We booked my parent's surprise 40th Anniversary Party at the Crown for a Sunday. I grew up in Godalming and know the pub but haven't been here since it was refurbished.
Initially, however, I was a little disappointed as I found out last minute our party was on two separate tables. But, they had a cancellation and we were fortunate enough to get the huge table in the back. It was wonderful and made our day.
Marcus (the General Manager) and the rest of the team at the Crown, looked after us the entire day, from coordinating out little surprise gathering in the courtyard (which involved setting up banners and the table with champagne etc.) to helping us with all the flowers and cakes etc.
The food was very good. Some of the starters were better than others and seemed a better quality than others, but the mains and deserts were all consistently very good. We also had some very strict dietary requirements on the table which Marcus took great care over and the chef/s did a brilliant job.
As our lunch went on a little, they needed to move us in to the bar for our tea and coffee which worked out very well as it gave us a change of scenery. We also ate our anniversary cake which I'd made (this icing had got all squished in the car) and when it came out (we'd asked them to put it in the fridge) the chef has redone the icing for me to make it look like a professional cake (it definitely didn't look that good when I had done it that morning!).
Overall, we had the best experience there with impeccable service and were very well catered for to our unique requirements. Several members of our group have already said "I've only ever been here for a drink before, but I'm definitely going to host my next party here".
Thank you for making my parent's 40th Anniversary an even more memorable occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic country Inn nestled in the corner of the picturesque Chiddingfold village green. Olde world charm sympathetically blended with sophisticated & contemporary decor to create 8 exquisite bedrooms. A cosy bar with inglenook fireplace and restaurant serving both à la carte and bar menus. Delicious food and a warm friendly atmosphere, the perfect place to totally relax. The Crown is an AA 5 Star Inn which has been recently awarded Highly Commended status. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Crown Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Chiddingfold
- The Crown Inn Chiddingfold, Surrey