“Classy homely pub with yummy breakfast!”

The Swan Inn Chiddingfold
Ranked #2 of 6 Chiddingfold B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were a couple staying here for a wedding which was up the road in Bramley (Gate Street Barn).

This was my first visit to the area, and the pub was fairly easy to find with plenty of parking at the front and back.

We stayed in the larger room 11 which was at the back so quite quiet. The decor was really cute and modern, not something you expect from a typical pub, more like a boutique hotel.

Nice touches in the room such as Sky tv, tea/coffee, free mineral water and biscuits and nice toiletries. The only small criticism was that the water in the shower was boiling hot and we couldn't figure out the aircon so the room was quite hot, but apart from that lovely!

Breakfast had lots of choice; continental and full English. The full English was good size and we ate the lot! Service was very friendly and welcoming. Price was reasonable for Surrey.

We would stay again if in the area or if getting to visit the Top Gear track!

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, room 11 is really big with two double beds and a big sofa.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I remember the Swan Inn 20 years ago when it was a basic pub with basket meals. Since being taken over and "modernised" it is without a doubt the best in the area. I probably eat there once every six months and am always impressed by the standard of service and food. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It's been a while since I last ate here and that was on a dark winter evening. Arriving for lunch in the bright sunshine with an old friend brought home how stunningly well fitted out is this Inn. First impressions count and the quality interior of the Inn made a good one. We had made a reservation for a table out in the back courtyard and were shown to our places by a very friendly and professional waitress. As we walked outside the back of the Inn our impressions were only enhanced by the attractive layout, the summer plants and garden furniture. Sitting with a good mate under parasols in the warmth of early July sunshine and in a decidedly upmarket situation provided an intense feeling of well-being. Being pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of the place, I was bracing myself for an expensive menu. However, when the menu came I relaxed. There was a lunch menu and a la carte to choose from, neither of which was overpriced. We both selected crayfish tail and avocado salad, which was deliciously dressed with an interesting and tasty variety of leaves and perfect for the day. Not being over-faced by the salad we both finished with the double espresso, biscotti and ice cream combo from the dessert menu. All in all, highly recommended for well prepared food, friendly service and a sophisticated dining experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I travelled from Plaistow, where we were staying for the weekend, to visit the Swan. We had a fabulous evening. We all had very tasty and well presented food, the atmosphere was lovely and the waitresses were attentive without being too much. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I found the room and bathroom to be above average for a "pub". The bedroom was beautifully appointed, in neutral colours and provided everything required though I didn't find the hair dryer, if there was one.
Sky TV and a DVD player were provided, with a library of DVDs available if required.
The bathroom was large and airy with double sinks.
I prefer to have a dark room or I tend to wake early so the amount of early morning light did spoil it a little for me but it was not an issue as such.
I would highly recommend this as a lovely place to stay, in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed just the 1 night here but will definitely return and recommend to others. Very helpful owners and staff. Food was amazing. Room was very comfortable.
Such an amazing place, a little gem in the countryside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Yes the food was good......tasty...nicely served.....but small portions,

I did not like the atmosphere.....this is an old building which has been depersonalized....and assaulted by modern piped music. I don't object to music but I found the insistent presence just plain annoying.

This is not a place to go if you want to bask in discreet unhurried meal eaten in charming atmosphere.......but I have to say the food is good.....

Room Tip: I just ate ,,,not slept....hopefully they don't have the infernal music piped into the bedrooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiddingfold
The Stag on the River
#4 of 4 in Godalming
The Crown Inn
The Crown Inn
#1 of 6 in Chiddingfold

Been to The Swan Inn Chiddingfold? Share your experiences!