The Dovecote at Greenaway
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chiddingfold
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Godalming Hotel(Godalming)
Cranley Hotel(Cranleigh)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbeds were very comfortablefamily weddingb btop qualitylast weekendvillage greenhostsensuitecenturybeamspubsaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Sheila and John were delightful hosts. They offered good advice for the local area and allowed us to relax and catch up in their beautiful garden. Breakfast was taken in the old dining room, full of character! What a beautiful home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Gorgeous house, full of character and very pleasant hosts. We thought it lacked the extra touches you would expect from a B&B that charges £115 per night. The only toiletries in the (very lovely) bathroom were hand wash and hand lotion and there were no tea or coffee facilities. The breakfast was very nice but we were not offered any choice of cooked breakfast and were told that 9am was the latest it would be served (we were not the only couple to be refused a later time). After breakfast we were then asked to vacate the room by 10-10.30 which was surprisingly early for a Sunday checkout. As I said, it is a beautiful house with friendly hosts and the room was lovely but we felt a little rushed and would expect a little extra for the price we paid.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loociemed
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I booked a stay in June for a wedding and at the time of booking the host was extremely helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the wedding as at 8 and a half months pregnant I was advised not to travel. I phoned to cancel the booking 4 days prior to my booking and was told that I would still be charged for the room unless another booking was taken. At all times during correspondence staff were very pleasant over the phone and I have since paid for the room that we did not use. The reason I am writing this review is to inform future and potential guests as there is no cancellation policy or information on the website, I was not told when making the booking via phone that there was a minimum cancellation period or charge policy, and I have never stayed anywhere else where with 4 days cancellation notice you would still be charged the full cost of the accommodation.

The accommodation came very highly recommended and it is a shame that we did not get to stay as planned, however I feel it only fair for future guests to be aware of cancellation protocol as we were not properly informed before unfortunately having to cancel our trip.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GBAKER_27
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Delightful hosts. Had the double bedroom en suite. Very comfortable and walking distance from the two pubs. Will be returning next week. House built in mid 16th century. Watch your head on the beams. John and Sheila could not have been more welcoming, could have been in one's own
home.

Room Tip: Double bedroom has the en suite. But the other rooms looked great as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

A most beautiful and brilliantly furnished period house and no doubt with the owners in residence professionally managed. But currently they are away and it is being managed by their son who has(another) job and does not live in the house, Thus the phone was never answered, emails were never replied to and it was impossible to get in when we wanted. Also various equipment like wifi and bedroom ceiling lighting was not working. We never found or were shown a TV or radio.
The breakfast was very poor and not up to the standard you would expect in these surroundings. There was no visitor's book. So suggest you wait for the owners' return before staying at this expensive B & B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple