The Swan Inn Chiddingfold
US$162
Priceline
US$125
US$112
All reviewsair consky tvcalves livertop floorfoie grasyogurtmain coursedvd playerlovely hotelexecutive suiteboiled eggsstayed longerred winegreat foodevening mealpuddingstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed just the 1 night here but will definitely return and recommend to others. Very helpful owners and staff. Food was amazing. Room was very comfortable.
Such an amazing place, a little gem in the countryside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Yes the food was good......tasty...nicely served.....but small portions,

I did not like the atmosphere.....this is an old building which has been depersonalized....and assaulted by modern piped music. I don't object to music but I found the insistent presence just plain annoying.

This is not a place to go if you want to bask in discreet unhurried meal eaten in charming atmosphere.......but I have to say the food is good.....

Room Tip: I just ate ,,,not slept....hopefully they don't have the infernal music piped into the bedrooms!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Swan last Wednesday. Our room was lovely and clean and the bed comfortable. Tea/coffee facilities were provided. We really enjoyed our stay and were made most welcome. Four of us had a delicious meal in the bar/restaurant that evening. We couldn't fault it.
Our son lives in the village so we shall be staying at The Swan again and next time I shall book a superior double room with less stairs to climb for access!

Room Tip: Book a superior room and try and get one at the back of the hotel. Well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here overnight when attending a wedding at Ramster Hall about a mile and a half away. My wife and I had a lovely room up in the eaves with 2 double beds and 2 large windows with Juliet balconies. It was very comfortable and spacious, with sky TV and free wifi. Compared to the size of the bedroom the bathroom was a bit small although it had two washbasins, a bath with shower over it, and a toilet. The bathroom was a bit dark - you couldn't really read a book in the bath!

My only other criticism was the lack of decaf coffee on the drinks tray. It wasn't even available on request. Good job we'd brought some with us. With more of us drinking decaf, this is a bit of a downer these days. I stay in lots of hotels and can't remember another UK hotel which didn't have this facility available.

Breakfast was very nice and freshly cooked, with lots of choice. Decaf coffee was available from the espresso machine!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I came in with my family and the place went quiet. The owner rather rudely said "is the crown closed then". From this rather odd comment we felt most unwelcome. The bar staff were unfriendly too. It's a lovely looking pub, but in my experience not very welcoming.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Hugh M
swanGodalming, Owner at The Swan Inn Chiddingfold, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I'm so sorry you didn't feel welcome when you came in. In retrospect it may not have been the
most appropriate thing to say; we were just surprised to see you so soon. We noticed you and your family when you parked your car and saw you go up to The Crown, coming to us a few minutes later. We knew The Crown was closing for a wedding some time that afternoon so in fact it was a genuine question and wasn't meant to be unfriendly. We were just curious and then a little surprised when you didn't respond.

We do hope this hasn't put you off coming to see us again soon.