge No No........staying here, should be.........

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 5 in Packwood
Crystal Mountain Hotels
Crystal Mountain Hotels
#2 of 3 in Crystal Mountain

Been to Crystal Mountain Hotels Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!